AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Vampire Knight (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Vampire Knight (Generic Discussion thread) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59273)

Shiroth 2007-12-11 08:16

Vampire Knight (Generic Discussion thread)
 
Source from: ANN & Moonphase.

Fans of the Vampire Knight manga (myself included) have been wanting this for some good time now. For anyone who's new to the series, plot taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:

Originally Posted by plot
Vampire Knight primarily takes place in Cross Academy, a prestigious private school with an unusual class structure. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of ordinary students, and the Night Class, an elite group of 'beautiful people.' Unbeknownst to the majority of students, and even most of the staff, the Night Class is made up entirely of vampires. The heroine, Yuki Cross, is one of the few humans who knows the school's secret. She serves as a Guardian, dedicated to maintaining the peaceful coexistence of the Day and Night Classes with her childhood friend Zero, who lost his parents to vampires at an early age.

At the moment we have no news on air dates, or voice actors, though knowing it's going to happen is good enough for me.

Cyz 2007-12-11 08:26

Is it true? It is yes? I was hoping that this manga will get an anime version :blush: and hey, my wish came true :nod:

andromeda0201 2007-12-11 10:13

Yes it is true =D...and yes i'm excited about it too
I hope they use Miyano Mamoru back as Zero Kiryuu since he played the role in the drama cds

kira-sama 2007-12-11 10:49

YATA!!! i really waiting for so long that this manga will be animated
thank god my wish come true

Shiroth 2007-12-11 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inujun (Post 1293514)
I hope they use Miyano Mamoru back as Zero Kiryuu since he played the role in the drama cds

Chances are they'll use the drama CD cast.

White Manju Bun 2007-12-11 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1293803)
Chances are they'll use the drama CD cast.

I hope they do considering FukuJun and Junichi Suwabe are also in it.

This was also on my "manga I wanted animated" list so I was really happy when it was annoc. Kaname-sama on screen O_O.

Shiroth 2007-12-11 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 1293849)
I hope they do considering FukuJun and Junichi Suwabe are also in it.

Yeah, they're perfect for each role, so it would be kinda silly to just go with a complete new VA cast.

I can't wait to find out who'll be doing the music for this one (i'm sure that was expected). I need to know.

LKK 2007-12-11 16:30

I'm looking forward to this anime as well. The story is one that should adapt well to an anime format. My biggest worry is the ending though since the manga is still ongoing. (Of course, that's a common concern for any ongoing manga that's adapted to an anime. :heh:)

Quakis 2007-12-12 19:59

Great news, though I only started reading this series some month back, should get back to it. I find the art style very appealing. Hopefully the anime comes out well.

JakeC 2007-12-14 06:59

Nice orginal name, I bet it took them hours to think of it.

2H-Dragon 2007-12-14 07:35

To be honest the manga was pretty medicore. I may be male, but I like shoujo I guess. The relations and things that happen in this series lack logic. The only real plus about this series is the bishilicious art, but when a series gets animated that will take a downfall I guess.

While a guy can watch shoujo/josei, because they like the romance and the character relation. I wouldn't recommend this to any guy since the romance and the character relations are just big wtf. >_> I wouldn't recommend this to girls either, but hey girls seem to be going crazy about this series though I don't know why?

Nightengale 2007-12-14 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 1297992)
To be honest the manga was pretty medicore. I may be male, but I like shoujo I guess. The relations and things that happen in this series lack logic. The only real plus about this series is the bishilicious art, but when a series gets animated that will take a downfall I guess.

While a guy can watch shoujo/josei, because they like the romance and the character relation. I wouldn't recommend this to any guy since the romance and the character relations are just big wtf. >_> I wouldn't recommend this to girls either, but hey girls seem to be going crazy about this series though I don't know why?

Vampire Knight is an angst fest. I mean, c'mon, you can just feel the emo-tasticness flowing through the series. Helps that it's pretty low on comedy, and the characters come across as being either emotional, distraught, cold or whatever.

I do like the atmosphere of the series that carries the characters among other things though. There's something about the setting, the mangaka's style, the dialogue, and the way the characters bring themselves (( Kaname and Zero are the best examples, both in a good and bad way. )) that...how should I put it... makes the reading experience cold, surreal and in a way, beautiful.

The anime will either be strangely immersing despite writing flaws/etc, or it'll suck. It all depends, I suppose.

Shiroth 2007-12-14 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 1298078)
The anime will either be strangely immersing despite writing flaws/etc, or it'll suck. It all depends, I suppose.

Personally, i'm not all that certain that an anime adaptation can capture the beauty of the manga, the exact beauty that you have just explained. Either way i do look forward to seeing how they plan to tell this story.

piccu 2007-12-14 23:33

After being forced by my older sister I read the first chapter some time ago and thought that it was boring and ridiulous, the art is not bad but...
Well, I might reconsider reading the series since FukuJun and Suwabe Junichi were in the cast of the drama CD which means that I'm going to watch the anime anyway...

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2007-12-15 02:30

The only thing i am concerned with is the material for the anime.Do they have enough material to do the anime?Recent chapters is very interesting but i dont think the anime will cover that since the ending will be like left hanging.Personally i dont mind such ending as long as they stick with the manga.

I dont know if this sound random,but i hope those people will animate Kaname properly since to me he already has that feminine look in the manga.I wish it wouldn't get worse in the anime adaptation

Shiroth 2007-12-15 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya (Post 1299063)
The only thing i am concerned with is the material for the anime.Do they have enough material to do the anime?Recent chapters is very interesting but i dont think the anime will cover that since the ending will be like left hanging.Personally i dont mind such ending as long as they stick with the manga.

I wouldn't be surprised if they follow the manga towards the end of the TV series, then finish it of with a anime original ending. It's been done a number of times in the past, and seems like it'll happen again here.

XxKawaiiAngelxX 2007-12-15 12:08

I'm gonna have to tell me friend but shes gonna scream in my EARS!! T.T
Anyways I only started this last month but it was really awesome I can't wait 4 the show!

KrebMarkt 2007-12-15 16:12

Found 2 List of VA for VK :

黒主優姫 :堀江由衣
錐生零 :宮野真守
玖蘭枢 :岸尾だいすけ
藍堂英 :福山潤
架院暁 :諏訪部順一
一条拓麻 :千葉進歩
支葵千里 :保志総一朗
黒主理事長 :子安武人
早園瑠佳 :皆川純子
若葉沙頼 :植田佳奈


* Yuki Cross - Yui Horie
* Kaname Kuran - Daisuke Kishio
* Zero Kiryu - Mamoru Miyano
* Hanabusa Aido - Jun Fukuyama
* Akatsuki Kain - Junichi Suwabe
* Takuma Ichijo - Susumu Chiba
* Senri Shiki - Soichiro Hoshi
* Headmaster Cross - Takehito Koyasu
* Sayori Wakaba - Kana Ueda
* Shizuka Hio - Keiko Sonoda
* Shouda Kass - Fuka Shou

How much they coincide i don't know because ideograms are a mystery to me :(

Shiroth 2007-12-15 16:24

That's pretty much the Drama CD cast, so i'm not surprised a list like that has appeared already.

ZeusIrae 2007-12-21 13:49

Quote:

I do like the atmosphere of the series that carries the characters among other things though. There's something about the setting, the mangaka's style, the dialogue, and the way the characters bring themselves (( Kaname and Zero are the best examples, both in a good and bad way. )) that...how should I put it... makes the reading experience cold, surreal and in a way, beaut
At last, I understand why I like it.I am not a big fan but the atmosphere is indeed special.Kaname is intresting, and he contribute a lot to the mysterious atmopshere.It's an angst-fest but watching the cold Kaname elegantly killing his enemies makes it worthwhile.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.