AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 38 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75657)

Pellissier 2008-12-21 15:01

Soul Eater - Episode 38 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 38.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

v1cious 2008-12-22 12:33

pretty slow for the most part. Black Star fails yet again.... however as a manga reader, i'm very interested in the next episode.

Spoiler:

Kotobasuu 2008-12-22 17:21



I think that about sums up my reaction.

FlareKnight 2008-12-22 22:00

Spoiler:

Keiichi_chan 2008-12-23 16:36

Quote:

Black Star fails yet again....
You're joking, right?
Even when he loses, he loses with such flair and manliness it's hard to fault him.

lmd_84 2008-12-23 17:06

I'll be interested to see the subs in order to know
Spoiler:

Cytrus 2008-12-24 19:03

Well, Black Star lets himself get pounded into the ground because he himself no longer knows what he was trying to prove. But of course prolonging the fight at that point would have only extended his agony - he wouldn't be able to land any effective blow anymore in his state.

What I liked was changing this:

Nyges: You can't use black blade mode.
B*S: I will anyway <runs away>

to this:

Tsubaki: Nyges says you shouldn't use black blade mode.
B*S: I will anyway. It's a power I need.
Tsubaki: I know.

Kills two birds with one stone.

Girl_who_cried_gnome 2008-12-25 00:03

man-

a- i need subs
b- i need to reread this chapter
c- kid with white slits for eyes shall give me nightmares on this night of Christmas eve

ITS EASY AS ONE, TWO, THREE

lmd_84 2008-12-25 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cytrus (Post 2125715)
Well, Black Star lets himself get pounded into the ground because he himself no longer knows what he was trying to prove. But of course prolonging the fight at that point would have only extended his agony - he wouldn't be able to land any effective blow anymore in his state.

'Let' himself? Could you explain that, please?

Because the way I saw it (having seen some subs) is that Black Star lost because of his lack of confidence following recent defeats. Despite how hard he pushed himself, and how strong/fast he has become since he last challenged Kid, it wasn't enough. Kid simply overpowered him following the 'death' comment.

Black Star brought the outcome of the duel on himself by not recognising - and why would he, necessarily - the reason why he's lacking the strength he believes he should possess and the victories it would give.

True to form, Kid was initially more concerned with ending the fight for the sake of fixing the ornamental horn thing. His reaction when he wanted Black Star to back down was...interesting. It wasn't about symmetry at that point, after all.

Hir0 2008-12-25 19:44

Spoiler:

Cub-Sama 2008-12-26 01:34

Spoiler for 38:

-Sho- 2008-12-26 08:24

It was entertaining ^^
But i think Black star think too much for surpass God .... its impossible theoricaly .... if he surpass God , he surpass all the characters ...
Wow White Star looks like he's a badass !

Hisago 2008-12-26 09:34

Dang, Kid is scary when he gets serious...
Spoiler for next episode:

Sinestra 2008-12-26 09:50

Those 3 ending blows to Black Star were just horrible when Kid preform the AX kick i felt my own body cracking. Jesus i think a lot of people forget just how dangerous Kid is with his hand to hand skills. He seriously took Blackstar down but i understand why Blackstar did what he did it actually speaks a lot about his personality. I think now that hes gotten his self confidence back he could start to train a little harder to learn how to properly use the Demon Blade without destroying his body so much. White Star looked freakin bad ass with those crazy eyes its no wonder his son has talent.

next episode seems to be about Chrona i cant wait to see how that pans out.

Cub-Sama 2008-12-26 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 2127962)
Those 3 ending blows to Black Star were just horrible when Kid preform the AX kick i felt my own body cracking. Jesus i think a lot of people forget just how dangerous Kid is with his hand to hand skills. He seriously took Blackstar down but i understand why Blackstar did what he did it actually speaks a lot about his personality. I think now that hes gotten his self confidence back he could start to train a little harder to learn how to properly use the Demon Blade without destroying his body so much. White Star looked freakin bad ass with those crazy eyes its no wonder his son has talent.

next episode seems to be about Chrona i cant wait to see how that pans out.

I think those eyes are the manifestation of the Star Clan's wavelength and blood, meaning Black Star is becoming more like them in terms of wavelength and personality (desire to become the strongest). But if they were some of the strongest warriors how did Shibusen kill ninjas, won't they sen you coming? Look at how strong Black Star goes when he uses the Assassination Laws, and he is still a kid imagine his father or his clan using them! It's like the Star Clan is the Uchiha Clan of this series instead they were wiped out by Shibusen instead of a misgruntled son

Guardian Enzo 2008-12-26 13:50

"Adults remember the past fondly, and children use the future to escape." That's actually rather profound, if you think about it...

Marvelous ep, I thought. Great insight into Black Star and Kid (who are both much more interesting than the Maka/Soul pairing, frankly). Kid managed to come off as almost tender even as he was smashing Star into the pavement, amazingly. I thought we saw much more of his depth in this ep than any other.

As for B*S*, I've come to look at him as the archtypal male in many ways. He attacks (literally) every problem with the male side of his psyche - front-on assault, move forward, get stronger, kick ass or get ass kicked, dust ass off and do it again. The other side of him is still there but it's so deeply buried he never even lets it enter his equation, and only Tsubaki sees it. It seems as if his lineage reinforces this, and he needs someone to take him under his wing and guide him to the right path. But how do you do that with a guy who accepts no outside guidance? Oddly, Mifune would be the perfect sensei for B*S* - he posesses formidable power but always controls it precisely, plus he loves children and loathes the evil work he's forced to do. Could it happen?

Cub-Sama 2008-12-26 15:48

I want more insight into the Star Clan I wouldn't be surprised if to be recognized as a member of the clan, the child has to slaughter 30 people in 1 day and consume their souls.

Reincarnated 2008-12-27 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2128203)
"Adults remember the past fondly, and children use the future to escape."

...Which is very true. This is one of what I love about Soul Eater. Many meaningful advices.

Oooh gotta miss the anime. next Monday will be no episodes ;_;

FlareKnight 2008-12-27 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2128203)
As for B*S*, I've come to look at him as the archtypal male in many ways. He attacks (literally) every problem with the male side of his psyche - front-on assault, move forward, get stronger, kick ass or get ass kicked, dust ass off and do it again. The other side of him is still there but it's so deeply buried he never even lets it enter his equation, and only Tsubaki sees it. It seems as if his lineage reinforces this, and he needs someone to take him under his wing and guide him to the right path. But how do you do that with a guy who accepts no outside guidance? Oddly, Mifune would be the perfect sensei for B*S* - he posesses formidable power but always controls it precisely, plus he loves children and loathes the evil work he's forced to do. Could it happen?

Have to agree that Mifune seems to fit perfectly for a mentor/teacher to Black Star. In a sense he has taken that role in a limited fashion. Has given advice at various points adn especially when he defeated Black Star in the rematch. In terms of pointing out the necessity of understanding the other presence inside Tsubaki and to not get impatient in getting stronger. Just too bad that there is only so much that Black Star will listen to from others especially when it comes from losing to them. Do hope Mifune at some point does get a teacher position since he would do well with it. Though have to think that will come after at least one more rematch with him and Black Star.

KanaKaishou 2009-01-01 22:45

So, I noticed over the past 2 episodes that the series has taken a MUCH darker tone (where the manga is constantly aware of the humor in things). I like it. And it's not over the top with changes, too. It's subtle changes, and reasonable ones. I'm really interested to see if they can put this all together. The entire series seems to be a reflection on the razor edge between genius and madness.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.