AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Kamijo Touma (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74615)

Pellissier 2008-11-25 14:26

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Kamijo Touma
 
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kamijo Touma related.
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4...istoumagg2.png
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all To Aru Majutsu no Index fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chaos2Frozen 2008-11-29 08:24

I was severely let down by the Anime's adaptation of Touma in the first Arc, several key scenes in the story that involves him had been downplayed- Most important of them had been in episode six, the climax of the story.

I know we're not suppose to be comparing different adaptations, but if one version is clearly better than the other, I won't hesitate to use it.

Nevertheless, I'm a man of second chances, and things have been shaping up quite nicely for Touma in this second arc. Hopefully, this would continue down the road.

KaneDragon 2008-11-29 17:14

i think Touma's a pretty cool guy, eh cancels magic and doesnt afraid of anything ;)

He punches out Styl more than once for being a jerk, and seems to be taking all the absurd events around him rather well. Plus, he takes care of a pudding-stealing loli. Touma's feeling of disconnect with the Touma of before and his interactions with those who knew him are interesting.

Agreed about how the anime is downplaying his character a bit, though I only have the manga to compare it to.

serenade_beta 2008-11-29 21:37

Mr. Hero of Justice-wannabe Kamijo Touma

Thanks to the anime, my impression of him has severely worsened... :upset:
I actually thought he was cool (to an extent) in the novel/manga, but now...

Well, in the end and for the truth, Touma has no value, his right hand does. He doesn't do anything, his right hand has to do the hard work. Good job, right hand...

Spring_sakura111 2008-11-30 10:16

I don't find him interesting. I was only fascinated by him when the first two episodes appeared. Now , I feel neutral.

Malintex_Terek 2008-11-30 15:45

Best Gar all year. Even if the character is significantly better in the novels (aren't they always?) he still stands out as refreshingly original and interesting.

I'm watching this show for him, not for Index, who should be walled up in a monastery somewhere.

kingsky123 2008-12-15 12:43

when he touches a clone, does he revert it to nothing ?

serenade_beta 2008-12-15 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 2109291)
when he touches a clone, does he revert it to nothing ?

Why? A clone isn't created by any power. It was created by science or whatever technology.

kingsky123 2008-12-15 14:14

bah, i do not understand how his hand works at all =/

typhonsentra 2008-12-15 14:33

I find his speeches and judgment of others pretty annoying but he's pretty solid when he's not doing these things. Basically anything between him and Index is gold.

Malintex_Terek 2008-12-15 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 2109425)
bah, i do not understand how his hand works at all =/

I was a bit confused as well, but think of it this way. When Misaka's room-mate was going to teleport Touma, if she couldn't teleport the hand it would have been left behind - quite the bloody mess that would have been. So for some reason the hand wouldn't let her move the rest of him. :cool:

serenade_beta 2008-12-16 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 2110077)
I was a bit confused as well, but think of it this way. When Misaka's room-mate was going to teleport Touma, if she couldn't teleport the hand it would have been left behind - quite the bloody mess that would have been. So for some reason the hand wouldn't let her move the rest of him. :cool:

Reason - Convenience. AKA, the author screwed up again. She needed some plot device to get Touma under the bed, where another plot device called the Super Explanation Bear is waiting to explain everything he needs.

djmaca 2008-12-16 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2110459)
Reason - Convenience. AKA, the author screwed up again. She needed some plot device to get Touma under the bed, where another plot device called the Super Explanation Bear is waiting to explain everything he needs.

Or maybe because that since "teleport" is aimed at the whole body, then it won't take effect... If it is aimed at his clothes only, then it might work....

serenade_beta 2008-12-16 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 2110607)
Or maybe because that since "teleport" is aimed at the whole body, then it won't take effect... If it is aimed at his clothes only, then it might work....

His whole body? Either way. His hand negates any supernatural ability that hits it, so when the teleport was used, it would have negated the teleport on it, but the rest of the body should have zoomed in a bloody mess to neverland.

KaneDragon 2008-12-16 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2110943)
His whole body? Either way. His hand negates any supernatural ability that hits it, so when the teleport was used, it would have negated the teleport on it, but the rest of the body should have zoomed in a bloody mess to neverland.

Meh, there's enough leeway from having such a fantastic power to account for this, if you want. :p

SELECT * FROM Person WHERE Name == 'Touma';
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SELECT permission denied on object 'right_hand', person 'Touma'

And then the whole darn "select Touma" query fails, so nothing happens. ;)

kingsky123 2008-12-16 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 2110077)
I was a bit confused as well, but think of it this way. When Misaka's room-mate was going to teleport Touma, if she couldn't teleport the hand it would have been left behind - quite the bloody mess that would have been. So for some reason the hand wouldn't let her move the rest of him. :cool:

huh? then how did the hand severing work on episode 9?

serenade_beta 2008-12-16 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsky123 (Post 2111099)
huh? then how did the hand severing work on episode 9?

With the wimp alchemist? His weapon didn't hit his hand, but went right through his shoulder and slashed it right off.

kaizerknight01 2008-12-16 15:46

Should he fight accelerator He should use his Imagine breaker like this ..........

My right hand raging with angrer!!! Its yelling out to defeat you!!! for pain and sorrow that did to Mikoto!!! Negating!!!!! Imagineeeeeeee BREAKERRRRRRR!!!!!! ( G Gundam parody)

hit accelerator in the face

kinda like this in picture

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...umavsaccel.jpg

Malintex_Terek 2008-12-16 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2111113)
With the wimp alchemist? His weapon didn't hit his hand, but went right through his shoulder and slashed it right off.

I think the question is because in the anime, Misaka's room-mate (who I can't remember) touched Touma's chest and tried to teleport him, but it failed. Touma suggested it was due to his hand but that really doesn't make sense given what we've seen before...perhaps something else was interfering?

djmaca 2008-12-16 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon (Post 2110978)
Meh, there's enough leeway from having such a fantastic power to account for this, if you want. :p

SELECT * FROM Person WHERE Name == 'Touma';
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SELECT permission denied on object 'right_hand', person 'Touma'

And then the whole darn "select Touma" query fails, so nothing happens. ;)

Dude SQL!

VB (or something like that...):
Spoiler for size:


well everything's not perfect... and so is his hand...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.