AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Toradora! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Toradora! - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=77158)

Pellissier 2009-01-21 07:02

Toradora! - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

typhonsentra 2009-01-21 10:23

I've been excited about this one all week.

maxpepper 2009-01-21 13:14

no new op /ed

thoughts about this ep? bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh............. .......


Spoiler for episode 16:

Kaisos Erranon 2009-01-21 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpepper (Post 2173299)
no new op /ed

thoughts about this ep? bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh............. .......


Spoiler for episode 16:

The scarf part was last episode, I think.

As for the rest, you just fail. You're imposing your own view of reality on a fictional series. And that's just dumb.

SageGaiGar 2009-01-21 14:19

Time to watch the raw. And yes, scarf was last episode.

vaberella 2009-01-21 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpepper (Post 2173299)
no new op /ed

thoughts about this ep? bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh............. .......


Spoiler for episode 16:

I haven't seen the ep yet, however
Spoiler:




Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2173355)
The scarf part was last episode, I think.

As for the rest, you just fail. You're imposing your own view of reality on a fictional series. And that's just dumb.

Not too dumb. From fictional series to books people always transpose their own view of reality onto fictional characters as they do to live people. So that's not so much a fail...just something people need to work on at times because it could lead at times to intolerance.

maxpepper 2009-01-21 14:35

There are 2 scarf parts.

Kaisos Erranon 2009-01-21 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaberella (Post 2173391)
Not too dumb. From fictional series to books people always transpose their own view of reality onto fictional characters as they do to live people. So that's not so much a fail...just something people need to work on at times because it could lead at times to intolerance.

People really need to work on it, especially in a series like this that relies so much on empathy to tell a story...

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxpepper (Post 2173394)
There are 2 scarf parts.

Then they probably decided they only needed one.

wistfulloner 2009-01-21 14:55

Judging from the previous episode, I though this one would be pretty lackluster, but boy oh boy was I wrong...

Spoiler for Great episode:


I feel guilty previously hoping this episode would quickly end and bring the christmas arc; it went way past my expectations for it. Music placement was pitch-perfect, and it really brought out the emotions very well especially at the parts when Sumire starts crying and when Taiga prepares to attack.

This episode deserves a 10/10 for proving how wrong my previous judgment of this episode was.

crystalalien87 2009-01-21 15:15

i saw the screenshots and im very excited to see what happens when its subbed

vaberella 2009-01-21 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by wistfulloner (Post 2173421)
Judging from the previous episode, I though this one would be pretty lackluster, but boy oh boy was I wrong...

Spoiler for Great episode:


I feel guilty previously hoping this episode would quickly end and bring the christmas arc; it went way past my expectations for it. Music placement was pitch-perfect, and it really brought out the emotions very well especially at the parts when Sumire starts crying and when Taiga prepares to attack.

This episode deserves a 10/10 for proving how wrong my previous judgment of this episode was.

I love Kanou Sumire. I loved her since she was introduced in episode 3. They don't show her alot, but when they do for me she ends up dominating the scenes. It's was great and I couldn't agree mor with everything you've said with a few exceptions. I was waiting with baited breath for this ep, since I knew it was on it's way

Spoiler:


Can you spoil me in regards to the Christmas arc?
Spoiler:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon (Post 2173397)
People really need to work on it, especially in a series like this that relies so much on empathy to tell a story...

I totally understand your point.

aliasxn 2009-01-21 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by wistfulloner (Post 2173421)
Judging from the previous episode, I though this one would be pretty lackluster, but boy oh boy was I wrong...

Spoiler for Great episode:

Really? Priceless!! This is already my favorite episode, and I haven't even seen it yet!!

ThoHell 2009-01-21 17:35

Hot damn this episode was on fire. Finally something really interesting and with progress, though I still hate the train of mentality process.

Wooden swords are interesting...no? Especially places where they can be hidden.

A lot of people seem to respect and want to be like Taiga and she doesn't even know it. She's pretty interesting, but we need more Ami.

Waven 2009-01-21 18:17

Have to agree with the votes so far, great episode, made Kitamura way more plastic than he is usually described.I also liked the ultra deformated (animation wise) facial emotions just after the fight, that's really something you can't have in the novel.

10 of 10 wooden swords ;)

Kaisos Erranon 2009-01-21 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoHell (Post 2173642)
She's pretty interesting, but we need more Ami.

Maybe YOU do...

typhonsentra 2009-01-21 18:35

Spoiler:

Mephiles 2009-01-21 18:48

Great Episode, but it would be better if they put more Ami moments.

nojay 2009-01-21 19:10

The postcard from Taiga in the epilogue had me laughing as much as Sumire was when she read it.

Spoiler for What it said...:

Tri-ring 2009-01-21 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephiles (Post 2173745)
Great Episode, but it would be better if they put more Ami moments.

Although it was small scene I think she did a wonderful job at the end whispering to Minori.
The flood of emotions were great but little hints like that with monologs that connects to the following stories makes this series what it is.

Manji Midou 2009-01-21 19:38

hmm....

What did Ami say to Minori at the end?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.