AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Detective Conan/ Case Closed (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68555)

williamaugustus 2008-07-09 12:33

Detective Conan/ Case Closed
 
This is a great manga (in my opinion). it is about a highschool detective who messes with the wrong people and ends up turning into a little six year old boy. he still solves mysteries and is after the people who caused his change.

in this thread we can discuss speculations, characters, etc.

williamaugustus 2008-07-09 12:44

i have a few speculations about his series.

First
Spoiler for speculation #1:

Second
Spoiler for speculation #2:


my favorite characters are Ran and Ai.

LeaD36 2008-07-09 13:40

ai definitely owns, but rans not bad, another one of my favs is shinichis mom xd (with long hair ofc)

Von Himmel 2012-04-09 23:46

I still keep up with it and I agree that the plot is currently developing unlike the past hundred chapters or so.
Spoiler:

poisui 2012-04-10 00:00

Yay. Someone responded. Let's be friends. 8D

Spoiler for spoiler = spoiler:

cyberdemon 2012-04-10 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisui (Post 4099652)
Yay. Someone responded. Let's be friends. 8D

Spoiler for spoiler = spoiler:

here's a thought I've been having about Bourbon

Spoiler for Bourbon:

Von Himmel 2012-04-10 05:31

^
Anyone remember about what Ai said in volume 19-20 ? IIRC, she said something along the line that Shinichi was already somehow involved in BO's plan right before he was born. If you look at it that way, then maybe some plots about Shinichi's family trouble might not be so far off...

Then again, I don't know whether remembering someone from that long time ago will instill some memories about her face when he met her.

Quote:

We know Bourbon hates Akai but not necessarily why.
Wait..where do this come from? :heh:

Valky 2012-04-10 12:56

I've already given up on this series, to be honest. It's taking too long without any actual progress about the organization, so it bored me.

Last time I read it was volume 69 or 70, I think. I might read again when it's finished, although god knows when.

poisui 2012-04-10 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 4100012)
Wait..where do this come from? :heh:

Spoiler for spoiler = spoiler:

lightbringer 2012-04-10 14:47

Wow, Detective Conan is one of the longest running manga and the only thread we have on it is not even two pages long?

I've been following it for years now, but, to be honest, the regular cases do not interest me anymore at this point - at all. I just skim over the chapters without reading them, simply looking for anything related to Shinichi's relationship with Ran, any BO stuff, any Kaito Kid stuff, or any plot-related dialogue with Ai. It's a shame, really, since the BO parts are really well done. Clash of Red and Black was my favorite arc by far, followed by the showdown with Vermouth during the ghost ship masquerade.

There are many theories as to who Akai/Okita are, and I'm not 100% convinced that Bourbon has to be one of those people who picked up the phone (could be the author trolling us), but personally I'm more interested in who the big boss of the organization is. We already know it's a character that appeared before, and I'm willing to bet that it's someone who appeared fairly early on (because Detective Conan wasn't meant to run for more than a few volumes to begin with)... but I have no clue who it is.

Neki Ecko 2012-04-10 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valky (Post 4100587)
I've already given up on this series, to be honest. It's taking too long without any actual progress about the organization, so it bored me.

Last time I read it was volume 69 or 70, I think. I might read again when it's finished, although god knows when.

Ditto on that, they will be about at 1000 by end of this year or next year. Is this is the record for the long manga series or somebody else.

lightbringer 2012-04-10 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neki Ecko (Post 4100775)
Ditto on that, they will be about at 1000 by end of this year or next year. Is this is the record for the long manga series or somebody else.

Not even close. Kochikame is over 1700 chapters now, Golgo 13 has been running for 42 (!) years, while Detective Conan does not even make the top 20 longest running series.

Athena 2012-04-10 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbringer (Post 4100831)
Not even close. Kochikame is over 1700 chapters now, Golgo 13 has been running for 42 (!) years, while Detective Conan does not even make the top 20 longest running series.

But compared to the series today and its average, it sure feels old...

Phantom-Miria 2012-04-11 02:53

we should know more about amuro tooru past and the true reason for wataru dati death

i'm not sure about this but, my theory is the reason that bourbon hate akai too much even more than jin , so maybe akai killed dati For some mysterious reason that why gets amuro angry ..


GDB 2012-04-14 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightbringer (Post 4100767)
Wow, Detective Conan is one of the longest running manga and the only thread we have on it is not even two pages long?

Because it's so long, most people who want to talk about it go to fansub forum or other specialized sites.

cyberdemon 2012-04-15 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisui (Post 4107679)
Chapter 814. Sera is in tears. T_T

Spoiler for 814:

Spoiler for Sera:

Von Himmel 2012-04-15 01:49

..He should've been more careful when talked as Shinchi on the phone *facepalm

Then again, it's hard to keep things secret when there are 3 persons who had almost the same level of deduction ability as Shinichi :heh:

On another note, ch 813 is out in dctp :( Seems like that they're quite late compared to the latest raw :heh:

Mahou 2012-04-15 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 4108488)
..He should've been more careful when talked as Shinchi on the phone *facepalm

Then again, it's hard to keep things secret when there are 3 persons who had almost the same level of deduction ability as Shinichi :heh:

On another note, ch 813 is out in dctp :( Seems like that they're quite late compared to the latest raw :heh:

Furthermore, recently he doesn't even bother to hide himself when talking through the voice-changer. You see him mostly standing with the back to the audience, but somehow nobody has wondered before what he has been doing :heh:
Maybe, this will change from now on with Okiya's statement in order to spice things (more) up.

RRW 2012-04-15 19:52

posted here because DCTP having meltdown

Conan need to be more carefully next time if he doesn't want to blown his cover

leokiko 2012-04-16 00:02

Posting here because the Bourbon arc, that has been going on for 5 years, is finally at the beggining of the end.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.