AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [Game] Fate/Unlimited Codes (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61864)

MarcusG 2008-02-03 00:17

[Game] Fate/Unlimited Codes
 
http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

Iam not sure if this is old but it looks interesting.

Clarste 2008-02-03 04:01

There's no "Stay" in the title, it's just Fate/Unlimited Codes. Seems to be a Fate/Stay Night fighter in the vein of Melty Blood. Not too surprising (although Capcom's involvement might be).

And Unlimited Codes is a funny name. I'm guessing it means something Engrishy in that Type-Moon style.

Tormenk 2008-02-03 08:06

Wow. Looks great overall. Anyone has a copy of this game yet? :confused:

MarcusG 2008-02-03 22:19

Heres a video of Berserker destroying that other chick. For people who want to see how the game plays.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKimsqR2Nds&feature=related

Synria_ 2008-02-03 23:23

fatal/fake??

Is this some third party game?

iamandragon 2008-02-04 04:12

How come Berserker's not using just defense in that Fatal/Fake video?

EmagEvil 2008-02-04 04:15

Bah no! Fatal Fake is a doujin game while Fate/Unlimited Codes is a real arcade game! There's a huge difference! Here's a link of video :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmF3CRcMQXk&feature=related

Clarste 2008-02-04 04:17

Fatal/Fake is a completely different game made by different people (it's a doujin game, so it's not Type-Moon approved, if that matters to you). Just so no one's confused. There are some Unlimited Codes videos floating around on youtube. It's not out yet, but there've been some open demonstration type things where people could come in and play the beta. And record little movies of people playing the beta.

Edit: I type too slowly.

iamandragon 2008-02-04 07:53

Fatal/Fake still looks better despite being a doujin made game...

DarkCntry 2008-02-04 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon (Post 1380010)
Fatal/Fake still looks better despite being a doujin made game...

They basically look and play the exact same, with a few minor changes between the two visually, they are for all intents and purposes the same game, just one is a licensed and one is a doujin.

Of course, F/F was created well before Capcom got their mits on it, but it is nice to see a licensed version out there drawing crowds.

iamandragon 2008-02-04 19:14

Capcom! No wonder I don't like it. I pose a grudge against their art style...

MarcusG 2008-02-05 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamandragon (Post 1380833)
Capcom! No wonder I don't like it. I pose a grudge against their art style...

Even the art on Street Fighter 3

iamandragon 2008-02-05 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusG (Post 1381661)
Even the art on Street Fighter 3

The grudge was from Street Fighter 2--but let's don't go off topic now...you can pm me if you want to take this discussion further...

EmagEvil 2008-02-08 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCntry (Post 1380280)
They basically look and play the exact same, with a few minor changes between the two visually, they are for all intents and purposes the same game, just one is a licensed and one is a doujin.

Of course, F/F was created well before Capcom got their mits on it, but it is nice to see a licensed version out there drawing crowds.

Hay~~ :confused: ?! Did you two even played those 2 games to compare :eyebrow: ? I know someone who played the beta test of F/UC in Japan and he can guaranty that those two are really differents :rolleyes: ! Fatal/Fake lack a lot of punch in the gameplay while F/UC is really dynamic :cool: !

DarkCntry 2008-02-08 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmagEvil (Post 1387032)
Hay~~ :confused: ?! Did you two even played those 2 games to compare :eyebrow: ? I know someone who played the beta test of F/UC in Japan and he can guaranty that those two are really differents :rolleyes: ! Fatal/Fake lack a lot of punch in the gameplay while F/UC is really dynamic :cool: !

As with all fighting games it boils down to the same formula...Fatal/Fake would be the original Tekken and unlimited codes would be Tekken 4, if you want to take analogies.

There's nothing different overall between the two other than unlimited codes has a higher production value and has an official title, hell even the move layouts are pretty much the same.

I will admit that Fake is more about juggling than unlimited codes though.

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-18 10:03

Fate/Unlimited Codes
 
Can't find a similar thread, so here we go:

Another fighting game from Capcom, featuring Fate/Stay Night series.
http://www.dengekionline.com/news/20...21_fate_01.jpg

Old trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29737.html
Youtube link:


New trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30715.html
Youtube link:



Official site:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/fate_uc/

This is indeed a year of fighting game. There is a rumor that it'll be ported to PS2. Hope it'll be true. Game looks really interesting.

[edit]
Sorry, I forgot to check this section first. So we already had F/UC thread...

Topcowimagehitman21 2008-02-21 20:11

looks like a really good game, my only upset is they left some characters out but its' to be expected I can deal with the one's they gave us and besides I do have fatal fake.

edf91 2008-02-22 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topcowimagehitman21 (Post 1414391)
looks like a really good game, my only upset is they left some characters out but its' to be expected I can deal with the one's they gave us and besides I do have fatal fake.

When do they release a patch for Fatal Fake that has Rin and Shirou? Must be because I haven't check for so long :( From my understanding, Dark Sakura would be in the game as well.

Another "nice" thing about it is that it's fully voiced, so that will certainly give us a better feel, as I know I am kind of disappointed when I use Excalibur, I don't hear Saber yell it out :(

Be sure to watch the new trailer, as it show Archer's UBW move - it is interesting in the sense that you have to separately do the chant (one line at a time) before you can use UBW...

Was hoping for a PS3 port, although PS2 is ok as well...

shinobiknight0 2008-03-03 22:02

I hope they come out with a PC or PS3 port for the game. Looks pretty fun and less air juggly than Fatal Fake.

bullrogg 2008-03-12 23:00

id get it for my ps2...gives me another reason for me to keep it :P


SABAAHH!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.