AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sad anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=703)

magus1234 2003-11-10 23:18

Sad anime
 
YO!I was just wondering if there is any really sad anime out there,Its a mission in itself for me to get my Girlfriend to watch anime but she really liked Saikano.So is there any sad anime out there,PLZ help!
thx.?!?>>!?dsjhn

pantsu 2003-11-11 01:12

full moon wo sagashite..not completely sad..but has its moments. Very much the emotional roller coaster. It is a great one to watch..enjoyable for all :d and is something you can dl off this site.

if you want to shell out money (and it's well worth it) go buy grave of the fireflies.....it's a damn good/sad anime movie.

magus1234 2003-11-11 01:33

I'll check that one out,thx!
Actually i just saw Grave today-00''
-

Tomomi 2003-11-11 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantsu
full moon wo sagashite..not completely sad..but has its moments. Very much the emotional roller coaster. It is a great one to watch..enjoyable for all :d and is something you can dl off this site.

if you want to shell out money (and it's well worth it) go buy grave of the fireflies.....it's a damn good/sad anime movie.

Yeah, man!

Full Moon Wo Sagashite is a must watch! The last few episodes left me practically in tears! Oh, you should try Kanon too. :heh:

Tboz 2003-11-11 03:52

Watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien yet? It a sad and romantic story and the series hasn't end yet. There will be a total of 14 episodes and readily available at animesuki. Both of you can watch it and cry together... :naughty:

hinata-chan 2003-11-11 05:23

Some recommendations:

Jin Roh
Battle Angel
Kite

NenMaster 2003-11-11 11:03

some people say grave of the fireflies is sad, i dunno not watched it yet

squonjon 2003-11-11 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by NenMaster
some people say grave of the fireflies is sad, i dunno not watched it yet

indeed it is. verymuchso. i'd recommend serial experiments:lain - it has quite an effect when you watch it all at once...
FLCL made me cry like a baby every time Carnival started playing, but this doesn't seem to be a consensus opinion. oh, and the end of haibane renmei. that's good. and the final credits of nekojiru-sou (so, so creepy...) ...

Videric 2003-11-11 15:36

Gravitation is a nice little story.. i cried sometimes during that show :sad:
Hmm Fruits Basket is kinda sad too i guess :(

Oteck 2003-11-11 18:29

Grave of the fireflies (realy realy sad WWII story)
Kimagure Orange Road Movie 1 (not sure if it's realy sad but it's serious romance)
Video Girl Ai (manga is much more sader)
Saikano
Key the metal idol (the op/ed itself is depressing)

Lambda 2003-11-11 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by squonjon
indeed it is. verymuchso. i'd recommend serial experiments:lain - it has quite an effect when you watch it all at once...

Lain is a very good one to try, but don't count on, well pretty much anything really. It's one of those shows that plays to the subconscious and engages parts of the mind that are very different from person to person, so it's very difficult to predict exactly what sort of effect it will have for any given person.

Figure 17 and Gunbuster might be interesting ones to try.

Keitaro 2003-11-11 21:24

check out this anime called Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku or Now and then, here and there its sort of sad. Oh yea by the way it Licensed by central park media, its only 13 episodes so its wont cost to much to pick it up on dvd.

Aquillion 2003-11-14 02:01

Hitsuji no Uta is very sad, and is currently available on Animesuki. Unfortunately it is not finished yet, which is often a problem when showing shows to new people...

Keitaro 2003-11-14 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquillion
Hitsuji no Uta is very sad, and is currently available on Animesuki. Unfortunately it is not finished yet, which is often a problem when showing shows to new people...

I dont see Hitsuji as sad, more like a horror/Psych/dark themed anime.

So far its only been subbed up to the second ova, theirs a total of 4. I wonder if the those fansubs who subbed the first 2 dropped the series, I hope not cause it be a shame.

lordwu 2003-11-14 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I dont see Hitsuji as sad, more like a horror/Psych/dark themed anime.

So far its only been subbed up to the second ova, theirs a total of 4. I wonder if the those fansubs who subbed the first 2 dropped the series, I hope not cause it be a shame.

Since it's an OVA, the release schedule would be something like one episode per 3 months or even 6 months. I'm too lazy to look it up now but I believe the rest of the episodes are not released yet.

Go-lytely 2003-11-14 20:35

I thought Azumanga was sad at the end. The finality of it all.

ElvenPath 2003-11-14 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by NenMaster
some people say grave of the fireflies is sad, i dunno not watched it yet

Graveyard of the Fireflies --> incredibly sad and depressing, highly recommended.

Tboz 2003-11-15 06:17

Kanon is every sad too, its still available at AnimeSuki. Just finish watching the whole series yesterday. :o

And thumbs up for Grave of the Fireflies, its a classic. Well, which masterpiece by Miyazaki isn't a classic? :heh:

Gaara11 2003-11-15 18:52

Grave of the Fireflies and Fruits Basket.

Lambda 2003-11-15 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tboz
And thumbs up for Grave of the Fireflies, its a classic. Well, which masterpiece by Miyazaki isn't a classic? :heh:

Erm, Grave of the Fireflies isn't a Miyazaki film. It's a Takahata film. Are you one of those people who doesn't know that Ghibli has two great directors?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.