AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Translations offered for Japanese songs/Music Videos (concept) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6837)

Tofusensei 2004-02-06 19:56

Translations offered for Japanese songs/Music Videos (concept)

Hi,

I had this idea today and I was wondering if people would actually use it. Basically I want to open up an irc channel or something where people can go with japanese songs & music videos that they would like translated where they can have it done by me or any other translator who would be interested in helping. I think of it as an interesting way to experience new stuff without taking too much of a time commitment, and a good way to keep from getting burned out/bored! (^o^)/

So anyway, would people be interested in such a thing? O_O;;

-Tofu

Lucier 2004-02-06 20:02

only if it's #tofu-tastes-like-chicken =D

tho u'd just put out .txt files with TLS?
sounds okay

GipFace 2004-02-06 20:02

Err ...

I think of it as an interesting way to experience new stuff without taking too much of a time commitment, and a good way to keep from getting burned out/bored!

Are you sure about that? There are hundreds of I've songs D:

But I think it's a neat idea. Not too sure about the burned out part, though.

Dorfl 2004-02-06 20:58

I dunno, I have a pretty good understanding of Japanese, I wouldn't really need such a channel. However if it was CHINESE, that would be interesting. Seeing as I have about 100 chinese songs and I don't understand a single word....:heh: But that isn't really what the thread is about, is it?

brood-faun 2004-02-06 21:02

I think it is great idea. After all, opening/ending theme are the hardest part of the translation IMO.

zalas 2004-02-06 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by brood-faun
I think it is great idea. After all, opening/ending theme are the hardest part of the translation IMO.

Yes, many groups get the lyrics wrong and/or rush through the translations, making the English lines look like crap. However, I do agree it is harder to create poetic sounding and correct translations for songs than for dialog.

Kamui- 2004-02-07 02:15

#Kuraki-Fans@irc.mircx.com does pretty much anything they are interrested imo, from jap to kor to chinese. And we get some translators from fansub group to help or just public ones @ animelyrics.com would work too if we don't have the translation of it. So anyone who has something contribute are welcome.

zalas 2004-02-07 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui-
#Kuraki-Fans@irc.mircx.com does pretty much anything they are interrested imo, from jap to kor to chinese. And we get some translators from fansub group to help or just public ones @ animelyrics.com would work too if we don't have the translation of it. So anyone who has something contribute are welcome.

Be aware that a lot of the public ones on animelyrics are wrong both in transliteration and in translation.

Kasshin 2004-02-07 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
Be aware that a lot of the public ones on animelyrics are wrong both in transliteration and in translation.

Yeah... we noticed. :heh: