AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   BIOHAZARD : Degeneration (Resident Evil) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57051)

NeoSam 2007-10-29 02:37

BIOHAZARD : Degeneration (Resident Evil)

A full CG titled "BIOHAZARD : Degeneration" has been announced. Its a coproduction between Capcom and Sony Pictures. BIOHAZARD's first full CG work.

BIOHAZARD is a survival horror game series from Capcom.

Source:
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/news/html/071029.html

NoSanninWa 2007-10-29 03:35

Holy Moley, Resident Evil anime?! Wow!

I should explain for the sake of anyone who isn't aware. Biohazard is the original Japanese title for Resident Evil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1226460)
BIOHAZARD is a survival horror game series from Capcom.

Biohazard is THE original Survival Horror game which originated the genre of Survival Horror.

Skyfall 2007-10-29 04:12

Holy cow, Resident Evil turned in to an anime ? 0_O Now that is something i would have never imagined. This makes me a happy panda, being a fan of the games. Should make for a nice piece of horror ... wonder what rating it will get :) A full CG production, eh ... not really a fan of those, but we shall see. I liked Appleseed :)

Bonus points if i get to hear "STAAAAARS", which is very unlikely though :heh:

RavenHawk 2007-10-29 05:29

I can't wait! I always loved Resident Evil!

Solace 2007-10-29 06:00

Wow, took them long enough.

IchiKyo 2007-10-29 06:06

WOW really? O_o
It's not like the Resident Evil 4D, right?

Kinny Riddle 2007-10-29 08:20

Jeebus, a Resident Evil anime? Wonder how it will fare compared to the movies?

Zu Ra 2007-10-29 09:21

My first reaction is yippee fangasm but once it died down I worry . Well why I worry is because of DMC . We all had high hopes on DMC I was hoping its transition from Game -----> Anime would be smooth and flawless like Gungrave , but alas it wasn’t

So though I am excited I keep my fingers crossed http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/767...20017eohb9.gif

kenjiharima 2007-10-29 09:29

At last this will give justice to the live action. No offense to the LA...but i really want something from CAPCOM. When ever they make anime's it's DAMN good. Though SF generations only the intro and Ryu Akuma fight was the best scenes. :P

relentlessflame 2007-10-29 10:26

Sounds like we should consider this most analogous to the Final Fantasy VII movie -- a full CG feature co-produced by the game developer and Sony. The games have always had quite-nice-looking CG and a presentation that has a broad appeal, so it's not really surprising that Sony's trying to see if lightning will strike twice. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it...

Kaioshin Sama 2007-10-29 11:54

Wonder if it will actually follow the plotline of the games.:twitch:

capture 2007-10-29 13:11

ohhhhhh RE :twitch:

just like relent said I hope this will be as d*mn cool as FFVII's advent children...

tnx for the nice news ;)

kininku buster 2007-10-29 14:25

I'm pretty excited about the news but I was hoping it would be in 2D.

Ialdaboth 2007-10-29 16:08

Funny as I was precisely watching the first movie yesterday and was surprised to find myself enjoying it in spite of its totally gratuitous blasting of scores of zombies and red-skinned mutants monsters. Good B-movies are so rare, nowadays...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa (Post 1226499)
Holy Moley, Resident Evil anime?! Wow!

I should explain for the sake of anyone who isn't aware. Biohazard is the original Japanese title for Resident Evil.

Biohazard is THE original Survival Horror game which originated the genre of Survival Horror.

*cough* Alone in the Dark *cough*

Yes, I know, nitpicking. Sorry.

NoSanninWa 2007-10-29 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ialdaboth (Post 1227441)

Oh sure. If we're going to count 1992's Alone in the Dark we need to count 1989's Sweet Home. Honestly those two certainly influenced Resident Evil, but they were just footnotes of inspiration.

u43368 2007-10-29 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ialdaboth (Post 1227441)
Funny as I was precisely watching the first movie yesterday and was surprised to find myself enjoying it in spite of its totally gratuitous blasting of scores of zombies and red-skinned mutants monsters. Good B-movies are so rare, nowadays...

I was just about to say that, but just because I love Lovecraftian Horror.

I'm not a big fan of the movies (don't like horror movies, ironically I love horror anime/manga and games) so I hope the movie will be good... at least better than the DMC anime.

Ialdaboth 2007-10-29 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa (Post 1227521)
Oh sure. If we're going to count 1992's Alone in the Dark we need to count 1989's Sweet Home.

:D

I was about to include Sweet Home in my post but finally I didn't. RE's core gameplay has more to do with AitD than with Capcom's older RPG.

I stand by "Alone in the Dark is the true progenitor of the action-horror gaming genre", and not only because of a matter of national pride :D

narmi 2007-10-29 19:25

Hurray! We might get an anime series based on Resident Evil. I wonder if they will follow the games or do another "universe" based on the games. Either way I have great hopes for the series :).

cors8 2007-10-29 20:36

I'm waiting until there's more info on the plot before getting excited.

Hypernova 2007-10-30 04:44

I never finished Alone in the Dark, didn't know how to get past the demon guarding the stairs going down the level you started with so just gave up. That was 1994 and I don't even know where the game floppy is now.