AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rockbell... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6058)

Mitchell 2004-01-28 11:44

Rockbell...
 
Wonder why Ed didn't get mad when he heard that colonel Mustang killed the parents off Winley.

Forsaken102 2004-01-28 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell
Wonder why Ed didn't get mad when he heard that colonel Mustang killed the parents off Winley.

Hmmm... maybe because he already heard from Dr. Marco(h) that the Col. had killed the doctor couple, and then he found out who it was?

Not only that, but remember the Col.'s hesitation in the Flame vs. Full Metal match? I wonder if Ed took that into account...

SilverHeimdall 2004-01-28 13:09

Because he understands what happened.
In the flashback (Marcoh telling Ed and Al about the Ishbar War), he said that Roy was ordered by Grand to kill them, he also told them that Roy was so disgusted with what he had done that he tried to commit suicide. It wasn't just a flashback by Marcoh, it was Marcoh telling Ed about it.

So that brings you to where Marcoh said who the doctors were, Winly/Winry's parents, the Rockwell/Rockbell (gotta love those l's/r's and w's/b's switching). He then realised that Roy had killed them but, what could he do about it? Roy has gone through enough already, right?

I type too much, kthx.

Sunray 2004-01-28 16:23

I think it wasn't Mustang. Mustang would use alchemy to kill someone and not a gun.

Mb81 2004-01-28 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunray
I think it wasn't Mustang. Mustang would use alchemy to kill someone and not a gun.

Well; is it sure that Ed knows, that Mustang killed them ? I don`t think so...

Asakura_Y0h 2004-01-29 02:54

Nah like someone earlier said...when there's flashbacks... it means that Ed see exactly what the flashback shows.... ie... Marcoh's entire story of what happened... someone somewhere also asked the question of what Roy was doing at the Rockwells place after Ed and Al did their human transmutation... that person speculated that Roy could have been there initially to appologise.. not only there in response to the letter that Ed and Al sent him...

However, you're quite right about the gun usage... I myself can't understand why he had to shoot them with a gun rather than burn them...

Remington 2004-01-29 03:53

besides he already got to know in ep.3 that a state alchemist killed winrys parents, and still he wanted to be one too, even so he would have to kill inocent people too if he get the order to do so. I think thats the reason he doesn't reproach marco or "this soldier" with the death of the two doctors.

Forsaken102 2004-01-29 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Nah like someone earlier said...when there's flashbacks... it means that Ed see exactly what the flashback shows.... ie... Marcoh's entire story of what happened... someone somewhere also asked the question of what Roy was doing at the Rockwells place after Ed and Al did their human transmutation... that person speculated that Roy could have been there initially to appologise.. not only there in response to the letter that Ed and Al sent him...

However, you're quite right about the gun usage... I myself can't understand why he had to shoot them with a gun rather than burn them...

Well, maybe he thought it would be less cruel;

Think about how he normally kills people- by burning them to a crisp. (*thinks back to train episode... 5, I think it was?*)

I'd MUCH prefer to have a bullet go through my brain than recieve burns covering 90% of my body, melting the skin off, and my eyes being burned out of my socket, and my ears, and.... anyway.

That, or when you're in situations like those, you tend to just do what would come naturally; and almost any person would take a gun first. But, these are just speculation, and I'm no psych major, so... draw your own conclusions.

Mitchell 2004-01-29 12:39

Mayb he didn't go to apologize to them, but to look for ed and el. I think Their father was a real good alchemist, and the colonel wants to see i they got some talent or something. So that they would be from great use for the militairy.

Asakura_Y0h 2004-01-29 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell
Mayb he didn't go to apologize to them, but to look for ed and el. I think Their father was a real good alchemist, and the colonel wants to see i they got some talent or something. So that they would be from great use for the militairy.

well... i suppose it depends what roy thinks is good for the military... to me I think Roy has seen so much corruption that he wanted these two on his side to help him with the cleaning up of all that the military has done wrong... he was probably trying to curb the problem of having someone like scar turn up or something like Ishbal from happening again... but I doubt that he'd be able to stop it....

Anyway, perhaps he went to Rockwell for both reasons... to see the brothers and to check whether Winry is doing fine... Thinking back to that ep... i think the grandma knew that it was roy who was ordered to kill them... that's why she asked him to get out of the house... i'm pretty sure winry doesn't know though.... ok i think I've rambled on enough....

Lst2touchdasky 2004-02-01 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunray
I think it wasn't Mustang. Mustang would use alchemy to kill someone and not a gun.

REasoing 1:Well at the time all alchemy was enchanced by the stone, so if alchemy- if roy were to use his flame attack it would kill him in the process

REasoing 2:Mustang already hated using his alchemy on innocent people, but these people werent just innocent they were good people and they were also their own people. so it was of a assination rather then an act of war, so a gun would leave less evidence and there might have been stuff that they could use in their office.

Biohazard 2004-02-01 11:40

As far as i understood transforming / mutation drains power.
( At the test to become an state alchemist you can see that. )

Since they wern't a thread in any kind he just shot them... i mean, sure, alchemy might look cooler, but who cares in such a situation? It just wasn't necessary.

I think edward could understand Roy, it was an order, if he didn't do it he would be most likely killed by his komerades for deserting, or refusing of an order in front of his superior.

And i think he could also understand why he tried to commit suicide... i think he just understood that, and as he said before: Revenge acomplishes nothing, if anyone would revenge someone there would be alot of avenging going on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.