AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Neo Angelique Abyss S1 & S2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59293)

domino 2007-12-11 22:48

Neo Angelique Abyss S1 & S2

Starting a thread for next spring's "Neo Angelique Abyss". This will be the 3rd Angelique TV series (making it the 7th Angelique animation series, if you include OVAs). It's set in a different world with different characters than all previous Angelique anime, though, so no previous knowledge of Angelique is required to watch.

Title: Neo Angelique Abyss
Genre: Shoujo, Supernatural, based on RPG video game by Koei
Plot: I only played a small bit of the "Neo Angelique" video game, but from what I remember, it was about a girl named Angelique who attends an all-girls school wanting to become a doctor to help people. Creatures called "Thanatos" that drain the life out of things appear, so of course our heroine steps up to the challenge

Cast:
Endou Aya as Angelique
Takahashi Hiroki as Rayne
Ohkawa Toru as Nyx
Onosaka Masaya as J.D.
Ono Daisuke as Hyuga
Yamaguchi Kappei as Rene
Hirakawa Daisuke as Bernard
Kusunoki Taiten as Mathias
Irino Miyu as Erenfried
Nakamura Yuichi as Jet
Kimura Ryouhei as Roche

Official site (TV anime): http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/neoromance/tv/neo/index.htm
Official site (game): http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/neoangelique/

Character Design by Yura Kairi (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
Animation will be done by Yumeta Company, as usual (Koei has their own pet animation studio for handling their game to anime adaptations...)

Opening movie for the video game can be seen here:

Looking forward to it~

Mariem 2007-12-12 23:51

As I am a big fan of Neo Angelique, I will definitely check this! ^.^
And the art/character design looks way better than the one used in the last Angelique TV series.

domino 2008-02-24 07:45

Info on the OP has been released..!

The OP will be titled "Joy to the World" and will be sung by the characters (and their respective seiyuu) Rayne, JD, Hyuga, and Nyx. They will be singing under the unit name "Aube Hunter 4". The release date of the single is April 23, 2008.

Source: http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000002574

usagijen 2008-02-24 11:47

Joy to the World... lol XD
and of course, the OP HAS to be sung by the seiyuus themselves, part of Koei's evil plansss~

I'm really looking forward to the anime!! =D

usagijen 2008-02-24 12:12

oh, and the trailer is up on the site =D

I also uploaded it in youtube XD:

domino 2008-03-28 09:48

Site has a new top image using manga style:

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/neoromance/tv/neo/index.htm

The ED song was also announced~
It will be "Aiai Kasa" by Tegomass (the guys who sang the catchy theme songs for the Lovely Complex/Love Com anime)

There will also be a small stage event for this anime at this weekend's Tokyo Anime Fair~

domino 2008-03-30 09:43

Trailer from this weekend's Tokyo Anime Fair (though not great quality and hard to hear...):

The art style is so similar to La Corda d'Oro's... which is a good thing.

hideFan 2008-04-06 22:46

Looks promising. I'll definitely check this one out.

sapphire-pyro 2008-04-07 00:36

The anime has already aired, right? Strange that I still don't see any RAWs available ^^;

I don't have high expectations on this anime . . . but I like some of the voice cast *_* Nakamura Yuuichi, Ona Daisuke, Ohkawa Toru . . .oh wow xD

Kaoru Chujo 2008-04-07 01:19

The raw is out and I enjoyed it. The animation is better than recent Angeliques, with a new/old company, Yumeta, and some of the staff that made Corda D'Oro (storyboarder becomes director, same character designer). The writer did Tide-Line Blue and did script work on Bokura ga Ita, Hataraki Man, etc., etc. The show seems quite promising, to me. Endou Aya did a good job as Angie, and Nyx (Ohkawa Toru) and Rayne (Takahashi Hiroki) were both good.

Mgz 2008-04-07 01:59

wow, kinda Fushigii Yuugi-ish :O, lot of sexy guys in the promotional pix so I bet the fangrilz will be all over this anime soon :D.

I like the instrument track from the YT game OP

littlekitty 2008-04-07 16:51

I <3 this show. Can't wait for more.

LKK 2008-04-11 20:35

Now that a sub is out for episode 1, should this thread be moved to the Fansubbed forum?

SuperKnuckles 2008-04-12 05:50

Not sure if the show/franchise is popular enough sadly.

I just watched ep 1 and I must say it looked positively beautiful and is actually one of the best animated shows of the season IMO. The plot also seems to move on much quicker than the previous Angelique efforts. Actually the series seems to get inclemently more pretty by the year.

Very shoujo-ish but that is obviously its charm. And the men are sexier than ever. :twitch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1515977)
The raw is out and I enjoyed it. The animation is better than recent Angeliques, with a new/old company, Yumeta, and some of the staff that made Corda D'Oro (storyboarder becomes director, same character designer). The writer did Tide-Line Blue and did script work on Bokura ga Ita, Hataraki Man, etc., etc. The show seems quite promising, to me. Endou Aya did a good job as Angie, and Nyx (Ohkawa Toru) and Rayne (Takahashi Hiroki) were both good.

Wow. Reading back, that's quite a list of pedigrees. Writer doing Bokura ga Ita and Hataraki Man? Jeez, those were two of the most well written anime I can remember.

FuzzyWuzzy 2008-04-12 08:12

I hope she doesn't become emo all the time. It would just annoy me.

LKK 2008-04-12 09:48

I watched episode 1 last night. Thoughts: A reverse harem. Lots of lovely male eye candy. A fantasy action-adventure setting. Fighters who specialize in nearly every major form of weaponry. (Points off for not having an archer though.) Gorgeous albeit highly impractical clothing...... this could easily be my My Guilty Pleasure of the season. :nod:

DragonM 2008-04-12 10:20

Yeah, I really enjoyed watching the first episode, I like the combination of shoujo/action and such.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2008-04-12 10:21

I have always tell myself over and over that i should just stop watching shows with lots of bishounen but i just can't resist this.The hotties here are really...............:eyespin:

I agree that this Angelique season is better than the previous one,especially the art.It looks beautiful.

The only thing that i am concerned about right now is the female protagonist.I really dislike those characters that cry and become emo most of the time whenever something happen.It's annoying like hell.I hope she won't become like that

Deathkillz 2008-04-12 12:37

Oops...I forgot about this series :heh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 1528744)
I watched episode 1 last night. Thoughts: A reverse harem. Lots of lovely male eye candy. A fantasy action-adventure setting. Fighters who specialize in nearly every major form of weaponry. (Points off for not having an archer though.) Gorgeous albeit highly impractical clothing...... this could easily be my My Guilty Pleasure of the season. :nod:

Took the words right out of my mouth :D

Bishies!! as far as the eye can see :D

My inner fangirl is just screaming at them. Lucky Ange :heh:

This was a nice first start imo. The teaser for what is to come at the start is a classic way to start a story.

Abit I do have the same kind of fear that Chinatsu has for Ange. I do hope she doesn't end up as a damsel in distress character, as that would just annoy me.

Well, I haven't seen a reverse harem series in a while so this is a welcoming treat ^^ The style and design was just great. Hope they keep that up.

LKK 2008-04-12 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 1528957)
Abit I do have the same kind of fear that Chinatsu has for Ange. I do hope she doesn't end up as a damsel in distress character, as that would just annoy me.

Based on the two displays of her power, I would guess that her power is the kind that can only be summoned under extreme distress. What would cause that distress? As she said, her desire to save everyone. Why would everyone need saving? As shown by the future teaser, because they (the other purifiers) are fighting to protect her. Why would she need protection? Because she's been captured, caught, injured, what have you. In other words, damsel in distress city here we come with the added touch of her being the team's ultimate saviour. My only hope is that this pattern isn't repeated too often. I don't mind the damsel in distress scenario if it's used with restraint.