AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Utawarerumono (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Utawarerumono Strategy-RPG translated! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=62289)

Aquillion 2008-02-12 17:32

Utawarerumono Strategy-RPG translated!
 
The Strategy-RPG based on Utawarerumono has been translated into English. You can get the translation patch for the game here, although you will still need to get the actual game to use it (several buylinks are provided on that page.)

Zaris 2008-02-12 22:32

Got it. Going to test it fully and see how well it goes.

EDIT: Initial comment: ARGH at how they translate names.

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-02-12 22:36

Awesome. Now I just have to buy the game, lol. :heh:

Keroko 2008-02-16 14:12

Hmm, those combo's cost a lot of points to unlock... are they worth it, or should I just pump everything in strength?

Klashikari 2008-02-16 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1403107)
Hmm, those combo's cost a lot of points to unlock... are they worth it, or should I just pump everything in strength?

Once you maxed out tech, if you time your combo well, the character unleash a ridiculous combo finisher, which can deal like the triple/quadruple of your base damage. Also, being able to max tech increase the combo hit, which refill the vit gauge quicker.

it really depends of your taste, but max tech are terribly sexy in term of damage, worth the trouble.

Sam the Onion 2008-02-16 14:27

They are also very easy to max. You should get them quickly up as you'll need them on the near last missions.

On normal I got them to max as fast as I could (Only to notice their purpose on the fourth last mission :eyespin:) and pumped attack and defense depending on characters.

And you shouldn't pump strenght on any other than maybe Eruruw and the archer boys as they don't need to be in the front lines. (They might get 2-hitted in the final mission thought :uhoh:) Also, Doriy pwns Guraa by a mile and there's no reason to have both.

Keroko 2008-02-16 15:21

Thanks. I've unlocked Eruruu's combo already (which was riduculously easy, just one skill was enough :heh:)

I'll most likely go for a decent at/def combi (I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2:1) as I hate my characters getting shot to pieces without a fight. And seeing how Eruruu has already been a lifesaver several times in the first few battles...

Keroko 2008-02-17 12:18

Pardon the double post, but what exactly is the difference between the CD and DVD version of the game? I know the PS2 version gets all sorts of goodies (like team attacks T_T) but what is the difference between the two PC versions?

Zaris 2008-02-17 13:32

Spoiler for game mechanics; don't click unless you want to exploit the glitches!:


The only noticable difference between the CD and DVD version is that the DVD comes with three additional difficulties in battle, whereas the CD, the medium for the game's first release, only had one difficulty setting. And I believe, two more CGs for the pedophile in you. :eyebrow:

Skyfall 2008-02-17 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1403207)
Thanks. I've unlocked Eruruu's combo already (which was riduculously easy, just one skill was enough :heh:)

I'll most likely go for a decent at/def combi (I was thinking somewhere along the lines of 2:1) as I hate my characters getting shot to pieces without a fight. And seeing how Eruruu has already been a lifesaver several times in the first few battles...

Thats the purpose of Eruruu - to be a lifesaver :) By the time i finished the game on normal she had 99 attack :heh: She doesn't really need anything else, definitely not on normal, and her defense is not worth leveling due to its ridiculous cost. There was no need for combo - she was healing everything to full hp easily.

Though if you plan to go 2:1 attack/defense for all characters, i feel thats a rather dangerous combination. I would say keeping both at balance works better, as some of the later mission mobs hit quite hard. Well, you probably can pull it off somewhat easily on normal though. Personally i went at about 2:1 ratio as well, but later down the road started to invest more in defense to narrow the gap between the two stats.

Mag defense is worthless indeed ... you don't have enough magic users in game to justify it. (and by not enough i mean it ..probably 15 or so units through whole game >.)

Keroko 2008-02-17 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaris (Post 1404772)
Spoiler for game mechanics; don't click unless you want to exploit the glitches!:


The only noticable difference between the CD and DVD version is that the DVD comes with three additional difficulties in battle, whereas the CD, the medium for the game's first release, only had one difficulty setting. And I believe, two more CGs for the pedophile in you. :eyebrow:

Eh, not so much interested in Loli scenes (heck, the hentai in Uta as a whole is pretty disapointing) I'd more happy with an 'adorable' scene anytime.

As for the AP mechanics... is it really damage based? I thought it was kill-based.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 1404790)
Thats the purpose of Eruruu - to be a lifesaver :) By the time i finished the game on normal she had 99 attack :heh: She doesn't really need anything else, definitely not on normal, and her defense is not worth leveling due to its ridiculous cost. There was no need for combo - she was healing everything to full hp easily.

Though if you plan to go 2:1 attack/defense for all characters, i feel thats a rather dangerous combination. I would say keeping both at balance works better, as some of the later mission mobs hit quite hard. Well, you probably can pull it off somewhat easily on normal though. Personally i went at about 2:1 ratio as well, but later down the road started to invest more in defense to narrow the gap between the two stats.

Mag defense is worthless indeed ... you don't have enough magic users in game to justify it. (and by not enough i mean it ..probably 15 or so units through whole game >.)

So I noticed, currently I'm heading more in the direction of a 3:2/4:3 build, depending on the character. I already unlocked Eruruu's combo, and you're right, if you know how to place her its more of a toy then a needed skill. Usually I already have her in place before the fighters start to fall below half health. Aruruu's combo is... disapointing. Does it do anything else except fail every time?

Mag defense, I never even paid atention to. Magic users are usually the first to die anyway, their AoE's make placing Eruruu troublesome work.

Currently powerleveling Touka by letting her butcher all the mobs in the game. I do so love the girl. <3

Klashikari 2008-02-17 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1404819)
Eh, not so much interested in Loli scenes (heck, the hentai in Uta as a whole is pretty disapointing) I'd more happy with an 'adorable' scene anytime.

I personally don't care much of the ero content of a VN, but in utawa case, it feel so awkward and ridiculous it is kinda worse than Nasu's ero writing... seriously, Hakuoro is probably one of the most ridiculous pimp i could ever see/read.
Quote:

As for the AP mechanics... is it really damage based? I thought it was kill-based.
The BP? It rather looks a mix of both. But actually, I noticed that the more you deal several hits, the better it is (for example, my Dorii was double hit everywhere but didn't kill more than 1 unit around mid game, and he got like 280-320 BP for that mission only). It is certainly not depending on kill.
Quote:

So I noticed, currently I'm heading more in the direction of a 3:2/4:3 build, depending on the character. I already unlocked Eruruu's combo, and you're right, if you know how to place her its more of a toy then a needed skill. Usually I already have her in place before the fighters start to fall below half health. Aruruu's combo is... disapointing. Does it do anything else except fail every time?
Fail? what do you mean?

I will try to test out aruuruu in hard mode, but in normal she was definitely not worthing a roster slot (heck, if you need a tank, Benawi is the sexy unit for that, along with strong atk rate and range attack)
Quote:

Mag defense, I never even paid atention to. Magic users are usually the first to die anyway, their AoE's make placing Eruruu troublesome work.
Just like what skyfall said: there are so few enemy spells users (as even the Onkamiyamukai units have rarely spells in their movesets) that it is negligeable. Meanwhile, you can have horrible mean punch (i could read that "mask" mission on hard mode is hell).
Quote:

Currently powerleveling Touka by letting her butcher all the mobs in the game. I do so love the girl. <3
Touka is definitely worthing the powerleveling. Consequently one of the best offensive and cookie cutter unit along with Oboro

Keroko 2008-02-17 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
I personally don't care much of the ero content of a VN, but in utawa case, it feel so awkward and ridiculous it is kinda worse than Nasu's ero writing... seriously, Hakuoro is probably one of the most ridiculous pimp i could ever see/read.

I know, I haven't unlocked all the ero-scenes yet, but so far every scene felt extremely out of place, except maybe Karura's, which was at least somewhat apropriate. Beyond that, it apeared mostly as if they had finished the game, and only afterwards thought '... oh yeah, we almost forgot the ero content'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
The BP? It rather looks a mix of both. But actually, I noticed that the more you deal several hits, the better it is (for example, my Dorii was double hit everywhere but didn't kill more than 1 unit around mid game, and he got like 280-320 BP for that mission only). It is certainly not depending on kill.

Hmm, that could be it. I'm currently having Touka on the forefront letting Touka finish almost every oponent, concidering the amount of hits its not surprising she ranked in a good 400 in the last fight. I do think finishing the oponents is take into the calculation as well, though. Oboro hit just as often, but never finished his oponents, and he got around 250, instead of Touka's 400.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
Fail? what do you mean?

Something I just found out, if you unlock Aruruu's final combo, but don't have that white creature, you can't use her final attack. (well, you can, but it won't do any damage)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
I will try to test out aruuruu in hard mode, but in normal she was definitely not worthing a roster slot (heck, if you need a tank, Benawi is the sexy unit for that, along with strong atk rate and range attack)

Aruruu only begins to do decent damage after you buy that white creature, before that her damage is neglectable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
Just like what skyfall said: there are so few enemy spells users (as even the Onkamiyamukai units have rarely spells in their movesets) that it is negligeable. Meanwhile, you can have horrible mean punch (i could read that "mask" mission on hard mode is hell).

I can't recall the last time I voluntarily used Urutori or Kamyu myself, either. :heh: Magic users in Uta are too constricted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1404838)
Touka is definitely worthing the powerleveling. Consequently one of the best offensive and cookie cutter unit along with Oboro

I mainly level her because I like her, though. That she is a great fighter is only a bonus. :D

Skyfall 2008-02-17 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1404974)
I can't recall the last time I voluntarily used Urutori or Kamyu myself, either. :heh: Magic users in Uta are too constricted.

Arguably bad choice there :) I didn't find much use for Urto, but Kamyu had earned a definite place as one of my "regulars". Unlike Urto her attack isn't that much of a pain to level and since her max tech is 2, you can start pulling her finisher quite early. And it does pretty good damage. Her spells are pretty good as well: she has decent AOE selection, and her final spell (darkness) is a rather handy thing, being the kamehameha it is, covering 3 square wide, 8 square long area in front of her.

Sam the Onion 2008-02-17 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1404974)
I know, I haven't unlocked all the ero-scenes yet, but so far every scene felt extremely out of place, except maybe Karura's, which was at least somewhat apropriate. Beyond that, it apeared mostly as if they had finished the game, and only afterwards thought '... oh yeah, we almost forgot the ero content'

They'll keep surprising you until you get used to the fact that whenever someting seems to be out of place, Hakuoro is going to get some :eyespin:



Quote:

Aruruu only begins to do decent damage after you buy that white creature, before that her damage is neglectable.
That's just for her combo attacks.



Quote:

I can't recall the last time I voluntarily used Urutori or Kamyu myself, either. :heh: Magic users in Uta are too constricted.
Personally, I love Kamyu.

After learning both rank 2 spells she gets the gimp ray that swipes everything in 3xUnlimited cone :eyespin:

Get ~90 attack by then and you'll be multikilling pretty much everything.



Quote:

I mainly level her because I like her, though. That she is a great fighter is only a bonus. :D
Exactly :D

Who cares even if Touka was a bad fighter. She's one of the best characters in the game.

Lynx190 2008-02-17 15:57

From what I can tell, you get more BP for killing enemies multiple levels above the character, 20 for 2 level difference, 30 for 3 level difference, etc. I'm not exactly sure how the finishing hits modify it; I didn't raise anyone's tech for a long time so I was only finishing enemies with more than one hit when the special gauge was filled, by my calculations it seemed to double the base BP then. Once it gets into regular combos then it just became too hard to calculate.

If I had known just how the BP system worked, I would have raised tech on my characters earlier to earn more BP in the long run (in particular, if I realized the twins only needed 1 upgrade to max, I would have done it ASAP); the problem is that damage-wise, tech is a waste of BP for anything less than max (lvl 2 is worthwhile once attack is high enough, but all hits after the second are far too weak), and maxing it takes a ridiculous amount for Hakuoro and Oboro... it's just too important to buff Hakuoro's defense for keeping him alive to be able to save up 1500 BP for maxing his tech (and you'd still need attack raised in order to accomplish anything with his increased tech)

Also I started right out with Hard 3; do all difficulties get 150 base BP per batle before kills are added, or do you get more on easier difficulties (which would certainly make it easier to raise tech early on)?

I wish the PC version allowed you to use more characters like the PS2 version, I have a hard time picking which characters to use. As soon as I started getting a choice, I quit using Guraa since he's totally inferior to Dorii, but other than that I ended up always rotating characters. Now late in the game I don't bother with Urtorii or Kamyu at all, they're just too hard to use effectively with not being allowed to move before magic, their damage is too weak with their expensive attack stat (obviously to balance out them having AoE, but on higher difficulties it's too important to wipe out a few enemies fast to even the odds rather than damaging lots of them), and using them gives me an extra weak character to protect while costing me an additional melee character to protect them.

Touka is crazy good, especially because she starts with so much defense and magic defense; she just runs around annihilating enemies while being virtually ignored, unlike Karura who dies so fast (and gets slow turns). Karura is supposed to be totally overpowered, but when her defense is so low I don't see how she can actually "solo the entire map". I've been using Oboro more than Karura late in the game actually, I'd rather have his far superior turn speed than enemies getting in two turns to Karura's one. Of course the huge advantage Karura and Touka have is the damage boost they get from being near Hakuoro, which lets them easily beat any of your male characters in damage.

Keroko 2008-02-17 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 1404985)
Arguably bad choice there :) I didn't find much use for Urto, but Kamyu had earned a definite place as one of my "regulars". Unlike Urto her attack isn't that much of a pain to level and since her max tech is 2, you can start pulling her finisher quite early. And it does pretty good damage. Her spells are pretty good as well: she has decent AOE selection, and her final spell (darkness) is a rather handy thing, being the kamehameha it is, covering 3 square wide, 8 square long area in front of her.

I find the not being allowed to move before casting rule a huge constraint, it has actually messed up quite a few strategies in the missions where you had to use them. You finally have them positioned propperly for max damage, and either you whipe away the enemy while the girls 'recharge' or the enemy moves away.

It's a matter of tactics, really. My characters move all the time, unless they're pinned. If they're pinned, its in melee and only for one turn max (well, maybe more in case of a boss) having casters that need time to charge their attacks simply doesn't go well with my tactics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam the Onion (Post 1404994)
They'll keep surprising you until you get used to the fact that whenever someting seems to be out of place, Hakuoro is going to get some :eyespin:

scary thing is, I've already gotten used to it. :heh: Kamyu's scene didn't even phase me, apart from me slapping my forehead and skipping the entire scene.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam the Onion (Post 1404994)
That's just for her combo attacks.

I know, but her combo damage was quite pathetic before you got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam the Onion (Post 1404994)
Exactly :D

Who cares even if Touka was a bad fighter. She's one of the best characters in the game.

One of the biggest surprises when comparing the game and the anime was the difference in the bridge fight. Where the anime was dead serious, the game is pure comedy. I couldn't stop laughing at Touka's antics that had Oboro and Kurou going '... is this what ave us so much trouble?'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx190 (Post 1405053)
From what I can tell, you get more BP for killing enemies multiple levels above the character, 20 for 2 level difference, 30 for 3 level difference, etc. I'm not exactly sure how the finishing hits modify it; I didn't raise anyone's tech for a long time so I was only finishing enemies with more than one hit when the special gauge was filled, by my calculations it seemed to double the base BP then. Once it gets into regular combos then it just became too hard to calculate.

I see, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx190 (Post 1405053)
If I had known just how the BP system worked, I would have raised tech on my characters earlier to earn more BP in the long run (in particular, if I realized the twins only needed 1 upgrade to max, I would have done it ASAP); the problem is that damage-wise, tech is a waste of BP for anything less than max (lvl 2 is worthwhile once attack is high enough, but all hits after the second are far too weak), and maxing it takes a ridiculous amount for Hakuoro and Oboro... it's just too important to buff Hakuoro's defense for keeping him alive to be able to save up 1500 BP for maxing his tech (and you'd still need attack raised in order to accomplish anything with his increased tech)

I always keep Hakuoro in the rear support anyway. Oboro is good once you get him maxed, his speed allows him to hit and run rear supporting archers and casters, and with max-tech he can one-shot most mobs where I'm at (Yue's castle)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx190 (Post 1405053)
Also I started right out with Hard 3; do all difficulties get 150 base BP per batle before kills are added, or do you get more on easier difficulties (which would certainly make it easier to raise tech early on)?

Normal also has base 150.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx190 (Post 1405053)
I wish the PC version allowed you to use more characters like the PS2 version, I have a hard time picking which characters to use. As soon as I started getting a choice, I quit using Guraa since he's totally inferior to Dorii, but other than that I ended up always rotating characters. Now late in the game I don't bother with Urtorii or Kamyu at all, they're just too hard to use effectively with not being allowed to move before magic, their damage is too weak with their expensive attack stat (obviously to balance out them having AoE, but on higher difficulties it's too important to wipe out a few enemies fast to even the odds rather than damaging lots of them), and using them gives me an extra weak character to protect while costing me an additional melee character to protect them.

While I love the characters, I haven't used the twins since my melee team got boosted to oblivion. I'm now pure melee, barring the small range Benawi and Kurou give, and I'm doing fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynx190 (Post 1405053)
Touka is crazy good, especially because she starts with so much defense and magic defense; she just runs around annihilating enemies while being virtually ignored, unlike Karura who dies so fast (and gets slow turns). Karura is supposed to be totally overpowered, but when her defense is so low I don't see how she can actually "solo the entire map". I've been using Oboro more than Karura late in the game actually, I'd rather have his far superior turn speed than enemies getting in two turns to Karura's one. Of course the huge advantage Karura and Touka have is the damage boost they get from being near Hakuoro, which lets them easily beat any of your male characters in damage.

I actually cleared the level before Yue's castle with Touka alone. :heh: Took a lot of time, but I want her skills as high as possible as fast as possible.

And Touka and Karura get a damage boost? :twitch: I didn't know that.

Mose 2008-02-17 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko
I wish the PC version allowed you to use more characters like the PS2 version

Hold shift while selecting characters and you get all of them to fight. In some battles some characters are outside the battlefield so you can't use them, but they still get BP.Don't know if this happens in some other battles, but at least in one battle another character spawns in eruruws starting spot so you lose her and the battle is almost impossible with hard 3 without eruruw. Also it causes game to crash in one battle. I don't know if its only with my comp, but it always crashed in that battle if I tried to pick all characters, but picking everyone except one didn't result in a crash.

Skyfall 2008-02-17 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1405106)
I find the not being allowed to move before casting rule a huge constraint, it has actually messed up quite a few strategies in the missions where you had to use them. You finally have them positioned propperly for max damage, and either you whipe away the enemy while the girls 'recharge' or the enemy moves away.

It's a matter of tactics, really. My characters move all the time, unless they're pinned. If they're pinned, its in melee and only for one turn max (well, maybe more in case of a boss) having casters that need time to charge their attacks simply doesn't go well with my tactics.

I can see what you mean :) But your tactics will change a bit in hard mode ..in normal i also used to run all over the place, but in hard it requires you to have a rather solid formation ... you don't want your characters surrounded, trust me. And the AI smartens up as well: if you leave Eruruu within whacking range, be sure she will get some spanking. All the more reason to keep your formation relatively without holes :)


Quote:

scary thing is, I've already gotten used to it. :heh: Kamyu's scene didn't even phase me, apart from me slapping my forehead and skipping the entire scene.
If you noticed my post in the other game discussion thread, the H scenes were my main complaint. I have nothing against them generally, but dear lord - the ones in Utawa are scarily pointless and dumb. Doesn't affect anyone any way and no relationship developments come from it. Eruruu would have gone yandere by the end of the story if the writer would have actually bothered to think about any impact sleeping around with everyone might have, instead of only inserting the scenes when the rest of the story seems to have been finished already.

Quote:

I know, but her combo damage was quite pathetic before you got it.
Aruruu is a tank, not a damage dealer :)


Quote:

One of the biggest surprises when comparing the game and the anime was the difference in the bridge fight. Where the anime was dead serious, the game is pure comedy. I couldn't stop laughing at Touka's antics that had Oboro and Kurou going '... is this what ave us so much trouble?'
For what it is worth, i would say the anime did a good job on improving the otherwise less than impressive game of Utawa. (not related to the scene in question, but in general in terms of explanations, pacing and battle/peace balance). I find the anime superior in every aspect. (i could wish for better animation, but heh - thats another kettle of fish).

Sam the Onion 2008-02-17 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 1405106)
I find the not being allowed to move before casting rule a huge constraint, it has actually messed up quite a few strategies in the missions where you had to use them. You finally have them positioned propperly for max damage, and either you whipe away the enemy while the girls 'recharge' or the enemy moves away.

It's a matter of tactics, really. My characters move all the time, unless they're pinned. If they're pinned, its in melee and only for one turn max (well, maybe more in case of a boss) having casters that need time to charge their attacks simply doesn't go well with my tactics.

In most missions that are actually challenging. ('Mask' for example.) It's much better to flank them and kill them off one-by-one. In these situations, casters long range and non-direct attacks are useful.

But yeah, the move or cast rule is pretty bad :(



Quote:

scary thing is, I've already gotten used to it. :heh: Kamyu's scene didn't even phase me, apart from me slapping my forehead and skipping the entire scene.
Glad they're short :heh:


Quote:

One of the biggest surprises when comparing the game and the anime was the difference in the bridge fight. Where the anime was dead serious, the game is pure comedy. I couldn't stop laughing at Touka's antics that had Oboro and Kurou going '... is this what ave us so much trouble?'
You better not skip her H-scene :naughty:


Quote:

I always keep Hakuoro in the rear support anyway. Oboro is good once you get him maxed, his speed allows him to hit and run rear supporting archers and casters, and with max-tech he can one-shot most mobs where I'm at (Yue's castle)
I never really liked Oboro. When the game didn't force him to you, I found him overperformed by many other characters.


Quote:

While I love the characters, I haven't used the twins since my melee team got boosted to oblivion. I'm now pure melee, barring the small range Benawi and Kurou give, and I'm doing fine.
I always had Doriy with me. After boosting his attack to 99 he ended up 1-hitting a boss with his finisher combo.

The great thing about those archer boys and caster girls is that they have very little need for defence. Max tech as quick as possible and slam the rest to attack.


Quote:

And Touka and Karura get a damage boost? :twitch: I didn't know that.
I guess it's the power of affection :heh:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mose (Post 1405112)
Hold shift while selecting characters and you get all of them to fight. In some battles some characters are outside the battlefield so you can't use them, but they still get BP.Don't know if this happens in some other battles, but at least in one battle another character spawns in eruruws starting spot so you lose her and the battle is almost impossible with hard 3 without eruruw. Also it causes game to crash in one battle. I don't know if its only with my comp, but it always crashed in that battle if I tried to pick all characters, but picking everyone except one didn't result in a crash.

:nono: Cheating, bad


Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 1405136)
I can see what you mean :) But your tactics will change a bit in hard mode ..in normal i also used to run all over the place, but in hard it requires you to have a rather solid formation ... you don't want your characters surrounded, trust me. And the AI smartens up as well: if you leave Eruruu within whacking range, be sure she will get some spanking. All the more reason to keep your formation relatively without holes :)

Normal is like a test ride that you'll pass without trying.

Strangely enough I found every single hard 2 level enemy run straight towards Hakuoro and ignore everybody else even if they were on their attack range :twitch:


Quote:

If you noticed my post in the other game discussion thread, the H scenes were my main complaint. I have nothing against them generally, but dear lord - the ones in Utawa are scarily pointless and dumb. Doesn't affect anyone any way and no relationship developments come from it. Eruruu would have gone yandere by the end of the story if the writer would have actually bothered to think about any impact sleeping around with everyone might have, instead of only inserting the scenes when the rest of the story seems to have been finished already.
Sells better and gives another reason for plotted VN RPG-game. They would have done much better to add a route for each main girl. Different endings would be accepted as well. I'm a sucker for good ends :p

I actually thought at one point that I was going for the Yuzuha ending before Hakuoro started banging everyone of the cast :heh:


Quote:

For what it is worth, i would say the anime did a good job on improving the otherwise less than impressive game of Utawa. (not related to the scene in question, but in general in terms of explanations, pacing and battle/peace balance). I find the anime superior in every aspect. (i could wish for better animation, but heh - thats another kettle of fish).
The anime did leave some things in the air. Like Kamiy going vampire. But otherwise, the anime is better in almost every aspect.

Glad they made OVA's of the 'Oboro barrier' and Touka doll scenes :D My favorites in the entire game. Althought the Touka scene did end half way through and you ended up feeling so bad for her :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.