AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 510 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69649)

xris 2008-08-05 10:00

One Piece - Chapter 510 [Manga]
 
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

marvelB 2008-08-05 11:30

Yeah, but there's not much info:


-It seems that it's confirmed that Kizaru is a light Logia (oh, well...)

-Luffy and co. continue fighting the Kuma Clone and he is eventually beaten with Gigant Rifle.

-And... there's something about the supernovas having holes on them, apparently caused by Kizaru's power.

-Law and Kidd STILL haven't reappeared yet.


So... yeah, that's it. Awaiting a more detailed summary now...

james0246 2008-08-05 13:10

It seems the Kuma clone that the Strawhats fought developed a malfunction after its initial smackdown (it is described as "running wild"), so that is why Luffy had to take it out with Gigantic Pistol/Rifle. Also, the Kuma clone with the other Supernovas (Drake and the gang) looks like it was destroyed as well (whether by the Supernovas or by Kizaru's attack (that left holes in everybody) is unknown).

The Imadori 2008-08-05 15:37

Tomorow we will know more. this info is to small to do sth with it.

marvelB 2008-08-05 16:12

Yep, we'll have to wait a little more for more info to arrive....


But still, I find it a bit strange that the summary describes the Pacifista as "going haywire/wild" before being beaten. It's as if it's implied that they ARE robots, even though they aren't. The only other explanation I can think of is that it's the clone's weapons that are going out of control, rather than the clone himself (like he starts wildly shooting lasers everywhere without a means to control himself). I suppose that's the case...

james0246 2008-08-05 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1781626)
Yep, we'll have to wait a little more for more info to arrive....


But still, I find it a bit strange that the summary describes the Pacifista as "going haywire/wild" before being beaten. It's as if it's implied that they ARE robots, even though they aren't. The only other explanation I can think of is that it's the clone's weapons that are going out of control, rather than the clone himself (like he starts wildly shooting lasers everywhere without a means to control himself). I suppose that's the case...

Well, I wouldn't be suprised if the Kuma clones had some sort of self-destruct ability were if they receive x amount of damage, they will automatically start a sequence to explode (much the same as Armos explode after they are damaged in various Legend of Zelda games). Maybe this is what "Going Wild" means. Additionally, since these clones do not appear to have DF abilities, it might be that they are even more machine than man (similiar to,say, Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Cyborg 9 from...Cyborg 009).

marvelB 2008-08-05 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by james3wk (Post 1781661)
Additionally, since these clones do not appear to have DF abilities, it might be that they are even more machine than man (similiar to,say, Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Cyborg 9 from...Cyborg 009).


I remember someone mentioning something like that in a past chapter thread. I suppose that is the case after all. However, I'm still a little disappointed that all Pacifistas look like Kuma so far... I hope that at a later point we'll see a little more variety in the Pacifista's designs (like when Vegapunk gets down to making stronger "models"). But for now... eh. At least it's fun to see the Supernovas take them on. :D


And on that note... it turns out that line about the Supernovas fighting Kizaru having "holes" in them was a bit of a mistranslation... it simply meant that they got owned by the Admiral. I hope that we'll get something on Sentoumaru when the full summary comes around....

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2008-08-05 20:59

I am still hoping that Kizaru is a paramecia light user rather than a logia light user, although from what has been shown he is most likely the latter. After all, being a logia light user would solve the problem of him losing his forearm last chapter. In any case, he does seem to have the power of light nonetheless and that makes him the exact opposite to Blackbeard. It would be interesting to see who would win in a fight between these two, even though in the end I still think Blackbeard would be able to overwhelm Kizaru because he himself said that not even light can escape the gravitational pull of his darkness. Regardless of who would win though, it would still be quite the arduous task for either of them to defeat each other due to their extremely powerful abilities.

marvelB 2008-08-05 22:33

Blackbeard's power can nullify other people's DF abilities when he's close enough to them, so technically one would have to fight him from a distance (not a problem for Kizaru, since he can shoot lasers). However, Blackbeard has a tough enough body to withstand strong attacks, so even long-distance fighters will most likely have a tough time with him....



...And yeah, at this point it looks like Kizaru's definitely a Logia, which kinda disappoints me as well (man, I was really hoping for that "flashing" Paramecia), because I don't see any other way for him to reattach his arm if he WEREN'T one. I have the impression that he still retains a "solid" body like Blackbeard, though (after all, he still gets hit by gunshots and explosions). Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing him using his light powers in more creative ways during the battle....

Freya 2008-08-05 23:07

I'm guessing the other admiral is most likely a Logia user too then.

Rawrz 2008-08-06 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 1782245)
I'm guessing the other admiral is most likely a Logia user too then.

well if he is and if they're going by colors like ice for blue pheasent and light for yellow monkey, red dog will be probly fire/inferno/blood typo thing.Actually some blood related devil fruit can be pretty interesting

chitgoks 2008-08-06 02:11

yeah big possibility the 3rd admiral's gonna be logia

though it aint fire. ace already has it. blood .. now that would make him the most powerful df user if that were to be true

Fipskuul 2008-08-06 02:30

Kuma-clone going wild? A good answer to the concerns about them, and why they are considered dangerous by the marines. A risky weapon that does not really have the mind control required to stop itself, so, it seems even Vegapunk is not perfect. On the other hand, a weapon that can lose its self-control may also refer to the assumption that there is a very easy and quick way to stop it. If Luffy and co can succeed in finding that (at the least, Franky might be able to study its parts) then the fight will simply be reduced to an Admiral against all these pirates. And, that may be a good reason to delay the fight, to let Admiral gather more people before attempting to take them down again.

The Imadori 2008-08-06 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1782187)
Blackbeard's power can nullify other people's DF abilities when he's close enough to them, so technically one would have to fight him from a distance (not a problem for Kizaru, since he can shoot lasers). However, Blackbeard has a tough enough body to withstand strong attacks, so even long-distance fighters will most likely have a tough time with him....

Of course he would. Black Beard is one of the strongest characters in One Piece. Besides Garp and Hawkeye (who don't use DF Powers) and a few others I'm sue he could beat nearly everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1782187)
...And yeah, at this point it looks like Kizaru's definitely a Logia, which kinda disappoints me as well (man, I was really hoping for that "flashing" Paramecia), because I don't see any other way for him to reattach his arm if he WEREN'T one. I have the impression that he still retains a "solid" body like Blackbeard, though (after all, he still gets hit by gunshots and explosions). Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing him using his light powers in more creative ways during the battle....

Well thst shooting light then teleporting in it was funny. But seriously. Logia again? *yawn* :twitch: That means again that nobody stands a chance of hurting him and he can take down the entire Island. Ok he is an Admiral but still. Invincible characters are just BORING.

Rawrz 2008-08-06 08:39

;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Imadori (Post 1782919)
Of course he would. Black Beard is one of the strongest characters in One Piece. Besides Garp and Hawkeye (who don't use DF Powers) and a few others I'm sue he could beat nearly everyone.


Well thst shooting light then teleporting in it was funny. But seriously. Logia again? *yawn* :twitch: That means again that nobody stands a chance of hurting him and he can take down the entire Island. Ok he is an Admiral but still. Invincible characters are just BORING.

I wonder If Kizaru is really invincible.There must be some counter or weak point.Like fire-smoke,water-sand...And in this case its only darkness that can devour the light.Maybe Blackbeard will appear soon but I cant see him defeating kizaru since he worked hard to become a shichibukai, there is no meaning to destroy and admiral at this point for him..maybe only if he kill him and blame Supernovas for the death cause.

Other than that They may try to pull him to some shadowy areas? maybe he is taking his light based power from sun or something and that will put him in weakest position he can get...

Whatever happens I can see Kizaru dead/feinted/lose at end of this arc.I know he is admiral and the strongest ever we can see from marines but there are still 2 monsters like him and a group of supernova combined to defeat him is honorable enough for an admiral.Noone will be knows as the pirate who defeated Kizaru all alone but helped others defeating him...also this storyline must go further rather than introducing us a new admiral and letting him go back to base owning entire supernovas.If he dies that means we came at least %50-%60 of One Piece which is quite good.

ZeroForever 2008-08-06 09:00

either way his logia is quite OP (over powered not one piece) but not surprising in the least, doesn't make sense that Drake would stay at all though as... well from the fact that he knew about Kizaru's laser ability, i would assume he would know that he's a light logia that would own his ass.

marvelB 2008-08-06 09:10

Well a whole bunch of pics appeared (like, nearly the entire chapter!). Kizaru's Logia for sure, because his entire body reforms from light after the explosion. He also owns all of the nearby Supernovas left-and-right (Apoo included, which saddens me). Afterwards he talks to Sentoumaru on the Denden Mushi, who tells him that Luffy, Kidd, and Law have split up, so they're gunning for those guys now.....


AND we see the awesome combo attack from the Straw-Hats on Kuma B (the return of Franky Boxing and Asura! :D) One interesting tactic I noticed Robin used was sealing the clone's mouth shut when he was about to shoot his beam (heh). And of course, there's Luffy's Gigant Rifle finisher from the summary, as well. Yep, they whooped that Pacifisa good. :p



And taking Kizaru's chat with Sentoumaru into consideration (along with 4 Supernovas going down this chapter), it looks like Kidd and Law's crews will finally reappear next chapter....



Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroForever (Post 1783026)
either way his logia is quite OP (over powered not one piece) but not surprising in the least, doesn't make sense that Drake would stay at all though as... well from the fact that he knew about Kizaru's laser ability, i would assume he would know that he's a light logia that would own his ass.



Logias in general are "hax", but that doesn't stop Oda with coming up with fancy ways to beat them. As for why Drake stuck around... well, he DID say that he wasn't expecting Kizaru to arrive, but it looked more to me like he stayed to fight the Pacifista (maybe just to see their abilities?).



I'm hoping that we'll see some more creative Logia powers in the future, though. For instance, I always thought that wood or metal Logias would make for pretty awesome opponents. :)

kari-no-sugata 2008-08-06 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 1783047)
AND we see the awesome combo attack from the Straw-Hats on Kuma B (the return of Franky Boxing and Asura! :D) One interesting tactic I noticed Robin used was sealing the clone's mouth shut when he was about to shoot his beam (heh). And of course, there's Luffy's Gigant Rifle finisher from the summary, as well. Yep, they whooped that Pacifisa good. :p

Rather reminded me of episode 12 of Nanoha A's - serial super moves on a single target :D

But seriously, just how tough are these Pacifisas? They sure can take a major beating. The real Kuma will be even tougher! I guess they gotta figure out how to get through his armour better...

shankss 2008-08-06 09:37

Damn..that light logia body recreation was somehow creepy...Kizaru was just some walking legs with other body parts scattered everywhere and he recreated himself with lightbeams..RUN LUFFY RUN

kari-no-sugata 2008-08-06 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankss (Post 1783087)
Damn..that light logia body recreation was somehow creepy...Kizaru was just some walking legs with other body parts scattered everywhere and he recreated himself with lightbeams..RUN LUFFY RUN

I thought it was rather cool... but yeah, a bit scary too. Like watching a T-1000 re-form...

It is rather hard to imagine just how Luffy could deal with someone like this. Maybe he'll have to learn "Haki" first after all...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.