AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Onihime VS (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70324)

KickHopper 2008-08-21 01:48

Onihime VS

http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/img/co...hime/top01.jpg

Quote:

Weak, bullied and pessimistic about life, that's Setsuna Kashiwagi. On the verge of jumping off a bridge, a mysterious man appears behind him and offers the contract "10 million yen in exchange for your life in a year." Skeptical at first, he accepts. Waking up the next morning, thinking it was an dream, he notices 2 beautiful women sitting beside him, they are Kanna and Rena, Oni princesses here to claim his heart in a year.
Another IM Dal Young manwha. Art is very pretty, but that's probably the only reason I'm reading this... Hopefully, Setsuna mans up unlike in some way to make me like him. Kanna is awesome though! Rena in a meido outfit... *drools* There just needs to be more of the strong hero balancing out the strong heroine.

CygnusX 2008-08-21 08:52

Discovered this week as well.

After reading Unbalance x2, I've been a great fan of and have been searching for all of IM Dal Young manwha's.

Of his projects, this one seems the least interesting to me, especially because of the cliché storyline and the spineless main character. Compared to UxU it's not really a welcome change imho.

Though the story is still of IM Dal Young so I'm sure it be fun to read and the art is very nice so I'm looking forward to more releases and see how the story will progress and hope there will be some pleasant surprises.

jesus28 2008-08-21 10:24

Aflame inferno hasn't moved in a while (with respect to the raws, only can find up to vol 4). Freezing seems to be one of his more interesting manga.

RolePlay 2008-08-21 10:30

i might have to look into this one as well ^^

Sinestra 2009-02-25 11:31

Known about this for a bit but was reading Unbalance X2 just finished the first chapter and im loving it so far. I can see how this could appeal to many fans well back to reading. Will give a more complete post when im done.

kujoe 2009-02-25 13:28

I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.

holyalexander 2009-02-25 14:15

this is interesting.. i might look into it..

yongshun 2009-02-25 14:47

The series is pretty fun to read, I would have figured that Setsuna would be the one to grab the orb but it was unexpected of Arima to grab it, cant wait to see what happens next.

ReddyRedWolf 2009-02-25 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoe (Post 2237242)
I've been wanting to check this out, so I'm glad it's being scanlated.

The art is great as usual, as expected of Lee Soo Hyun, and the story seems interesting enough so far. Not to mention, Kanna is in many ways all kinds of awesome.

I have to say though, that so far it seems kind of predictable. I'm not really expecting that much considering the premise, but I can easily imagine Kanna and Rena receiving Setsuna's heart, and somehow Setsuna will live on and he'll be with both... all thanks to some stroke of deus ex machina. That, or things will be normal again and he'll end up with Arima, thus wrapping everything up.

Well not without some tragedy I think. He needs a heart transplant.

Meaning somebody has to croak first.

kujoe 2009-02-26 03:08

Well, that's why I said, "by some stroke of deus ex machina".

Of course, it can always end tragically. If I'm not mistaken, Im Dal Young has ended one of his stories on a tragic note but I don't feel such vibes here, at least not yet, especially with a hapless main character like Setsuna. True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.

Solace 2009-02-26 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoe (Post 2238319)
True to anime protagonist clichés, he's already been told that there's something special about him (i.e., his unusual heart), which allows him to summon both of the princesses.

I wouldn't say this is an anime only cliche, but yeah his character (so far) is rather generic. I do find the bully secretly liking him a nice touch though, the scenes where she's trying to somehow tell him that she likes him are fun to watch. ^^

kujoe 2009-02-26 04:01

Nah, that's actually quite reminiscent of Im dal Young's other manhwa, Unbalance x Unbalance.

That manhwa also has a female character with a nasty, scheming bitchy side that causes tension and drama from her end of the story. Arima isn't as bad, but I don't find her characterization particularly appealing, even for a tsundere fan like myself.

TrueKnight 2009-02-26 04:09

Superb art and appealing females.

But a retard, emo, crybaby and useless male lead with females bossing him around, always pushed around, cries alot and again, relying most the time on females do clean the mess for him. Very inspiring indeed. Reading this made me somehow lost my manliness a bit. If he remain that useless spine I'm afraid even the ridiculously hot females won't be able the keep me interested.

Then again I'm read this when I just finished wacthed 300 again. So I maybe biased.

denice25 2009-02-26 04:32

Good Luck in reading...

Mentar 2009-02-26 04:48

To be honest, after the 5 scanlated chapters the character I find most interesting and enjoyable is uber-tsundere Arima ;) *lol*

Anyway, I'm having fun.

kujoe 2009-02-26 06:01

Whoa, Ch 6 (raw)...

Spoiler:

Deathkillz 2009-02-26 12:40

IM Dal Young is DA MAN when it comes to drawing sexy women...although I think he did kind of overdid it here with Kanna's chest size.

But holy zettai ryouiki :heh:

I do think that the guy looks a bit too much of a shota kid, which is a waste since he is surrounded by hot girls, but this isn't the first case I've seen of this. I wonder why :rolleyes:

Mizuno 2009-03-06 17:03

lol, Hina in servant uniform looks a bit like a full-sized Suiseiseki... :heh:

FateAnomaly 2009-03-06 21:44

Normally i would say i don't like someone like Arima but i do in this case. Anyway there probably won't be much of a storyline but i am still looking forward to the next chapter.

Cio 2009-03-07 01:23

Rena is awesome, she is remind me of Son Goku from Journey to the West :D

As for chp 6, it is hilarious to see Hina in maid costume LOL