AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2004 MTV Asia Awards Results (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7523)

ElvenPath 2004-02-16 11:31

2004 MTV Asia Awards Results

The 2004 MTV Asia Awards took place in Singapore at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Saturday, February 14. The ceremony was hosted by Michelle Branch and Vanness Wu.

10 Favourite Music Artist Awards from Asia:
Favourite Artist Mainland China - Pu Shu
Favourite Artist Hong Kong - Sammi Cheng
Favourite Artist India - Abhijeet
Favourite Artist Indonesia - Audy
Favourite Artist Korea - BoA
Favourite Artist Malaysia - Siti Nurhaliza
Favourite Artist Philippines - Parokya Ni Edgar
Favourite Artist Singapore - Stefanie Sun
Favourite Artist Taiwan - A*Mei
Favourite Artist Thailand - "Bird" Thongchai McIntyre

International Music Awards:
Favourite Male Artist - Gareth Gates
Favourite Female Artist - Christina Aguilera
Favourite Pop Act - Blue
Favourite Rock Act- Linkin Park
Favourite Video - Linkin Park
Favourite Breakthrough Artist - t.A.T.u

The Asian Film Award - Michelle Yeoh
The Inspiration Award - Anita Mui
The Lifetime Achievement Award - Mariah Carey
The Most Influential Asian Artist Award - BoA

Source: MTV Asia

Chiaki Nozomi 2004-02-16 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sway
10 Favourite Music Artist Awards from Asia:
Favourite Artist Mainland China - Pu Shu
Favourite Artist Hong Kong - Sammi Cheng
Favourite Artist Korea - BoA
Favourite Artist Philippines - Parokya Ni Edgar
Favourite Artist Thailand - "Bird" Thongchai McIntyre

Favourite Breakthrough Artist - t.A.T.u
The Most Influential Asian Artist Award - BoA
The Inspiration Award - Anita Mui

Source: MTV Asia

That's a mix of artists. Man, I don't get how BoA can win so many (important) awards. . . :twitch: I liked most of the artists on there (not the international list) . I'm glad Sammi won an award. She was my 'gateway' artist into Cpop. Anita Mui as well. But I think she died in Dec...? :sad: t.A.T.u. is pretty popular overseas.... weird foreigners and their pseudo lesbian fetishes. . . . ;)

kamij0 2004-02-16 21:43

anyone notice that there aint an award for being popular in japan ? I cant even get the tix to the awards, only 8000 people are allowed excluding guests...

Tboz 2004-02-17 01:51

Blah... watch it on TV and the show was pretty boring and lackluster as usual. Hell, the commitee made a very bad decision forcing us to live through exceptional long clips of prancing fairies before each nominees was announced. Frankly, I don't get them and I don't want to see them at all. :mad:

Wasn't every please with the result too. IMO, A-mei hasn't regained her old popularity since coming back from her break, I don't think she is deserving of that award which should have gone to David Tao or Jay Chou instead. And Gareth Gates? I don't see any charm in him and I thought the award should go to Justin for being the ultimate showstopper. :heh:

Others like Evanescence and Beyonce were just out of luck, I can live with that because their contenders are good too. Was really glad that I endured to the end to see the Back Eyed Peas performance... HEY MOMMA!! :p

Evan 2004-02-17 05:04

i agree the show didn't rock too much,but all the singing was power!and i find that the planning of giving boa the award after her singing was a total crap of timing!she was like...........OUTTA breath man!