AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Kodomo no Omocha (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6934)

aaronjordan 2004-02-08 02:47

Kodomo no Omocha
 
I was just wondering: Why has Kodomo no Omocha, which will hence forth be known as Kodocha for the sake of time, stopped being fan subbed? Has it been licensed? If so by whom, and when? I want it sooooooo bad. I can't wait for it hit the states, but until then, I need my fix. Thx! So please, any kind hearted soul and/or fan subber :help: me! Thx again!

Spooky-Electric 2004-02-08 03:05

It hasn't been licensed, and I don't know if it will be. I think it's pretty old.

I also have no idea why there doesn't seem to be fansubs for episodes 33-37, and after episode 38.

I can't imagine how this series could be 102 episodes long, but I guess it is.

Wandering_Youth 2004-02-08 04:51

Jordan I suggest you read the forum rules next time.

Lambda 2004-02-08 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
It hasn't been licensed, and I don't know if it will be. I think it's pretty old.

It's not that old, I think it's about 1996. The real issue with licensing is the large number of cultural references and the problem of getting someone who can talk fast enough to dub Sana. For 102 episodes. And the length.

kuru 2004-02-08 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambda
It's not that old, I think it's about 1996. The real issue with licensing is the large number of cultural references and the problem of getting someone who can talk fast enough to dub Sana. For 102 episodes. And the length.

According to some industry comments in AnimeonDVD forum in the past, the real problem is how much Sony is asking for the series besides other demands.

About the age factor... do people know how old Dragonball was when it was licensed ?

marin 2004-02-08 09:18

I'm not sure this series has so much stopped as is not progressing at a very fast pace.

Someone has to buy the DVDs, you know, and I'm sure even they can only afford so much so fast...

aaronjordan 2004-02-09 03:37

Thx to all who helped. As for Wandering_Youth... what rule did I break? I didn't ask anybody to start subbing it, and I didn't ask for any favors. I just wanted info. Anywho, if I did break a rule, tell me which one so I don't do it in the future. Thx.

Fronzel 2004-02-09 04:18

I don't believe the subbing has stopped (33 and 34 were released fairly recently]), it's that the KTP is slow as hell.

zalas 2004-02-09 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronzel
I don't believe the subbing has stopped (33 and 34 were released fairly recently]), it's that the KTP is slow as hell.

I believe episodes after that HAVE been subbed.
KTP is now redoing the subs from DVDs (the previous ones were tapesubs)

davFunereal 2004-02-09 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjordan
Thx to all who helped. As for Wandering_Youth... what rule did I break? I didn't ask anybody to start subbing it, and I didn't ask for any favors. I just wanted info. Anywho, if I did break a rule, tell me which one so I don't do it in the future. Thx.

I don't see anything. You're not really asking when the episode is released, but more if it is in progress or planned as a project or still being tended to at all. Nor are you plainly asking someone to sub it.

Quote:

If so by whom, and when?
Quote:

So please, any kind hearted soul and/or fan subber :help: me!
These were the offensives, I think. Probably a misunderstanding.

bayoab 2004-02-09 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
I believe episodes after that HAVE been subbed.
KTP is now redoing the subs from DVDs (the previous ones were tapesubs)

All episodes except 41-50 are subbed (And i think 82) by KTP. Those just have summaries. (and they claim they will do them with the dvd's...if they ever get to them that is). Oh, and i forgot to add, there are rumors that it is going to be licensed, a lot of them.

zalas 2004-02-10 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoab
All episodes except 41-50 are subbed (And i think 82) by KTP. Those just have summaries. (and they claim they will do them with the dvd's...if they ever get to them that is). Oh, and i forgot to add, there are rumors that it is going to be licensed, a lot of them.

/me hugz Kodocha DVD tightly >.>
I wonder if this was the actual DVD they used -_-;; (since I got it off eBay around the time they finished the episodes on that DVD)

Go-lytely 2004-02-10 15:50

One thing I didnt like about KTP was that they cut the ending song off certain eps so they could fit 4 eps on a cd.

Aurora 2004-02-11 09:37

I would rather be able to get 4 eps on a cd than have the closing song on every episode. They left the ed on every 4th ep, I think, so you still got it. But I frequently skip the ending and opening songs when watching anime, unless it is a series where there is new storyline introduced at that time.

monir 2004-02-11 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoab
Oh, and i forgot to add, there are rumors that it is going to be licensed, a lot of them.

/me dances around the neighborhood with the apparent risk of being branded as an insane. That means, no more waiting for KTP to show mercy on the Kodocha fan. I'd rather wait three months for the DVD's to come out than waiting for three months for the KTP to release one episode.

JOJOS'STAR 2004-02-11 11:49

So..Somebody knows when the first dvd comes out?

I just wanna see till episiode 200 ^___~

aaronjordan 2004-02-12 11:55

Awsome! Thanks for all the info. But what is KTP? Do any of you guys use Direct Connect or DC++? What do you like to use for your d/l? --besides BT.

marin 2004-02-12 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
So..Somebody knows when the first dvd comes out?

I just wanna see till episiode 200 ^___~

Your avatar is NOT WORK SAFE

zalas 2004-02-12 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronjordan
Awsome! Thanks for all the info. But what is KTP? Do any of you guys use Direct Connect or DC++? What do you like to use for your d/l? --besides BT.

KTP = Kodocha Translation Project (I think)
They have a channel on irc and you should go there if you don't want to use bt. (At least I *think* they distribute in their channel ^^; )

whiplash willy 2004-02-13 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fronzel
I don't believe the subbing has stopped (33 and 34 were released fairly recently]), it's that the KTP is slow as hell.

Where can I DL eps 33 and 34? I remember seeing them awhile back but i can't find them anymore. Also, they don't link them on animesuki.

THanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.