AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68126)

Pellissier 2008-06-30 00:03

Soul Eater - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Zoe 2008-06-30 04:30

Significant cuts to this episode to make both chapters fit :(

Free really surprised me. I didn't remember him being so silly in the manga.

Spoiler for Next week:

Clarste 2008-06-30 06:09

Spoiler:

Deathkillz 2008-06-30 10:17

Spoiler:

lmd_84 2008-06-30 11:45

Spoiler:

DJ_RockmanX 2008-06-30 14:15

Spoiler for They cut out so much...:

Zoe 2008-06-30 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1690997)

These two T_T

lmd_84 2008-06-30 14:44

'Argh' at the
Spoiler:

FlareKnight 2008-06-30 15:22

Spoiler for Ep13:

White Manju Bun 2008-06-30 16:57

Cuz I cant help reading the spoilers :heh: but Im confused on one part that everyone says is missing from this epi...

Spoiler for stuff cut from 13:

The Real Nemo 2008-06-30 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 1691294)
Cuz I cant help reading the spoilers :heh: but Im confused on one part that everyone says is missing from this epi...

Spoiler for stuff cut from 13:

Spoiler:

v1cious 2008-06-30 18:36

damn, i knew they were gonna cut things, but THAT much? not only did they get rid all of the stuff with Soul and Maka, but they pretty much cut the entire fight with Free down to one scene. man i don't even wanna think about what they're gonna do to
Spoiler:

FlareKnight 2008-06-30 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real Nemo (Post 1691343)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Zoe 2008-06-30 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 1691466)
damn, i knew they were gonna cut things, but THAT much? not only did they get rid all of the stuff with Soul and Maka, but they pretty much cut the entire fight with Free down to one scene. man i don't even wanna think about what they're gonna do to

Depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks, I don't think it will be that much of a problem. My theory is they pushed this episode so that the next one would fall right in with the new season.

Chase 2008-06-30 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX (Post 1690997)

Quote:

Spoiler:

Man thats kind of depressing to hear:upset:(yes, i havent read the manga and like to watch the anime first to avoid these type of situations, then read the manga after the show is done. The only manga i read that runs at the same time as the anime show is BLEACH.)

The Real Nemo 2008-06-30 19:16

Quote:

Spoiler:

It depends on how often they're going to decide to put two manga chapters into one episode in the future, it looks like the next ep will be back to the one chapter format. Anyway I don't think the cuts were really that bad a thing in the case, it would have felt too stretched out if they'd used two eps IMO.

terrus 2008-06-30 19:44

I expect
Spoiler for manga chapters 14 and 15:

ellifeedn 2008-06-30 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1691534)
Depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks, I don't think it will be that much of a problem. My theory is they pushed this episode so that the next one would fall right in with the new season.

I was thinking that episode 14 (adapted from chapter 12) would be the end of the first cour, and that episode 25 (which I think will be adapted from chapter 23) would be the end of the second cour. But it all depends on how long a cour for this series is (which can range from 12-14 episodes).

Dann of Thursday 2008-06-30 20:30

Haven't watched the episode yet, but I am disappointed that they cut out the things that were listed earlier. Free was both a silly character and a bad ass one if I remember correctly (I haven't read those chapters in a while).

Next episode is one I wanted to see get animated if only for a good laugh.

Zoe 2008-06-30 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 1691692)
I was thinking that episode 14 (adapted from chapter 12) would be the end of the first cour, and that episode 25 (which I think will be adapted from chapter 23) would be the end of the second cour. But it all depends on how long a cour for this series is (which can range from 12-14 episodes).

The normal season is 13 weeks long. All of the new anime series are starting from tomorrow, and the new ending will be in next week's episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrus (Post 1691608)
I expect ...

Hmm... I think they'll cut that altogether. There's no way the anime will make it to the resolution of that arc without some restructuring or original material.