AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   google got bought? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=649)

SirJeannot 2003-11-10 06:58

google got bought?
 
wth is that ...
one friend told me about that this morning ... anyone has information about it?

Tomomi 2003-11-10 07:13

Nope... So weird... Who in the world wants to own Google? Not as if they can earn from it. Google is just a search machine... :twitch:

Or does Google have other special functions? Hmm...

SirJeannot 2003-11-10 07:29

i was thinking about their valuable database ;)

Animaniac 2003-11-10 07:36

It was rumored that Microsoft was talking with Google about a buy out (since Google's doing their IPO soon). But they didn't have a deal. Microsoft wants to control everything. They're going to integrate a search enging into their next version of Windows and do what they did to Netscape to Google.

Tomomi 2003-11-10 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animaniac
It was rumored that Microsoft was talking with Google about a buy out (since Google's doing their IPO soon). But they didn't have a deal. Microsoft wants to control everything. They're going to integrate a search enging into their next version of Windows and do what they did to Netscape to Google.

Oh... So what's IPO?

[^_^x] 2003-11-10 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomomi
Nope... So weird... Who in the world wants to own Google? Not as if they can earn from it. Google is just a search machine... :twitch:

Or does Google have other special functions? Hmm...

Google can used to find people. ^^ Google makes its money thru ads as do most sites.

NightWish 2003-11-10 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomomi
Oh... So what's IPO?

The IPO (Initial Public Offering) is the initial sale of stock by a company... It is basically where they go from being privately owned by an individual or group to being publicly owned by lots of independent shareholders.

BME 2003-11-10 09:39

Seems more like Google is moving away from Microsoft, now you don't even need to have your browser open, CNN has the details http://edition.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biz....ap/index.html

p3psi 2003-11-10 11:23

I thought yahoo already owned google, cuz what ever search you plug into either, they pop out the same exact results in the exact order

SirJeannot 2003-11-10 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3psi
I thought yahoo already owned google, cuz what ever search you plug into either, they pop out the same exact results in the exact order

yahoo has been using google for quite a while now ;)

Breogan 2003-11-10 12:40

They make money from those small adds that appear in the right of your browser when you do a search (I think they call them Ad-Words or something like that)

It would be quite funny to see MS trying to move the thousands of Linux servers that Google uses to Windows ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.