AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which Casting Type do you Prefer? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80454)

HayashiTakara 2009-04-11 12:18

Which Casting Type do you Prefer?

Which Casting Type do you Prefer? When the main cast is all Male, all Female, or a mixture?

I personally prefer it to be a mixture of male and female in the primary cast. If its all male, I can't help but feel "Too much Testosterone!" When its all female "Too much Estrogen!!" I just feel more comfortable when theres a balance for some reason.

OceanBlue 2009-04-11 12:31

Mix. It allows for fun character interactions, and plus, it allows for shipping.

I guess an all-female cast is okay too, though.

Kamui4356 2009-04-11 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanBlue (Post 2334632)
Mix. It allows for fun character interactions, and plus, it allows for shipping.

I guess an all-female cast is okay too, though.

Oh there can be plenty of shipping with an all/mostly male/female cast too. ;)

What I like is whatever works with the plot of the series. Sometimes mixed is best, sometimes all female, and on very rare occasions all male. Of course a series with lots of cute girls is going to be more appealing visually for obvious reasons. :heh:

Cut-Tongue 2009-04-11 20:05

Who wants a watch a show of nothing but dudes? ;)

Sonae 2009-04-11 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue (Post 2335209)

The yaoi fangirls do.

Well, I guess mixed, though mostly female depending on the circumstances doesn't bother me. And I haven't seen an all male anime yet

Kamui4356 2009-04-11 20:57

Quote:

Legend of Galactic Heroes. There were like 5 regular female characters out of a cast of dozens. Still a great series.

Proto 2009-04-11 21:06

Quote:

Legend of Galactic Heroes. There were like 5 regular female characters out of a cast of dozens.
Hundreds you mean.

Throne Invader 2009-04-11 22:30

I prefer all female. Mixed is cool too. I get bored if its all guys.

ddwkc 2009-04-12 00:14

Quote:

Besides LOGH, Cromartie High School, Akagi, Kaiji, and One Outs are pretty awesome animes with all dude (or almost) cast.

I don't care if the show is all dude, gals, cats, plants, robots, aliens, deities, etc. I only care if it's fun to watch.

Darklord_bg 2009-04-12 04:25

Quote:

I do - if it's well-made! Some great examples have already been mentioned - like Kaiji and Akagi. Also, most shounen shows have a pretty high male-to-female ratio and they are pretty decent.

I'm probably one of the few people on these forums who prefers male characters, mostly because they are much easier for me to relate to, since I am a guy. Female characters are too complicated with all their emotions and sometimes they get mad at the male hero for the stupidest reason.

In any case, I like mixed casts and all-male ones, but all-female, I cannot stand. It's just not my type of thing - I find it very hard to relate to girls at all.

HayashiTakara 2009-04-13 03:45

almost surprising to see there were votes for All Male casting

Echoes 2009-04-13 03:52

My gut instinct is to say "a mix of both, of course!", but it really depends on the series in question and its setting. I'm reminded of Aria, which has an almost exclusively female cast, and Kaiji, with an all-male cast, both rank among the best anime I've seen, so there are always exceptions.

I suppose the real answer would be that I don't really care. It's not something I ever consider as a selling point either way when I watch a series.

KimmyChan 2009-04-14 07:53

Definately a mixture of both as that would be equally as fair to the storyline then :)

The Chaos 2009-04-14 07:57

Quote:

I do !! :o

But Mix is Better :D

Jan-Poo 2009-04-14 12:29

A mix is the ideal for me, especially if both sexes are treated equally. However i don't mind an all male or all female cast if the story is good.

Statonxyb 2009-04-14 13:44

A mix of both! :>

Shadow Kira01 2009-04-14 17:33

That depends on what type of anime it is..

If its a BL anime, it is usually all-male casts.

Personally, I prefer animes with both genders.

Bonta Kun 2009-04-14 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356 (Post 2334973)
Oh there can be plenty of shipping with an all/mostly male/female cast too. ;)

What I like is whatever works with the plot of the series. Sometimes mixed is best, sometimes all female, and on very rare occasions all male. Of course a series with lots of cute girls is going to be more appealing visually for obvious reasons. :heh:

yea I have to agree here, all dpends on how its all handled and the setting.

but Mix of both is where its at:D

kk2extreme 2009-04-14 21:20

i enjoy fewer girls then guys, most of the harem lead's personality pisses me off.

Cut-Tongue 2009-04-15 02:46

Quote:

yaoi girls do :D

edit: forgot about the yaoi fanbase