AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Utawarerumono (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Utawarerumono OVA Series - (old generic discussion thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58834)

NeoSam 2007-12-02 11:28

Utawarerumono OVA Series - (old generic discussion thread)
 
As mentioned in this post, Utawarerumono will be getting a 3 episodes OVA adaptation.

relentlessflame 2007-12-02 14:43

Moved the message to a new thread.

I'm very much looking forward to this. I assume that they're going to use these episodes to explore more of the fun/comedic side of the Utawarerumono world that got cut from the anime due to time constraints.

I guess the timing isn't too surprising with the Blu-Ray set of the series being released in Japan at the end of January. And Tears to Tiara arriving on PS3 and in anime form in the not-too-distant future.

Anyway, good stuff. :)

Anh_Minh 2007-12-02 16:48

Wouldn't a three eps OVA have even more time constraints than a 26 eps series?

relentlessflame 2007-12-02 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 1280696)
Wouldn't a three eps OVA have even more time constraints than a 26 eps series?

Oh sure -- but what I meant was that I suspect these will be "omake episodes". They're going to fill in gaps left from the original anime as opposed to creating a new story. So in that sense, it's more like making the original series "26 episodes + 3".

Spectacular_Insanity 2007-12-02 20:50

Sweet. I was really hoping they would have an OVA series. This makes me very happy indeed. :D

Any idea on the release date? I can't find any info on it in those posted links.

relentlessflame 2007-12-02 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1280954)
Any idea on the release date? I can't find any info on it in those posted links.

I'd say that it's probably a ways off yet. From the sounds of the announcement, production's already underway for the first episode, but hasn't started for the second yet (they haven't decide what it'll be about yet?). So I'd guess the first episode would be at least 6 months off at this point? Obviously that's pure speculation -- who knows...

Spectacular_Insanity 2007-12-02 21:44

Well, I can wait. The longer it takes, mostly likely the better quality it would be. Besides, they have to write the story anyway, since the anime and the game ended in the same place, and so no more of the story exists. Either way, I am greatly looking forward to it.

SeedFreedom 2007-12-02 22:15

Sorry if this has been mentioned in the licensed thread, but will anime suki consider the OVAs licensed?

relentlessflame 2007-12-02 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedFreedom (Post 1281068)
Sorry if this has been mentioned in the licensed thread, but will anime suki consider the OVAs licensed?

Well, unless there's a comment from ADV Films or they're listed in the credits, I don't see why they necessarily would. There's no guarantee that ADV will license it, though it's certainly probable. (If nothing else, Imagica and all probably want the English dub/sub for the inevitable Blu-Ray release, as they're doing with the series.)

Flame-X 2007-12-12 15:16

wait since when was this announced? O_O

relentlessflame 2007-12-12 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clamp-X (Post 1295490)
wait since when was this announced? O_O

It was announced a little over a week ago at an Aquaplus event in Japan. So it hasn't been long.

Keroko 2007-12-13 09:20

Wonder if they will finally end the enitre Dori/Gura argument by animating that one scene from the game.

Spectacular_Insanity 2007-12-14 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1296586)
Wonder if they will finally end the enitre Dori/Gura argument by animating that one scene from the game.

Nope. For those that didn't play the game, Dorii and Gura will forever remain ANDROGENOUS! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa. :rolleyes:

XTimX 2007-12-22 15:02

o.O ecchi scene ??

Flame-X 2007-12-26 15:19

i hope this ova is a side story of Karura's and Touka's adventure. XD

Keroko 2008-01-03 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1297689)
Nope. For those that didn't play the game, Dorii and Gura will forever remain ANDROGENOUS! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XTimX (Post 1309319)
o.O ecchi scene ??

No, I mean the scene in which they clearly state they are boys and even offer to undress to prove it.

Then again, there will always be madmen who will claim they were 'just kidding' :rolleyes:

Yes, I've actually seen people claim that.

lilguy 2008-01-03 17:25

Wait, are the OVA's the DVD Specials?

Or are they different?

Shiroth 2008-01-03 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1325917)
No, I mean the scene in which they clearly state they are boys and even offer to undress to prove it.

Now would be a good enough chance then any for it to happen. I defiantly have my fingers crossed that it will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilguy (Post 1326073)
Wait, are the OVA's the DVD Specials?

Or are they different?

New material, not the DVD specials --- though you could have found that out just from reading the first few posts of this thread.

lilguy 2008-01-03 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1326090)
New material, not the DVD specials --- though you could have found that out just from reading the first few posts of this thread.

Bleh sorry >.<

Wasn't too sure

Flame-X 2008-01-04 13:55

any release dates yet?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.