AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Full Metal Panic (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FMP - Spoilers & Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73425)

xris 2008-10-26 04:36

FMP - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the FMP anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.
  • Any form of spoiler from the FMP novels or manga. Clearly marked Spoiler tags required.
Please make sure you use spoiler tags as indicated above! Also provide where the source of such speculation come from if at all possible (i.e. "Animeage" or "Manga") and identify the spoiler tag with the use of the subject title (see the paragraph below how to do this). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban for the poster. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gif if you see any unmarked manga spoilers.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the novels then please use the existing FMP Novels News and discussions .

Subzero00 2008-10-26 07:24

A friend of mine told me at the end of FMP its likely that either Sousuke or kaname die. Do you guys agree with this statement

Miles Teg 2008-10-26 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subzero00 (Post 2014280)
The last novel is coming out next month. A friend of mine told me at the end its likely that either Sousuke or kaname die. Do you guys agree with this statement

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 2014086)
Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the novels then please use the existing FMP Novels News and discussions .

It's a thread for people who have only seen the TV serie and don't want to be spoiled by people who have read the novel. Subzero00 you should remove your post or the mention of the novel and if you want to speak about the next novel you should post in the appropriate thread.

Subzero00 2008-10-26 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg (Post 2014931)
It's a thread for people who have only seen the TV serie and don't want to be spoiled by people who have read the novel. Subzero00 you should remove your post or the mention of the novel and if you want to speak about the next novel you should post in the appropriate thread.

i asked for a thread where i can talk about "will either Sousuke or kaname die" and this thread was created and i was asked to post here

xris 2008-10-27 04:06

There was nothing wrong with your original post but I think the issue was that it appeared that you wanted to discuss the novels (and thus the discussion might spoil those who hadn't yet read them).

If you wish to discuss "will either Sousuke or kaname die" in this thread then that is fine as long as it is based on "personal theories, speculation, guesses and such."

Why do you think either Sousuke or Kaname will die?

Subzero00 2008-10-27 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 2016764)
There was nothing wrong with your original post but I think the issue was that it appeared that you wanted to discuss the novels (and thus the discussion might spoil those who hadn't yet read them).

If you wish to discuss "will either Sousuke or kaname die" in this thread then that is fine as long as it is based on "personal theories, speculation, guesses and such."

Why do you think either Sousuke or Kaname will die?

i was discussing FMP with HunterSeeker, the user who posted some of the novel summarys. He says that the way it is moving its unlikely there will be a happy ending

Langus 2008-10-27 14:54

As it's constructed now, this thread is absolutely pointless. It's impossible to have a discussion that centers on the speculation of character death without referring to the novels because as the anime currently stands, there is no indication that it will:

A) be continued and

B) that one or both of the primary characters (Sousuke and Kaname) will die at any point following the televised conclusion.

Unless the mods are willing to allow discussion of the novels they might as well shut this thread down now. Unless of course this thread is designed for us to delve into the realm of fan fiction...?

Deadwings 2008-10-27 16:17

There's a thread for fanfics, created recently, too.

Langus 2008-10-27 16:49

I am aware. I was being facetious.

Yu Ominae 2008-10-29 12:39

Guess MITHRIL's gonna have a number since...

Spoiler for Kurz's supposed death:

HunterSeeker 2008-10-30 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 2021845)
Guess MITHRIL's gonna have a number since...

Spoiler for Kurz's supposed death:

You better read more for what I showed in the Spoiler thread......
Spoiler for more stuff about that event:

SkoolRumble4Ya 2008-10-30 16:55

Does the new chapter comes out next month?

Yu Ominae 2008-10-30 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterSeeker (Post 2023749)
You better read more for what I showed in the Spoiler thread......
Spoiler for more stuff about that event:

Oops! My bad. :heh:

debbielj 2008-11-04 09:32

Spoiler for Kurz:

DarkHonour 2008-11-19 22:58

Spoiler for Kurz:

Langus 2008-12-01 12:15

Spoiler for Kurz etc:

HunterSeeker 2008-12-02 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langus (Post 2083581)
Spoiler for Kurz etc:

Spoiler for misc stuff:

dmaxzero 2008-12-03 13:10

What will be of the characters of the series without BT and the whispered?
I think if they reset the world there is no reason for the characters to have met in the first place. So I imagine a cliche ending with sagara being transfered to school and beginnig the story all over again without bad guys.... it will be a bad ending.

I really like dramatic ending, where no victory comes without a sacrifice.

fingers crossed

masterwok 2008-12-03 19:32

well then how and why did sousuke get placed in helmajistan if there is no BT.

LeoXiao 2008-12-04 01:06

because that's where he started, per se.

He got found by Kalinin after a plane with Japanese people crashed in Siberia or something, was sent to kill some Afghan dude (the soviet-afghan war would have happened even w/out BT), and then ended up getting captured and turned into a guerrilla.

So if there was no BT he'd still be in Afghanistan (oops it's actually Helmajistan)