AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 40 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76698)

White Manju Bun 2009-01-11 22:13

Soul Eater - Episode 40 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 40.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ThoHell 2009-01-12 10:49

Was waiting for this episode to be animated, actually just the trio scene with the 3 comedians. They totally burst the image that Asura suppose to have....that was a sigh part for me. Overall good episode since I got a good laugh.

The Monarch of Roses 2009-01-12 13:35

I lol'd at the interaction between Medusa and Shinigami even though I am clueless as to what was said. The Arachne X Kinshin thing was interesting albiet unexpected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoHell (Post 2156601)
. They totally burst the image that Asura suppose to have....that was a sigh part for me. Overall good episode since I got a good laugh.

What image is that? We never see him do anything outside of his debut at least not that I am aware of and he's been batshit insane since eating his partner.

ChibiGoku 2009-01-12 16:03

I'll get my thoughts on the episode later, since I really can't think up anything due to my flu, however I want to comment about the ending (and these might be some huge spoilers).

Spoiler:

I'm also getting the feeling that ending means alot more than just imagery, meaning something really bad is going to happen in the upcoming episodes...

NakedAngelX 2009-01-12 16:10

Awesome episode, the scene between Shinigami and Medusa is quite amusing. Also i like the new ending.

We get to see Kishin's face? If that person in the ED is him. Also he has quite the resemblance to HxH's spider boss.

The Monarch of Roses 2009-01-12 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiGoku (Post 2157018)
I'll get my thoughts on the episode later, since I really can't think up anything due to my flu, however I want to comment about the ending (and these might be some huge spoilers).

Spoiler:

I'm also getting the feeling that ending means alot more than just imagery, meaning something really bad is going to happen in the upcoming episodes...

Spoiler for ":

Am I the only one who finds something strange about the Kinshin's mannerisms in the ed?

~Kezia~ 2009-01-12 18:52

Spoiler for wtf!?:

ThoHell 2009-01-12 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ (Post 2157386)
Spoiler for wtf!?:

EXACTLY HUH? Disappointed, but loved the laugh I got from the threesome interaction.

Kotobasuu 2009-01-12 20:46

Given the emo op, the intense drama in the past few eps, and the fact there are dead bodies everywhere in the new ending, this is my prediction..

Spoiler for :

v1cious 2009-01-12 21:02

i'm wondering about the symbolism of Shibusen crumbling in the new ED. makes me wonder if they're planning something a bit darker for the anime ending. my biggest regret is we won't get to see everyone reach the level of power they have in the manga. i badly wanted to see
Spoiler:

~Kezia~ 2009-01-12 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotobasuu (Post 2157579)
Given the emo op, the intense drama in the past few eps, and the fact there are dead bodies everywhere in the new ending, this is my prediction..

Spoiler for :

Spoiler for ..:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 2157597)
i'm wondering about the symbolism of Shibusen crumbling in the new ED. makes me wonder if they're planning something a bit darker for the anime ending. my biggest regret is we won't get to see everyone reach the level of power they have in the manga. i badly wanted to see
Spoiler:

Spoiler for not late:

FlareKnight 2009-01-12 23:08

Should be interesting to see how it all wraps up. Getting into the last part of the series.
Quote:

Originally Posted by v1cious (Post 2157597)
Spoiler:

Yeah I know how you feel there.

Spectacular_Insanity 2009-01-13 00:37

Sorry for the stupid question, but is Soul Eater still airing at 6 PM, Mondays?

Darksong17 2009-01-13 01:44

I loved this episode.

We got Crazy!Stein, Loli!Medusa hilarity, and an awesome new ending. I'm really curious to see where Bones is going to take this, since they've obviously deviated from the manga (though they still seem to be keeping some bits in).

I don't really get why people seem to think the characters are dead in the new ending. To me it was pretty obvious that they had simply all been driven insane to the point of catatonia.

Spoiler for Speculations?:

~Kezia~ 2009-01-13 01:49

Spoiler for true:

Darksong17 2009-01-13 01:58

Spoiler for Reply to Kezia:

The Monarch of Roses 2009-01-13 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksong17 (Post 2158022)
Spoiler for Reply to Kezia:

Good point, Arachne's machine most likely made them OD on madness along with Asura's influence. Personally, I like Arachne and Asura's odd relationship, however finite it might be.

I don't think Stein and Medusa will happen though. At least not with Marie cock blocking Medusa.

Marie: Step off hussy.

Medusa: That's my man now.

Stein: *Giggles*

Darksong17 2009-01-13 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses (Post 2158042)
Good point, Arachne's machine most likely made them OD on madness along with Asura's influence. Personally, I like Arachne and Asura's odd relationship, however finite it might be.

I don't think Stein and Medusa will happen though. At least not with Marie cock blocking Medusa.

Marie: Step off hussy.

Medusa: That's my man now.

Stein: *Giggles*

No, I highly doubt Stein and Medusa will happen in the end either. I just like the pairing. It's pretty apparent that the series leans towards Stein/Marie. But, I'll enjoy every moment of crazy Stein/Medusa interaction I get >:3

The Monarch of Roses 2009-01-13 02:29

I don't blame you, but who knows? Maybe they will hook up at least for awhile.

Clarste 2009-01-13 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NakedAngelX (Post 2157031)
Awesome episode, the scene between Shinigami and Medusa is quite amusing. Also i like the new ending.

We get to see Kishin's face? If that person in the ED is him. Also he has quite the resemblance to HxH's spider boss.

We saw his face way back when he woke up. Right when he started talking to Shinigami.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoHell (Post 2156601)
They totally burst the image that Asura suppose to have....that was a sigh part for me.

Yar, needs more fear. I really can't see him trusting someone so much and so easily. Living in their castle, maybe. Touching someone? I just can't see it. I mean, this is the guy who ate his weapon in order to avoid having to trust someone else.

Although I'm still hoping for a point when Arachne says or does the wrong thing and ends up being splattered by him.