AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   help identify very old anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5587)

chung_chang 2004-01-22 22:43

help identify very old anime
 
Hi,

I am new here and need help to identify an old anime.

* I watched the series in the late 1970's so it's at least that old
* story is about a little girl and her dog wondering in a European country (I think) searching for her grandfather (or father)
* little girl takes peoples portraits with old style black&white flash camera on tripod to survive her journey

I'm not having any luck searching the net. Hope someone here knows what it is. Thx!

kj1980 2004-01-22 23:38

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.

Is the anime that you talking about is a girl who travels from Bosnia to France while working as a photographer? During the trip, doesn't the mother die? And at the end, doesn't she work at her grandfather's place?

If this is correct, then the answer is: "Perine Monogatari," (The Story of Perrine) based on Hector Malot's 1891 book "En Famille." This is one of the Nippon Animation World Masterpiece Theater animes, circa 1978.

Deralti 2004-01-23 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung_chang
Hi,

I am new here and need help to identify an old anime.

* I watched the series in the late 1970's so it's at least that old
* story is about a little girl and her dog wondering in a European country (I think) searching for her grandfather (or father)
* little girl takes peoples portraits with old style black&white flash camera on tripod to survive her journey

I'm not having any luck searching the net. Hope someone here knows what it is. Thx!

This sounds like Fatal Frame: The Crimson Butterfly :hmm:

chung_chang 2004-01-23 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.

Is the anime that you talking about is a girl who travels from Bosnia to France while working as a photographer? During the trip, doesn't the mother die? And at the end, doesn't she work at her grandfather's place?

If this is correct, then the answer is: "Perine Monogatari," (The Story of Perrine) based on Hector Malot's 1891 book "En Famille." This is one of the Nippon Animation World Masterpiece Theater animes, circa 1978.


Ah, that might be it! I'll search for some pics when I get home tonight to make sure. Didn't think anyone here would remember something that old! THANKS!!

kj1980 2004-01-23 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung_chang
Ah, that might be it! I'll search for some pics when I get home tonight to make sure. Didn't think anyone here would remember something that old! THANKS!!

I loved Nippon Animation's World Masterpiece Theater animes.

chung_chang 2004-01-23 18:20

Yup. That sure is it! Thank you again very much.

Can I ask where I can get it in the US? I wish to have good quality with English or Chinese dub. I bought Candy-Candy a while back and the quality sucked! Looked like TV capture or something. I don't want to waste money again.

kj1980 2004-01-23 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung_chang
Yup. That sure is it! Thank you again very much.

Can I ask where I can get it in the US? I wish to have good quality with English or Chinese dub. I bought Candy-Candy a while back and the quality sucked! Looked like TV capture or something. I don't want to waste money again.

I live in Japan. I have no idea where you can get this in English. To my knowledge, the English speaking world has yet to see all the great animes from the World Masterpiece Theater series.

Although, if you want, you can visit a Japanese online store and they sell each World Masterpiece Theater anime for 3800 yen per disc. For "Perrine Monogatari," that would run 13 volumes as it was a year long series.

chung_chang 2004-04-17 12:55

I just took a trip home to Taiwan and found the whole series in VCD for about $25 US Dollars. The quality is very good with Chinese dub and sub. They also had it in DVD with multiple dubs and subs but the price was 4 times as much. Thanks again!

Kyuven 2004-04-17 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti
This sounds like Fatal Frame: The Crimson Butterfly :hmm:

except that took place in japan

a_nevels666 2004-04-17 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuven
except that took place in japan

...

He was just joking...

Evolution 2004-04-17 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deralti
This sounds like Fatal Frame: The Crimson Butterfly :hmm:

Everything now is ripped off something else.

Yamano667 2004-04-17 23:05

Hi you can buy the DVD of the series :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by chung_chang
Hi,

I am new here and need help to identify an old anime.

* I watched the series in the late 1970's so it's at least that old
* story is about a little girl and her dog wondering in a European country (I think) searching for her grandfather (or father)
* little girl takes peoples portraits with old style black&white flash camera on tripod to survive her journey

I'm not having any luck searching the net. Hope someone here knows what it is. Thx!



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.