AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Possible New Metal Gear Game (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74991)

Spitfire 2008-12-05 09:04

Possible New Metal Gear Game
 
So, this teaser page has appeared on Konami's Japanese website:
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

Wonder what it could be? I've heard it suggested that it could be a Metal Gear for Xbox 360.

Shadow Kira01 2008-12-05 09:38

Hope it isn't a port of MGS4 for the 360!

IchiKyo 2008-12-05 17:29

Since Kojima is a fan of Apple Product, i was thinking of an Ipod Touch Game :/
Maybe because SquareEnix planned a game for Ipod, Kojima may follow them too...

Since the only hint we have is : i + ! = ( ! )
"i" for Ipod or DSi
"!" for a new Metal Gear Acid?
"( ! )" for X360 (remind the sign of a RROD)

Sety 2008-12-05 18:59

Theres 3 most likely possibilities.

1) iPhone MGS, Kojima has expressed interest in the iPhone before. This seems like the most likely option.
2) Metal Gear Acid due to how they normally spell it, however this seems unlikely due to the website url as msot pointed out is 'MGST'.
3) A Wii MGS. The power button heavily resemble the Wii's power icons, two i's could make up the ii part of Wii and the remote actually has a exclamation mark on it too if you ever noticed. On top of that with Snake's recent appearance in Brawl, it wouldn't be unusual for this to be some kind of obligation fufilled since there hasn't been a Wii Metal Gear game yet. It'd also be strange not to see a MG game on the highest selling console right now.
4) Maybe DSi, however I find this one the biggest stretch.

360 is highly unlikely, Kojima's expressed disinterest in developing for it multiple times...

OtseisRagnarok 2008-12-05 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety (Post 2091380)
Theres 3 most likely possibilities.

1) iPhone MGS, Kojima has expressed interest in the iPhone before. This seems like the most likely option.
2) Metal Gear Acid due to how they normally spell it, however this seems unlikely due to the website url as msot pointed out is 'MGST'.
3) A Wii MGS. The power button heavily resemble the Wii's power icons, two i's could make up the ii part of Wii and the remote actually has a exclamation mark on it too if you ever noticed. On top of that with Snake's recent appearance in Brawl, it wouldn't be unusual for this to be some kind of obligation fufilled since there hasn't been a Wii Metal Gear game yet. It'd also be strange not to see a MG game on the highest selling console right now.
4) Maybe DSi, however I find this one the biggest stretch.

360 is highly unlikely, Kojima's expressed disinterest in developing for it multiple times...

DS or Wii would be fantastic!
But if there is another MGS game, it's either a spin-off, or a port. Kojima said he was finished with the Metal Gear saga. he won't direct anymore...

Sides 2008-12-05 20:13

Metal Gear online for 360? But my guess it is probably something like Acid, MGST could be Metal Gear Solid Tactics, or something, PSP or DSi.

Papaya 2008-12-05 20:29

Or, it means "a new Metal Gear is on".

! = metal gear
i = idea

blitz1/2 2008-12-05 21:45

I want more ZOE!!!!

IchiKyo 2008-12-06 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 2091622)
I want more ZOE!!!!

True since Kojima had announced for a long time that there will be a new sequel of ZOE for PS3...

-RK- 2008-12-06 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by IchiKyo (Post 2091976)
True since Kojima had announced for a long time that there will be a new sequel of ZOE for PS3...

To even compare MGS to ZoE is so disheartening. MGS is a legacy while ZoE is one of those games you rent once and forget about.

RAVNEN 2008-12-06 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RK- (Post 2092167)
To even compare MGS to ZoE is so disheartening. MGS is a legacy while ZoE is one of those games you rent once and forget about.

Agree,MGS is more solid regarding it background story,characters development & innovative gameplay than ZoE.;) Hopefully the next MGS will have more unique feature & more weapons!!!:D

-Kh- 2008-12-06 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by IchiKyo (Post 2091255)
"( ! )" for X360 (remind the sign of a RROD)

Orly?


http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9996/2j4zipsur2.jpg



Anyway, my opinion on this subject is this one:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5789/10gw4y9cg8.jpg

IchiKyo 2008-12-06 09:23

http://itsnotlup.us/notlupus.png

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4...5969691wc2.gif

IchiKyo 2008-12-17 00:24

Crazy Thing O_o
MGS4 for Ipod Touch
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8...9848198we4.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1...jpg/1/w240.png
So this is the answer

Tornix 2008-12-17 00:51

Alright, now I'm curious as to how that will play.

IchiKyo 2008-12-17 01:35

A better scan now
This is Metal Gear Solid Touch

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/681...4401rp2.th.jpg

blitz1/2 2008-12-17 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RK- (Post 2092167)
To even compare MGS to ZoE is so disheartening. MGS is a legacy while ZoE is one of those games you rent once and forget about.

It was about time, we Zoe fans get a new game, you guys still have 4.

IchiKyo 2008-12-17 02:45

Take Ipod Touch
Take MGS4
Take MGS portable Ops

Mix

http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/z...menews/1057041
Obtain this

rainnydaiis 2008-12-22 02:13

When I heard news of a new MGS I jumped at it, and found out it was for the iTouch. Not as appealing as I thought it would be in the end.

OtseisRagnarok 2008-12-22 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainnydaiis (Post 2121406)
When I heard news of a new MGS I jumped at it, and found out it was for the iTouch. Not as appealing as I thought it would be in the end.

Yeah, a bit of a disappointment, eh?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.