AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sasameki Koto (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78799)

Falkor 2009-03-04 21:02

Sasameki Koto
 
strange that there's no thread for this manga...

Manga by IKEDA Takashi and serialized in Comic Alive. It started as a one-shot (or it was meant to be a one-shot), but it ended up becoming serialized. Manga is on-going with 3 volumes so far. Scanlated chapters go up to 8 (2nd chapter of the second volume); the last one was released a few days back.

Coloured pages:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/877...1page02.th.jpg http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/178...01start.th.jpg

Synopsis:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
This is the story of Murasame Sumika and Kazama Ushio, two BFFs with a complicated relationship.

Sumika is madly in love with Ushio, and has been for some time; but Ushio only shows any interest in cutesy girls. Sumika, a card-carrying badass TDB who help run her family's dojo, does not fit this bill even a little. Cue angst, as she is forced to watch from the sidelines as Ushio falls for girl after girl, none of them her. However, it seems that things may take a turn for the better...

NeoSam posted something interesting regarding a possible anime adaptation for this manga. So I decided to give this title another chance, since some scanlated chapters have been available for a while.

a few comments:

* The first chapter of this manga was sleeping for one long year in my hard drive. Did I read it, did I not read it... ? Well, I took this opportunity to spend my little free time on something... was I not surprised to find myself rather pleased and delighted?
* Maybe I should tell you now: this is a yuri title, which has yuri and it deals with yuri.
* I wanted to post some of the more interesting coloured pages, but I'm afraid they would be a bit spoiler-ish.
* a good mix of yuri, comedy and drama (mostly in the first chapter).
* There was something else that I wanted to say... what was it... what was it...

darkchibi07 2009-03-04 21:39

Hey, at least you started this instead of me! I've been meaning to keep up with it regularly, but I guess I'm getting a little peeved with the usual unrequited love antics (I have Girl Friends to satisfy that necessity). Though the comedy is holding up nicely.

If this does get confirmed to be an anime series, I wonder who's going to work on it.

Falkor 2009-03-04 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkchibi07 (Post 2252239)
Hey, at least you started this instead of me! I've been meaning to keep up with it regularly, but I guess I'm getting a little peeved with the usual unrequited love antics (I have Girl Friends to satisfy that necessity). Though the comedy is holding up nicely.

If this does get confirmed to be an anime series, I wonder who's going to work on it.

...and I'm the one who is having troubles keeping up with Girl Friends... :heh: (that's what happens when you can't remember the last chapter you read and where to continue reading). I should be catching up as soon as possible, though...

oh yes, the comedy has been developing very nicely, especially on chapter 07 where I was just laughing and laughing at the rather amusing situations (but strange that it was one of the few chapters with very little yuri in it).

a studio to work on this manga...? hopefully the same people who are working on Candy Boy... :heh: and hopefully with the money to draw more frames...

risingstar3110 2009-03-04 22:50

Everyone have different opinion i guess.
Cause even when i still following, i can't stand the though: the cutest girl in there is a trap :D

Kazu-kun 2009-03-05 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 2252443)
Everyone have different opinion i guess.
Cause even when i still following, i can't stand the though: the cutest girl in there is a trap :D

He's only a minor character, and appears only in a few chapters. Besides, the fact that the main characters, and specially the protagonist (Sumika) are not that cute is kind of an unique element. You would expect a manga from Comic Alive to be all moe and bishoujo, but Sasameki Koto is not like that at all. I think that's great.

Ultenth 2009-03-17 12:46

Just announced that this is getting an anime adaptation, yay for anime adaptations of real yuri stories instead of just ones that just tease you without any real relationships.

My hope for Girlfriends or other such stories may not be in vain!

darkchibi07 2009-03-19 21:46

I'm reading a couple pages of this, and I'm starting to warm up to this series a bit more (having an upcoming anime adaptation of this certainly helped my enthusiasm :heh:).

That yuri fangirl Aoi who's also a doujin artist is awesome! :bow:

Falkor 2009-04-01 22:53

chapter 10 has been released today (or was it yesterday? :heh:)

There was something I wanted to say about chapter 9. I can't believe myself; I actually know what the pairings are about:
  • Kira X Athrun
  • Lulu X Suzaku
  • Hanai X Tajima
Spoiler for my guesses for the above pairings...:

ok, that's not really what I wanted to say... :heh: I really loved the yuri moment towards the end. It was touching and with the right amount of drama. But it's actually a bit strange how easy they understood each other even though they just met the chapter before (yeah, it's a nice setup for a yuri triangle/square); that's why I love yuri so much (the subtlety and this notion of unrequited love). oh, and the idea of yuri fes is interesting in itself (god, I wish I could go to one).

chapter 10

it sucks to be you... that's all I can say :heh:

I hope they can release the doujinshi the girls wrote (sort of like an spin-off). it would be interesting to see what these girls had in mind for the yuri fest, if you know what I mean. :P

Kazu-kun 2009-04-02 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2313996)
ok, that's not really what I wanted to say... :heh: I really loved the yuri moment towards the end. It was touching and with the right amount of drama. But it's actually a bit strange how easy they understood each other even though they just met the chapter before (yeah, it's a nice setup for a yuri triangle/square)

Sorry to break it to you but, just like Akemi (the trap), Aoi is a few-chapters character, and she's done with :heh:

Sasameki Koto is just not love-triangle material (thanks god, because I hate love triangles ^^)

Irenicus 2009-08-20 04:46

Be revived, thee who art full of yuri goodness!

Well, actually I didn't care much that this is a yuri story at all. It's a lovely manga regardless of gender. Sumika is a nice protagonist, always busy, always full of stuff in her head. Kazama develops in a different direction after her "one-shot" beginning as Miss Airhead; we the readers are witnesses to increasingly complex emotions discreetly expressed. I love how the unrequited love and Kazama's obliviousness premise turns into something much more interesting and beautiful to watch. Like, wow.

...and why did I revive it? The scanlators just finished with volume 3, that's what! The cliffhanger is on the same level as Girl Friends' heart-bending moment in making me twitch, blush, and feel a strange sensation in my heart.

I truly hope the anime does this manga justice.

Bonta Kun 2009-08-20 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2592846)
Be revived, thee who art full of yuri goodness!

Well, actually I didn't care much that this is a yuri story at all. It's a lovely manga regardless of gender. Sumika is a nice protagonist, always busy, always full of stuff in her head. Kazama develops in a different direction after her "one-shot" beginning as Miss Airhead; we the readers are witnesses to increasingly complex emotions discreetly expressed. I love how the unrequited love and Kazama's obliviousness premise turns into something much more interesting and beautiful to watch. Like, wow.

...and why did I revive it? The scanlators just finished with volume 3, that's what! The cliffhanger is on the same level as Girl Friends' heart-bending moment in making me twitch, blush, and feel a strange sensation in my heart.

I truly hope the anime does this manga justice.

Oohhh yea its a cliffhanger alright!

I love this story soooo much, I particularly liked how the 2 meet and become friends something very lovely about it.

As I said over in the anime thread I find this story much better than Aoi Hana. Aoi Hana doesn't really stick, its quite a forgetful tale, where as here it keeps me very much wanting more!

Bonta Kun 2009-12-28 03:48

gotta bump the thread!

I just read ch 25 and Akemi-chan got no luck in manga or anime:heh:

I really never expected that to happen, completely caught me off gaurd.

SnowSong 2009-12-28 13:01

Ahhh poor Akemia. I guess in a Yuri manga he has to get the short end of the stick.

Bonta Kun 2010-01-03 18:40

awww man I gone and done something I knew fine well I shouldn't have.....I went and had a look at the raws...I really really hate when I do that.

Altho I don't get what goes on it causes me to want the scans more than before, it becomes a hellish wait:upset:

well all I can say is some parts I really really really want to know whats going on!

ah yea one thing, you all have to pardon my french here but HOLY FING P******* BATMAN!
Sumi-chan is the ultimate win in ch 34, hands down the best look of any character I've ever seen ever:bow::love:

germanturkey 2010-01-08 03:55

haha.. oh Akemia... so unfortunate.

Manji Midou 2010-01-31 02:54

bump... can't believe no one is discussing such a well written yuri story. chapter 27&28 had so much emotion in them.

Irenicus 2010-01-31 03:00

I'm just waiting on the sidelines there push her down and make her yours Kazama! because at this point in the story it's really a bit difficult to discuss in a way. Such intense emotions waiting to explode into fireworks say it say it say it! if only one of them would confess what's really in their hearts.

So cruel a place to end a volume at. :(

*Whiteouted parts is Irenicus practicing yandere behavior.

Manji Midou 2010-01-31 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2892942)
I'm just waiting on the sidelines there push her down and make her yours Kazama! because at this point in the story it's really a bit difficult to discuss in a way. Such intense emotions waiting to explode into fireworks say it say it say it! if only one of them would confess what's really in their hearts.

So cruel a place to end a volume at. :(

*Whiteouted parts is Irenicus practicing yandere behavior.

lt really is... both of them are blaming themselves for what happen and are trying to get past it... but it's a bit too late the chains have been set in motion.... one of them needs to confess.... most preferably sumi as you can see ushio really is more emotionally afraid of being hated by the one she loves...

Bonta Kun 2010-01-31 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manji Midou (Post 2892947)
lt really is... both of them are blaming themselves for what happen and are trying to get past it... but it's a bit too late the chains have been set in motion.... one of them needs to confess.... most preferably sumi as you can see ushio really is more emotionally afraid of being hated by the one she loves...

This is what I think should happen, Sumi-chan should be the one confess but oddly for personal preference I want Ushio-chan to do so.
This is one of them things I don't know the reason behind the thinking but just think so.
I think I'm kinda stuck on thinking it would be typical that Sumi-chan would be the character to confess first(yet again I have no idea why-_-) so I kinda want it to be Ushio-chan.

Well I'm just eagerly waiting for the chapters to come, I still curse myself for looking at the raws:frustrated:

gotta add that this is one series where I absolutely adore the art style, pretty simply and maybe considered bland if you want, yet for me still totally great to look at.

Manji Midou 2010-01-31 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2893640)
This is what I think should happen, Sumi-chan should be the one confess but oddly for personal preference I want Ushio-chan to do so.
This is one of them things I don't know the reason behind the thinking but just think so.
I think I'm kinda stuck on thinking it would be typical that Sumi-chan would be the character to confess first(yet again I have no idea why-_-) so I kinda want it to be Ushio-chan.

Well I'm just eagerly waiting for the chapters to come, I still curse myself for looking at the raws:frustrated:

gotta add that this is one series where I absolutely adore the art style, pretty simply and maybe considered bland if you want, yet for me still totally great to look at.

l can see why you want Ushio to confess. Sumi from the start has been the one we known of her desire/love for Ushio her pain and sorrow as she saw ushio flock towards another pretty girl, so Sumi deserves to be confessed. Still, the strong one of them both is Sumi so she needs to up and confess this drama is killing me.... :heh:

lt be much harder for ushio to confess since her psyche is all messed up when it comes to love ...so she wouldn't get hurt again. To me Ushio has never really "liked" slim,small, defenseless girls, it was more of a lie she created to fool herself from what she really wanted. lf we go back to the flashback chapter of her first love....the girl looked like none of those things... she actually resembled Sumi very much.... so all this time she has been lying to herself in order for Sumi not to be disgusted at her like her first love was....

l really doubt Ushio can get past this hurdle....:(


the art style was one of the things that lured me into this series. l love it as well.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.