AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=62745)

Klashikari 2008-02-22 18:37

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Episode 20.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
note: Poll is closed until the episode airs in Japan, for obvious reasons.
  • Episode 20 will be broadcasted this 23rd february at 6:00 PM (Japan Time Zone),
    which means this 23rd february at 9:00AM (GMT 00).

Mister Mister 2008-02-22 19:26

Can't wait to see what happens. Also, I'm happy because conclave-Mendoi seems to be getting faster at subbing.

Nu Gundam 2008-02-22 19:35

I'm curious to see how the GN-X fares......Hopefully a good episode

Tkpenalty 2008-02-22 20:47

cant wait cant wait!!!

Its painful waiting for the next ep of 00....

Anavel 2008-02-22 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1416372)
Can't wait to see what happens. Also, I'm happy because conclave-Mendoi seems to be getting faster at subbing.

Faster? I dropped them because they were taking three weeks to release an episode. :mad:

Papaya 2008-02-22 21:03

I really hate the GN-X design. It doesn't look like it belongs in a Gundam series. I hope the sides develop their own GN drive MS eventually.

Zeta Gundam 2008-02-22 21:08

What constitutes something that does look like it belongs in a Gundam series?

More copy pasta suit designs?

SoldierOfDarkness 2008-02-22 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1416508)
I really hate the GN-X design. It doesn't look like it belongs in a Gundam series. I hope the sides develop their own GN drive MS eventually.

I'm sorry but since where was there ever a guideline to what MS in Gundam series should look like?

EXEs 2008-02-22 21:31

Hey Papaya, design one yourself, if the new ones are really such an eyesore for you. G00's designs just look more unique. And Conclave Mendoi were fast in their early days, 2 days. Now they take much longer for unknown reasons.

Papaya 2008-02-22 21:44

What constitutes a good Gundam 00 design is something that looks like it belongs in the universe.

LOL@QQ just because someone has a negative opinion of a minor thing.

SoldierOfDarkness 2008-02-22 22:28

Last I checked the people involved in designing the gundams aren't 20 years old nor they do any of them go by the name of Papaya so I don't see how you can determine what constitutes a good gundam 00 design.

Basically it's just your own opinion.

LightningZERO 2008-02-22 22:40

Let's see how powerful the GN-X is!

tarachi 2008-02-22 23:00

Wow guys, Papaya just gave an opinion and you attacked him. I myself don't like the design that I feel it would be much better if the 3 blocs integrate the GN Drives to their current MS designs instead.

SoldierOfDarkness 2008-02-22 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarachi (Post 1416741)
Wow guys, Papaya just gave an opinion and you attacked him. I myself don't like the design that I feel it would be much better if the 3 blocs integrate the GN Drives to their current MS designs instead.

I'm not sure "What constitutes a good Gundam 00 design is something that looks like it belongs in the universe." is an opinion. (Afterall it's the director and designers that come up with them because that's what they want in the show) We were asking him how it doesn't fit in the universe.

You also realize that since the GN drive is completely foreign to the 3 blocs it would be near to impossible to even integrate or make it compatible with the suits that they use.

They would have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something new that would be able to make use of the Driver and the energy.

Quote:

Let's see how powerful the GN-X is!
I'm more curious as to who the pilots are going to be.

LoweGear 2008-02-22 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anavel (Post 1416503)
Faster? I dropped them because they were taking three weeks to release an episode. :mad:

You do know they've taken longer in their last couple of episodes due to two factors:

1. One of their staff fell ill
2. Winny related arrests in Japan, making it harder and longer to get the good quality subs they've been using.

And actually, while they've taken a week longer than usual to release, recently they've been picking up steam (they released 19 this thursday).

@ Good MS design:

How can you say a MS design "belongs" in a universe anyway? Maybe if you have nuclear organically designed Gundams from the 30th century in a steampunk gears and pinions mecha universe for example THAT'd be out of place. However, being out of place =/= good design. It may not belong due to its design, but one should always judge a design by it's own merit, rather than how it stacks up to its peers.

Besides, the GN-X doesn't even look out of place in 00, if the rumors of it having AEU influences is true, and the AEU is known for their organic aesthetics compared to the Union or HRL. Maybe the X-eyes are radical departures from the norm, but then again haven't we all been wanting something new in MS design for years?

Kaioshin Sama 2008-02-22 23:21

Are we talking about the thing that looks like a Freeza Transformation?

Tkpenalty 2008-02-22 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1416766)
You do know they've taken longer in their last couple of episodes due to two factors:

1. One of their staff fell ill
2. Winny related arrests in Japan, making it harder and longer to get the good quality subs they've been using.

And actually, while they've taken a week longer than usual to release, recently they've been picking up steam (they released 19 this thursday).

@ Good MS design:

How can you say a MS design "belongs" in a universe anyway? Maybe if you have nuclear organically designed Gundams from the 30th century in a steampunk gears and pinions mecha universe for example THAT'd be out of place. However, being out of place =/= good design. It may not belong due to its design, but one should always judge a design by it's own merit, rather than how it stacks up to its peers.

Besides, the GN-X doesn't even look out of place in 00, if the rumors of it having AEU influences is true, and the AEU is known for their organic aesthetics compared to the Union or HRL. Maybe the X-eyes are radical departures from the norm, but then again haven't we all been wanting something new in MS design for years?

The GN-X is HRL.

In my opinion its good that its NOT completely "traditional" gundam, the body design of it is different, yes I have to agree, if you say that, what about the enact/flags?

Example, shoulders, the thighs, the way the wings extend, the torso.... all of which dont look like anything from the older gundam series.

The GN Tau do not have a perpetual motion ring that the real GN drives have... thats why the GN Tau do not have an unlimited output time. We have yet to see a tau drive completely run out of power then come crashing down to earth. Probably tieria will end up saving the day at the end of this season... with the trial mode.

This ep is going to be interesting >=D

LoweGear 2008-02-22 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkpenalty (Post 1416787)
The GN-X is HRL.

We know the HRL uses them yes. BUT the spoilers so far seem to indicate that all the powers get the GN-X along with the GN Drives, so it can't be HRL-only. Also, I did say specifically "rumors of it having AEU influences", I am saying it is unconfirmed, and would be clarified in time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tkpenalty
The GN Tau do not have a perpetual motion ring that the real GN drives have... thats why the GN Tau do not have an unlimited output time.

The explanation for the GN Drive Tau's defects as provided by Ian Vasty in 17 is that they lack a "TD Blanket", no one's ever mentioned anything about a "perpetual motion ring" in any official source.

Mister Mister 2008-02-22 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1416810)
The explanation for the GN Drive Tau's defects as provided by Ian Vasty in 17 is that they lack a "TD Blanket", no one's ever mentioned anything about a "perpetual motion ring" in any official source.

i'm guessing a shoddy translation is what he's talking about.

kyoulover 2008-02-23 00:08

Can't really wait for this one ^^;;

hmm...it's today when the RAW ver will come out isn't ^^


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.