AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80820)

Klashikari 2009-04-23 13:41

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

MrTerrorist 2009-04-23 13:50

Alright! VC has it's own forum! 1st ep was a rather "interesting" start. Hope to see more episodes in the future.

ZeroForever 2009-04-23 14:48

personally i remeber welkin being a air head in the game also... but this eps just took it to the extreme.

way below what i was hoping for the first eps.

Runty 2009-04-23 17:24

Finally, we get a more organized forum. Sweet.

First episode was a great introduction to the series. Beautiful animation (that's thankfully carrying over to the other episodes), and a great tsundere take on Alicia.

Here's hoping for many more good episodes.

Bonta Kun 2009-04-23 21:58

well really not much to say about ep 1 but it got off to a great start I thought, Alicia and Welkin are great.

Edgewalker 2009-05-03 20:52

Does anyone else think the animation would actually be better without the lame Ink-jet alpha channel they have going on to simulate pencil marks ? This is like shugo chara and the plaid uniforms all over again.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-05-03 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgewalker (Post 2376688)
Does anyone else think the animation would actually be better without the lame Ink-jet alpha channel they have going on to simulate pencil marks ? This is like shugo chara and the plaid uniforms all over again.

It's so far been easy for me to look past it and not care, but I do believe it doesn't capture the desired effect.

KimmyChan 2009-06-03 06:59

I give episode 1 of this series a perfect 10/10 as there was nothing I could fault about it whatsoever :)

yume2k9 2009-06-03 12:18

I just watched episode 1. And I don't know the video game but the anime seems really attractive.

But I must agree with Edgewalker with the pencil marks. When characters move, the design stay still; and it is quite disturbing.
Maybe after watching many episodes, I would not pay too much attention to that...

Woopzilla 2009-06-03 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by yume2k9 (Post 2433067)
I just watched episode 1. And I don't know the video game but the anime seems really attractive.

But I must agree with Edgewalker with the pencil marks. When characters move, the design stay still; and it is quite disturbing.
Maybe after watching many episodes, I would not pay too much attention to that...

Yea, it won't take long to get used to. It reminded me of how they did something similar in Gankutsuou, and that was far more pronounced yet easy to get used to.

Emis 2009-06-03 14:04

Hehe i wasn't disappointed one bit, thought it was great :D