AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) D.M.C - Detroit Metal City (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=57622)

Nightengale 2007-11-09 14:12

D.M.C - Detroit Metal City

As posted by NeoSam...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1244640)
The seinen manga Detroit Metal City by Wakasugi Kiminori will be getting animated.

Also according to MooPhase's anime list; the shounen manga Hazama no Uta by Kaishaku will be getting animated.

==========

デトロイト・メタル・シティ
Detroit Metal City

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Young Animal.
Currently there are 3 volumes released of this manga, and the fourth volume will be released on 29/11/2007.
Covers can be seen here:
http://www.s-book.com/plsql/com2_series?tid=459214351

From the group Scum-Scans:

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

Detroit Metal City will also be getting a live action movie adaptation.

FUCK YEAH DMC ANIME!

I don't care what they do with the anime, so long as they don't mess up the songs be it Satsugai or Negichi's nerdy songs.

Bocca 2007-11-11 03:37

*Cringes

Just when I thought I've seen it all.......but not a rock band anime. :uhoh:

SATAN 2007-11-20 20:34

This is good news, even though I'm not a fan of the manga. I hope they make the songs brutal.

Haohmaru 2007-11-21 11:35

From Animenation:

Detroit Metal City Versus Berserk
As part of a new advertising campaign promoting the November 29th release of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga volume 32 and Kiminori Wakasugi's Detroit Metal City manga volume 4, Japanese publisher Hakusensha has released the first animated video in a series of 3 shorts depicting Detroit Metal City's Johannes Krauser II versus Berserk's Gutts. The second short will go online on the 21st, and the final clip will premier on the 28th.

Source: Moon Phase

Anyone seen the 2 shorts yet?

Haohmaru 2007-11-22 17:39

Did anyone get these to work? I only get a media player page loading. Nothing else.

Nightengale 2007-11-23 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haohmaru (Post 1266431)
Did anyone get these to work? I only get a media player page loading. Nothing else.

I got it working on WinAMP. It's lousy though, 2nd rate 3D stuff.

aohige 2007-11-23 23:32

D! M! C!
D! M! C!
D! M! C!

Man, they better do Mr Krauzer's singing justice. :D

nadare 2007-11-24 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bocca (Post 1248771)
*Cringes

Just when I thought I've seen it all.......but not a rock band anime. :uhoh:

There is already a rock band anime its called "Beck"

Haohmaru 2007-11-24 11:13

And it's great! It's one of the best animes I've seen. Great characters. Love the music and the animation is good too.

nixie 2007-11-25 04:59

^There's also Kaikan Phrase.

So hey, interesting news! I love rock bands and shows about them. But with Studio 4°C, I guess I can't hope for beautiful characters in the anime then. ^^; (note: I didn't read the manga). But there's still the awesome Matsuyama Kenichi in the live-action movie. I wonder who will be the guest artistes.

aohige 2007-11-25 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nixie (Post 1269933)
^There's also Kaikan Phrase.

So hey, interesting news! I love rock bands and shows about them. But with Studio 4°C, I guess I can't hope for beautiful characters in the anime then. ^^; (note: I didn't read the manga). But there's still the awesome Matsuyama Kenichi in the live-action movie. I wonder who will be the guest artistes.

There are no "beautiful people" in DMC.

DMC is about over-the-top humor and extreme metal.
It's more in the lines of Wayne's World type wacky comedy, not a serious rock band story in the style of Beck. :)

Besides, if there were any of those visual-kei nonsense bishounens in DMC, the only role they would play is to be beaten, raped, and brutally murdered (publicly humiliated) by Krauzer-san.

7Th 2007-11-26 22:38

http://topics.studio4c.co.jp/?eid=38

I came!

free_lancer 2007-11-27 15:43

D.M.C! And wow, Studio 4°C is doing the animation?

Hmm... has it been announced yet whether it'll be a full series or an OVA?

Snoop' 2007-11-28 05:51

Wow wow wow, DMC + Studio 4°C !?
I might SATSUGAI someone ! :D

(BTW I never actually read the manga)

TooPurePureBoy 2007-12-05 22:06

LOL I just read this the other day! It's f'n Hilarious. :heh:

Molokidan 2007-12-10 18:41

hey guys, I'm the translator for DMC for scum-scans. I'm really excited about this anime, and knowing that 4C is handling it, it is sure to be awesome. If anyone's planning on subbing this, let me know, as I've done it so far, am quite familiar with the world of DMC and many of the inside jokes, so I'd love to do the translation for the animated version as well. Please let me know!! molokidan @ gmail.com .

TooPurePureBoy 2007-12-10 19:14

I'm not a member of a group, but I would like to personally thank you for translating the manga. I had more than a few belly laughs while reading. :bow:

wao 2008-06-19 01:48

Bump for trailer? This thread is so dead... I heard about this when Studio 4C was announced to do it but forgot about it after that. I haven't read the manga or anything after all...

...but having watched the trailer I'm starting to think I really should, lol. It seems so odd being produced at Studio 4C though. The director is Hiroshi Nagahama, who I always associate with Akitarou Daichi (the gag execution looks almost exactly like Daichi's Gag Manga Biyori and why does it surprise nobody that Yuji Ueda is in the cast list) but never with 4C. Not like it's a bad thing.

They're releasing all 12 x 14min episodes (all 2-parters bringing it to 24 shorts?) in 3 discs within 1 DVD-box going for 13,230yen (tax included) on 08/08/2008. That includes a bonus disc with all sorts of special stuff
They're also releasing individual dvds (4 episodes per disc, 3 DVDs), at 3990 yen each.

From the trailer it doesn't look like the usual Studio 4C stuff, but it looks pretty funny and entertaining (and I love the kinda random humour) I shouldn't have just forgotten about this show! Maybe I'll go read the manga now.

Shinndou 2008-06-26 22:26

Read the manga wao, it's absolutely hilarious in all the possible right and wrong ways. :D

I'm so looking forward to see this animated.

tigerwoods 2008-06-27 09:43

I read a volume of the manga and got really excited. I laughed and laughed... and laughed watching the trailer. If they do a good job with the songs this will be awesome.