AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Eden of the East (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Eden of the East - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80844)

monir 2009-04-23 13:59

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Eden of the East here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

Mystique 2009-04-23 19:18

Well Oasis released their latest album last autumn, which the OP tune is already included, so any Oasis fans can go hop off for those, or you can grab the single from Japan if it's just the OP that's catching ya.

As for the ED...

futuristic imagination(初回生産限定盤)(DVD付) [Single] [CD+DVD] [Limited Edition]
# CD (2009/5/27)
# ディスク枚数: 1
# フォーマット: Single, CD+DVD, Limited Edition

For a series that's only 11 eps, that's gonna get released around ep 8, so kinda late in my opinion :\
But it's their first official single, so I guess they're just about beginning to debut (although they've been doing small live performances for a while) but this isn't a bad beginning to their career.

Ha... ironically the OST gets released around the same time...

東のエデン オリジナル・サウンドトラック
価格: ¥ 3,059 国内配送料無料(一部例外あり) 詳細
# CD (2009/5/27)
# ディスク枚数: 1

So May 27th is the day to mark your calander peeps if you're pre ordering :)

Ottocycle 2009-04-23 23:06

Well, as for the OST, most people should know that it's the Kawai Kenji at work in this show, probably tagged along with Kamiyama for the ride. Personally I'm only hearing flashes of the brilliance he usually shows with the overt tracks, so I'm not really getting any attention from the sublime ones here.

The site BGM(background music), though has quite a good slow track, and since we've heard it in the trailer, most likely we'll get to hear it in the OST too. Even though it might not be the track's primary intention, the music puts across a certain wistfulness rather well.

Skip or finish watching the trailer to get to it. Though I'll need to warn you about clicking on the site info if you are able to read Japanese. Quite a number of spoilers there.

bkg9990 2009-04-25 01:56

I really like the OP, too bad its going to be released late in the timeline of the show.

Kazu-kun 2009-04-25 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkg9990 (Post 2361276)
I really like the OP, too bad its going to be released late in the timeline of the show.

But that's the release date in Japan. Here it's already out:

Mgz 2009-04-25 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkg9990 (Post 2361276)
I really like the OP, too bad its going to be released late in the timeline of the show.

it is also in the Oasis album "Dig Out Your Soul", released 6 October 2008

Tamad 2009-05-09 11:35

Can't wait for the release of the full ED. Honestly, I've never heard of school food punishment until now, but if all they're songs are as catchy as this one, then I say I could become quite the fan.

gameboy234 2009-05-11 05:15

ED is quite catchy. Not bad.
Does any1 else think that the name school food punishment is weird?:twitch:

Amber.Dawn 2009-05-11 18:41

School food IS pretty punishing though...

Tamad 2009-05-11 18:51

I've seen weirder band names, like Bump of Chicken.

sikvod00 2009-05-11 21:47

I can't wait until they release the full version of the ED. Very nice song.

Ottocycle 2009-05-12 05:27

Well for those waiting for the full version we have the PV to tide you over until the 27th.

Link

Though to be quite honest the full version pales in comparison to how the TV size was presented, IMO.

Haak 2009-05-12 11:00

When are osts actually released? Because I'm inetersted in hearing that song played when...
Spoiler for Episode 5:

Same_Shark 2009-05-12 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamad (Post 2385596)
Can't wait for the release of the full ED. Honestly, I've never heard of school food punishment until now, but if all they're songs are as catchy as this one, then I say I could become quite the fan.

I found a bunch of their other songs recently. They are all very catchy. The songs feedback and Egoist are pretty good.

-KarumA- 2009-05-13 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 2390871)
When are osts actually released? Because I'm inetersted in hearing that song played when...
Spoiler for Episode 5:

look up a few posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystique (Post 2358654)
Well Oasis released their latest album last autumn, which the OP tune is already included, so any Oasis fans can go hop off for those, or you can grab the single from Japan if it's just the OP that's catching ya.

As for the ED...

futuristic imagination(初回生産限定盤)(DVD付) [Single] [CD+DVD] [Limited Edition]
# CD (2009/5/27)
# ディスク枚数: 1
# フォーマット: Single, CD+DVD, Limited Edition

For a series that's only 11 eps, that's gonna get released around ep 8, so kinda late in my opinion :\
But it's their first official single, so I guess they're just about beginning to debut (although they've been doing small live performances for a while) but this isn't a bad beginning to their career.

Ha... ironically the OST gets released around the same time...

東のエデン オリジナル・サウンドトラック
価格: ¥ 3,059 国内配送料無料(一部例外あり) 詳細
# CD (2009/5/27)
# ディスク枚数: 1

So May 27th is the day to mark your calander peeps if you're pre ordering :)


Mystique 2009-05-13 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 2390456)
Well for those waiting for the full version we have the PV to tide you over until the 27th.

Link

Though to be quite honest the full version pales in comparison to how the TV size was presented, IMO.

While she may be an awesome guitarist from the way she's rocking it towards the end of the video, man, is her pronounciation horrible. :upset:
There were more parts (mainly the bridges) where it just sounds like she's mumbling or trying to speak Japanese and some other language meshed into one, egh.

And yeah, the edit for the OP definitely makes it sound catchier than the entire tune for sure, I'd rather buy the OST if it includes the 90sec OP and ED than buy their full single to be honest...

Same_Shark 2009-05-14 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystique (Post 2394120)
While she may be an awesome guitarist from the way she's rocking it towards the end of the video, man, is her pronounciation horrible. :upset:
There were more parts (mainly the bridges) where it just sounds like she's mumbling or trying to speak Japanese and some other language meshed into one, egh.

And yeah, the edit for the OP definitely makes it sound catchier than the entire tune for sure, I'd rather buy the OST if it includes the 90sec OP and ED than buy their full single to be honest...

Not a very clear reason for not liking the song, but whatever. If you think that's bad, listen to their mini-album, Riff-rain. It'll absolutely disgust you.

klare 2009-05-14 05:10

i feel the OP and ED songs are not spectacular

but the ED animation is very creative

Haak 2009-05-14 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by klare (Post 2394461)
i feel the OP and ED songs are not spectacular

As an Oasis fan, I am not happy. :frustrated:

izmosmolnar 2009-05-14 08:05

Well no wonder, since you are a Mancunian too :heh: . (Mancunian = People from Manchester)
Spoiler for bit offtopic:

Due to such bad memories, I used to skip Eden of the East opening too, even though I rather like both the music, both the design.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.