AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61001)

Pellissier 2008-01-17 05:43

Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana II, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2008-01-17 14:07

I don't really expect anything amazing. Some cool down, experimenting on Yuuji, enjoying the festival.

I hope at least one character will point out how much Pheles stand out...

Omniscient 2008-01-17 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1347715)
I don't really expect anything amazing. Some cool down, experimenting on Yuuji, enjoying the festival.

That's kind of how the episode turned out...until the last two minutes...

nines 2008-01-17 14:24

whered u guys see the epi at cant find it x.x

Xellos-_^ 2008-01-17 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1347715)

There is Yuuji filling Pheles with his existance :p

Pheles: More Yuuji, More. Please fill me up :heh:

Malzar 2008-01-17 14:52

omg its released !!! :O I must see this episode o_O

(Can't find it though) =(

piku 2008-01-17 14:54

only satisfactory on the scene of pheles and johann (so great that make me cheer in front of the screen), as well as the scene kazumi change her clothes. the story is being too fast and not deliver main point to viewers very well... many detail and splendid description from novel are lost. read back novel 12 is recommend for interest.

i must say the drawing style is so unstable that i laugh for nearly whole episode, for pheles's face... how come a beauty in the novel become like that in animation... beg for improvement in the rest episodes.

shana x kazumi, yuri well done! pheles is YANDERE...

fumina seems reveal her identity as guessed...

Susanou 2008-01-17 15:08

Screenshots are up at the RandomC blog: Click

Needlesss to say, the last 2 minutes pretty much are the center of this episode. Some background stuff, then some action again. Anyways, speculating time:

Spoiler:

Malzar 2008-01-17 15:09

well for me pheles looks good she looks much like a nimf that make it weard I gues :P

DX HBK 2008-01-17 16:33

I guess the moral of the story is to don't travel memory lane, especially with Pheles.

Well, looks like the action is about to heat up but will there be anymore original content?

teachopvutru 2008-01-17 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by nines (Post 1347736)
whered u guys see the epi at cant find it x.x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malzar (Post 1347761)
omg its released !!! :O I must see this episode o_O

(Can't find it though) =(

The people who have watched it most likely watch the RAW and understand Japanese. Just in case you don't know, the RAW doesn't have subtitle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piku (Post 1347763)
only satisfactory on the scene of pheles and johann (so great that make me cheer in front of the screen), as well as the scene kazumi change her clothes. the story is being too fast and not deliver main point to viewers very well... many detail and splendid description from novel are lost. read back novel 12 is recommend for interest.

Well, that would probably be 3-5 years later for Viz to release that volume. :p Of course, assuming they will still continue it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by piku (Post 1347763)
i must say the drawing style is so unstable that i laugh for nearly whole episode, for pheles's face... how come a beauty in the novel become like that in animation... beg for improvement in the rest episodes.

Haven't seen this episode yet (waiting for sub to come out) but I agree that the drawing style changed virtually every episode. I liked the first few episodes' drawing so let's hope they stick with those.

X10A_Freedom 2008-01-17 18:11

Decent bridge episode, at least explains why the battle in ep13 was mediocre.

Ep15 in my opinion will be the make or break for this series which has been rather mediocre so far.

Deathkillz 2008-01-17 18:56

YAY more action!...mainly in the preview! :D
Spoiler:

DX HBK 2008-01-17 19:11

Hey, she doesn't know much about self-restraint. Still, the expression on her face in being impaled by the Silver's arm seem a bit out of place. Almost a bit comical.

Well, let's see what Konoe... or Hecate does. Another week of waiting.

serenade_beta 2008-01-17 20:15

Spoiler for ep14:

Neki Ecko 2008-01-17 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX HBK (Post 1348137)
Hey, she doesn't know much about self-restraint. Still, the expression on her face in being impaled by the Silver's arm seem a bit out of place. Almost a bit comical.

Well, let's see what Konoe... or Hecate does. Another week of waiting.

Konoe or Hecate is going to have something planned and it will be showing up in the next episode, and also

Spoiler for :

ThoHell 2008-01-17 21:59

Hm...I was really looking forward to Shana season 2 for awhile, but so far it has been rather disappointing. Boring, too many pauses and overkill reaction and screaming from Yuugi....leading to *yawn*. I think the only good part of this episode was the bloody end with the 2 twist and then a cliff hanger. Preview for the next episode looks good, hope it is!

Reckoner 2008-01-17 22:44

Not saying that these people's opinions are invalid or anything, but it seems to me that when ever a show gets a follow up, people usually cry that it isn't as good as the first season. Is this some kind of universal trend?

Personally there have only been about 3 bad episodes this season and like 4 mediocre, the rest have been good.

teachopvutru 2008-01-17 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 1348421)
Not saying that these people's opinions are invalid or anything, but it seems to me that when ever a show gets a follow up, people usually cry that it isn't as good as the first season. Is this some kind of universal trend?

Personally there have only been about 3 bad episodes this season and like 4 mediocre, the rest have been good.

Since marathoned the first season in one night, the experience of watching it in comparison to this one would obviously be different. For that reason, I can't exactly compare them hand-in-hand. However, I would say that in my opinion, not to generalize but the people who are complaining are overexaggerated... this season isn't as bad as people make it out to be whether or not it's not as good as the first season... The disappointment they get is probably withdrawed from anticipation for this season, or at least, that's what their posts seem to say... or at least, ThoHell's does.

SoldierOfDarkness 2008-01-17 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 1347741)
There is Yuuji filling Pheles with his existance :p

Pheles: More Yuuji, More. Please fill me up :heh:

It's clear she'd rather be filled up by Johan.

I suppose its understandable to a certain extent that she wants him back so badly, she's been going what? Centuries without refueling?