AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   D.C.I.F. ~ Da Capo IF OVA ~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=71100)

suguru 2008-09-06 16:52

D.C.I.F. ~ Da Capo IF OVA ~
 
Looks like along with a box set of the original Da Capo series from 2003 that's coming out December 25, 2008, they're including the first episode of a new Da Capo "If" OVA that focuses on Shirakawa Kotori:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-ova-announced

Definitely good news for Kotori fans like me :D

blitz1/2 2008-09-06 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru (Post 1872834)
Looks like along with a box set of the original Da Capo series from 2003 that's coming out December 25, 2008, they're including the first episode of a new Da Capo "If" OVA that focuses on Shirakawa Kotori:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-ova-announced

Definitely good news for Kotori fans like me :D Although I wonder who's going to be doing the animation, Xebec or FEEL...

If huh?

What happens IF kotori ends up with Junichi?

I hope we have another OVA for DCII.

Shiroth 2008-09-06 18:19

Oh my god. We're actually going to see things go the way Kotori wants them them go --- IMPOSSIBLE.

That means all us Kotori fans that basically wanted to cry for the rest of our lives because nothing good ever happened to her are finally getting a break.

Yes i'm looking very much forward to this.

holyman282 2008-09-06 18:56

are you serious?!!!! I was so peeved when Kotori kept getting the short end of the stick but now they finally realise what we all want?! A Kotori ending FTW!!!

relentlessflame 2008-09-06 19:38

This sounds like it's very much in the spirit of the similarly-named D.C. II IF manga, which re-tells the D.C. II core story with Nanaka as a main character. So, I'm imagining the two-part OVA series (one with each series boxset, I presume...) will do the same for Kotori. What will be most interesting to me is whether they do it by shifting to the game's story, or whether they make up their own story path.

A lot of people have said over the years that they should do OVAs with alternate endings for the various heroines, so the fact that it looks like they may (should emphasize "may", because we don't actually know for 100% sure that that's the case yet) being doing that here is very interesting.

And for the record, I liked the ending of the first two D.C. series, but I also liked Kotori's ending in the game, so I'm looking forward to this... to the tune of buying the boxsets even though I already own all the R2 DVD boxes/DVDs. :heh:

DanielSong39 2008-09-06 20:59

I actually think a Sakura ending would be a lot more interesting but a Kotori ending would be fine as well. She is a worthy heroine and had every reason to believe she was the frontrunner, as late as episode 10.

Wouldn't be much of a stretch for Jyunichi to go for Kotori - if he wasn't a siscon, they surely would've gotten together in the first series!

Master Anime 2008-09-06 21:49

Wow I can't wait for this
This is very good news for Kotori Fans like me

puretsundere 2008-09-06 22:29

A Da Capo OVA focusing on Kotori? Count me in. Definitely a Kotori fan. I'm hoping this is an IF story focusing on what would happen if Kotori ended up with Junichi.

If they could add an IF Sakura OVA too, I would be in heaven.

Vegard Aune 2008-09-07 13:02

Interesting. Now, I'm not a Kotori-fanboy, but hey, I liked the series, and seeing it from a new point of view should be fun. Though I hope that they'll bring back the people who actually made the first season, as that one had the best animation and was generally the best-written one in my opinion. (Though I heard they made some changes from the game's storyline, but I don't know HOW different they were.)

relentlessflame 2008-09-08 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegard Aune (Post 1876506)
(Though I heard they made some changes from the game's storyline, but I don't know HOW different they were.)

Well, they were fairly different, but not to the point of being unrecognisable.
Spoiler for major differences from the game (from memory):
So... all in all, the game provided a fuller, more rounded view of the characters that was less built-up for the sake of drama. The anime is a good companion piece to the game, but the game is the more "authoritative" piece, let's say. That being said, I don't think it really takes away from the anime that much, so long as you think of them as two separate but related works. The only reason people tend to care about faithfulness to the original is when the deviation is much worse than the original. In this case, I'd say it's very much debatable. Both the anime and game have their advantages and disadvantages, though I should say that most of what I felt were disadvantages in the D.C. game were addressed in D.C. II (game).

suguru 2008-09-09 12:54

Sounds like according to what Stripey found on Getchu (I wouldn't know since I can't read squat in Japanese other than hiragana), ZEXCS is the studio who'll be doing the IF OVA.

I'm a little surprised, since although ZEXCS did the original Da Capo, it's been all FEEL since then (DCSS, DCII, DCIISS). Still, I thought ZEXCS did a better job with drama (although I like FEEL's character designs better...) so definitely looking forward to it...just 106 more days until Christmas... :heh:

relentlessflame 2008-09-10 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by suguru (Post 1883744)
Sounds like according to what Stripey found on Getchu (I wouldn't know since I can't read squat in Japanese other than hiragana), ZEXCS is the studio who'll be doing the IF OVA.

I'm a little surprised, since although ZEXCS did the original Da Capo, it's been all FEEL since then (DCSS, DCII, DCIISS). Still, I thought ZEXCS did a better job with drama (although I like FEEL's character designs better...) so definitely looking forward to it...just 106 more days until Christmas... :heh:

I don't know if the Getchu post is really that conclusive. The staff list it's talking about looks like it's for the original series itself, but it's not impossible that they brought back the same staff for the OVA. That being said, if the second half is going to ship with D.C.S.S.'s boxset, which staff do you choose? In either case, like I said, ZEXCS and the original D.C. anime director recently worked on Circus's Kujira OVA series, so it's certainly possible for it to go either way. Time will tell...

AvatarST 2008-09-12 08:30

I actually liked Nemu's game version. I felt she was a lot nicer and less whiny. And I hated her anime incarnation. How I wish I'd known her game version before her anime one, then I wouldn't dislike her, I'm afraid...Jyunichi was also a lot cooler.

And yeah, Moe was one of the 'big 4' in the original game. Poor Moe.

In any case, these are interesting enough news to get me to post. I lurk lots but post little nowadays. I'm looking forward to this, naturally.

Kristen 2008-09-12 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvatarST (Post 1891940)
I actually liked Nemu's game version. I felt she was a lot nicer and less whiny. And I hated her anime incarnation. How I wish I'd known her game version before her anime one, then I wouldn't dislike her, I'm afraid...Jyunichi was also a lot cooler.

And yeah, Moe was one of the 'big 4' in the original game. Poor Moe.

In any case, these are interesting enough news to get me to post. I lurk lots but post little nowadays. I'm looking forward to this, naturally.

I feel like the anime made a few errors in its adaptation. But, I still give them credit, since Da Capo was really the first attempt at a 2 season long harem if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, that meant they cut out some of the main plot such as Moe, and they put in lots of filler.

patnam 2008-09-12 10:32

long time no watch this anime after watched D.C. II 2nd season last few months...

Shinji103 2008-09-12 10:37

So we have a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien alternate route OVA, a Clannad alternate route OVA, and now a D.C. alternate route OVA....

I see a trend. :)

serenade_beta 2008-09-12 14:28

Yare yare, they refuse to let Dame po Da Capo anime die, huh...

Oh well, I'll just hope for a good story for now. At least the protagonist isn't that guy anymore.

Vegard Aune 2008-09-14 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 1892664)
At least the protagonist isn't that guy anymore.

That's so true. It's gonna be nice seeing D.C. with a protagonist who doesn't fail utterly at being a human being anymore.

Master Anime 2008-09-14 07:45

Yeah I Hope the protagonist isn't that guy again
eventough I think the possibility is very low

Leon_Lelouch 2008-09-14 08:15

ohh... this's a very good news for all of Kotori's fans....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 1892162)
So we have a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien alternate route OVA, a Clannad alternate route OVA, and now a D.C. alternate route OVA....

I see a trend. :)

most likely, it means that the real story for TV series suck...:p JK


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.