AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81631)

Pellissier 2009-05-15 01:47

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

alamarco 2009-05-15 13:32

Awesome episode.

The narrator just makes every episode just that much more enjoyable. I was disappointed when Ayumu entered the episode; ruined Hayate's night with Hinagiku. It was still pretty funny after that, but man Hayate needs some closure with Hinagiku. :)

The next episode preview was hilarious as well. Best part was the cat eyes at the end when Isumi is in the hot spring.

xellos2099 2009-05-15 14:03

Just finished it, overall an excellent episode, however, they

Spoiler for scene:

Mentar 2009-05-15 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamarco (Post 2397015)
It was still pretty funny after that, but man Hayate needs some closure with Hinagiku. :)

"Closure"??? ^_^;

This is where things are _beginning_, not ending. It's only going to get harder and harder and harder between those two. We're now in the 80es of the manga, and the latest chapter is 223, and the need for "closure" is bigger than ever *chuckle*

alamarco 2009-05-15 15:21

Well, I meant that the they need to close the deal, tie the knot, etc. Close the chapter of pretending they don't know each other's feelings and begin a relationship.

I don't read the manga so no idea where they currently are :).

Serffix 2009-05-15 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamarco (Post 2397146)
Well, I meant that the they need to close the deal, tie the knot, etc. Close the chapter of pretending they don't know each other's feelings and begin a relationship.

I don't read the manga so no idea where they currently are :).

Hina hasn't even realised yet that she's in love with Hayate, I believe it's a bit too early to alrdy put em in a relationship. It's clear that they both like each other and that there's a tension between 'em, not to mention the better mutual understanding due to having the same past, but this is still only the start ^^;

serenade_beta 2009-05-15 16:45

Another great episode! Lots of Ayumu and Hinagiku is win (for me)!

*looks at the scene with Ayumu and Hinagiku laying with Shiranui*
...
......
Let's just go with Ayumu x Hinagiku... Super dense Hayate can be along for the rest of his life. All is solved.

Haa... Especially after looking at something like Saki (keh, Gonzo...), I really appreciate the fact the entire bath screen isn't covered in fog.

Preview: ...Who is this twin-tails girl? A new character?... <--Index treatment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2397119)
"Closure"??? ^_^;

This is where things are _beginning_, not ending. It's only going to get harder and harder and harder between those two. We're now in the 80es of the manga, and the latest chapter is 223, and the need for "closure" is bigger than ever *chuckle*

The question is if the manga will even get a closure on Hayate's love life. Because if the manga-ka officially sets up Hayate with one of the characters, with no doubt, the crazy fans of the other characters will explode... And to make it worse, there will be immature fans bragging about how their character won and only fanning the fire...
And if it is Hinagiku, there are the various landmines already set thanks to the idiotic officials...

xellos2099 2009-05-15 16:48

I think it is more like Hina knew she is attracted to Hayate but a ghost from her past is making her afraid to love someone again.

Mecha_Trueno 2009-05-15 16:59

DAMMIT! Maria didn't get as much screen time as I thought she would:(
Spoiler:

Mentar 2009-05-15 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serffix (Post 2397162)
Hina hasn't even realised yet that she's in love with Hayate, I believe it's a bit too early to alrdy put em in a relationship. It's clear that they both like each other and that there's a tension between 'em, not to mention the better mutual understanding due to having the same past, but this is still only the start ^^;

That's the old "like" thing - "like" in the English meaning of the word, yes. There's an attraction between the two of them, but it's nothing like "love" or a "crush" yet, IMHO. It's not focused enough so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2397285)
Another great episode! Lots of Ayumu and Hinagiku is win (for me)!

*looks at the scene with Ayumu and Hinagiku laying with Shiranui*
...
......
Let's just go with Ayumu x Hinagiku... Super dense Hayate can be along for the rest of his life. All is solved.

You know, if the story would develop just a trace differently, I'd have no problem at all with that. But even if/since it doesn't happen, the development of the friendship between Hina and Ayumu is and remains one of the big highlights of the show for me. In several aspects, it's much more pleasing and satisfying than the romance aspects with Hayate. It will bring out Ayumu's kind and generous character beautifully.

Quote:

Preview: ...Who is this twin-tails girl? A new character?... <--Index treatment
I really had to laugh out loud at that ^_^

Quote:

The question is if the manga will even get a closure on Hayate's love life. Because if the manga-ka officially sets up Hayate with one of the characters, with no doubt, the crazy fans of the other characters will explode... And to make it worse, there will be immature fans bragging about how their character won and only fanning the fire...
Once Hayate commits, the show will be over. Simple as that. And in order to achieve that without huge civil wars (and I still believe that the mangaka WILL achieve it), it would have to become a "consentual" finish, as in that the "losing" competitors accept and actively support the final pairing. Without that, I agree - it would turn into a disaster.

Quote:

And if it is Hinagiku, there are the various landmines already set thanks to the idiotic officials...
Hm? What did you mean by that?

serenade_beta 2009-05-15 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2397331)
You know, if the story would develop just a trace differently, I'd have no problem at all with that. But even if/since it doesn't happen, the development of the friendship between Hina and Ayumu is and remains one of the big highlights of the show for me. In several aspects, it's much more pleasing and satisfying than the romance aspects with Hayate. It will bring out Ayumu's kind and generous character beautifully.

Yes, that's true.
Hina and Ayumu's interactions together are probably my favorite moments too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2397331)
as in that the "losing" competitors accept and actively support the final pairing. Without that, I agree - it would turn into a disaster

...It would be ideal if that happens, but from personal experience and looking around (even in animesuki), no way it will end peacefully... And the more readers the manga has, the less chance it has...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2397331)
Hm? What did you mean by that?

What is officially done. To put it a lot more simply, the clear favoring of Hinagiku in everything (officially). You know, it's kind of like how something is "so popular", haters appear. 110% sure that some people have ended up hating Hinagiku because of this... So we have these people that are already hating Hinagiku for the way she is treated (in real life). It wouldn't be pretty if Hinagiku wins... It already wouldn't be pretty if the fans of other characters got angry over their character's loss, but if you add in hatred for the winning character herself...
I personally don't know much about it, but that Hina birthday thing... is one example.
Another very obvious one is this season's ED. To the ever-so-loyal Hinagiku followers, it might not be anything other than a treat, but to the fans of other characters, it probably irritates them. Heck, I like Hinagiku myself, and the first time I saw that ED, I was completely horrified... Looking at it causes pure irritation even now...

Mentar 2009-05-15 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2397355)
...It would be ideal if that happens, but from personal experience and looking around (even in animesuki), no way it will end peacefully... And the more readers the manga has, the less chance it has...

If you compare HnG with other shows of the same type, I'd say that the fanbase is still fairly civil. At least, it's nothing remotely like e.g. the wars in the School Rumble threads. I believe that if it's handled properly, and a final pairing is properly developed, it could be just fine. (I'm thinking along the lines of e.g. the Love Hina ending, where everyone took part in bringing the final couple together). We'll see.

Quote:

What is officially done. To put it a lot more simply, the clear favoring of Hinagiku in everything (officially). You know, it's kind of like how something is "so popular", haters appear. 110% sure that some people have ended up hating Hinagiku because of this... So we have these people that are already hating Hinagiku for the way she is treated (in real life). It wouldn't be pretty if Hinagiku wins... It already wouldn't be pretty if the fans of other characters got angry over their character's loss, but if you add in hatred for the winning character herself...
Is it so really so bad? I dunno. First of all, there is no clear favoring of Hinagiku by "officials", unless you call Hata an "official". In S2, the absolutely _only_ form of favoritism, if you want to call it that, is the ED. The rest is 100% original story coverage, and if I may add so, the kind of stuff Hinagiku fans like me were cheated of in S1.

Quote:

I personally don't know much about it, but that Hina birthday thing... is one example.
For what? Favoritism? If so, only of the mangaka. It was interesting to note that after the first popularity poll, which Hina won with huge margin (almost as many votes for her as for places 2-4 combined), Hata noted that he never expected such an outcome. It was conducted right after the Hina birthday arc, so it might have skewed things for her a bit. But the most recent popularity poll even widened Hina's margin of victory...

I'd say one of the reason why Hina is getting a bit more storyline usage than e.g. Ayumu (though not as much as you seem to imply) is that she's arguably the most flexibly usable character in the show. She can be used for action and comedy and character development alike. Ayumu is very straightforward and barely ever wavers - which makes her a pleasing and very likable character, but at the same time also limits her scope a bit, at least in her dealings with Hayate. Which is why her relationship with Hina is much more interesting (IMHO)

Quote:

Another very obvious one is this season's ED. To the ever-so-loyal Hinagiku followers, it might not be anything other than a treat, but to the fans of other characters, it probably irritates them. Heck, I like Hinagiku myself, and the first time I saw that ED, I was completely horrified... Looking at it causes pure irritation even now...
Okay, I guess I can understand this part *lol*... but that's what I'm adding chapter marks for ^_^

Texas84 2009-05-15 21:08

Nice episode. I am rooting for "Ham-a-sta." Anxious to hear what Hina's secret is.

qwertyman 2009-05-15 23:07

I expected this episode to be better because of how much Hina/Ayumi is in it. For some reason it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be.

Barring that, next episode will have Sakuya in it, right? RIGHT!? Can't wait for some good Sakuya action.

Darknemo2000 2009-05-15 23:56

serenade_beta, if you are colling an orriginal mangaka an official then yes there is a favoritism but in anime - not that many. And as it was mentioned Hina fans were cheated in the S1.

Also do you know how many there are Hina fans and other girl fans? If Hayate chooses someone else but Hina it may end up not pretty, simply because Hina is MUCH more popular than any other girl in HnG. So what if some people started to hate her as you say? No one cares as they are a very small minority compared to the amount that loves her...

As for Mangaka's preference - yeah he does seem to prefer Hina, but can you blame it? He knows he sits on the gold mine and tries to milk it, pushing all other silver mines to the side, specially because he never expected it to be such rich goldmine to begin with.

JaLooNz 2009-05-16 01:15

I think they are overdoing the funny Izumi denial with the corresponding voice. (Maria 2x, Ayumu 1x, ...?)

serenade_beta 2009-05-16 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 2397379)
For what? Favoritism? If so, only of the mangaka. It was interesting to note that after the first popularity poll, which Hina won with huge margin (almost as many votes for her as for places 2-4 combined), Hata noted that he never expected such an outcome. It was conducted right after the Hina birthday arc, so it might have skewed things for her a bit. But the most recent popularity poll even widened Hina's margin of victory...

I'd say one of the reason why Hina is getting a bit more storyline usage than e.g. Ayumu (though not as much as you seem to imply) is that she's arguably the most flexibly usable character in the show. She can be used for action and comedy and character development alike. Ayumu is very straightforward and barely ever wavers - which makes her a pleasing and very likable character, but at the same time also limits her scope a bit, at least in her dealings with Hayate. Which is why her relationship with Hina is much more interesting (IMHO)

Hmm?... I think we might be thinking about different things?
I think you are associating what I said with the manga...
I am talking about... this:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/HiNA-%E5%88%...2456255&sr=8-4
Ah~, here is a comment that seems to be reacting according to what I was trying to say... maybe:
Quote:

きめえwwwwwwwwwwwww
はっきり言ってこれは引くwwwwwwなんていうか(ry

Ah~, reading the description a bit, I remember what stuck in my memory.
The "ヒナ祭り祭り" thing, not her birthday... The reason I had "her birthday" in my memories is something else...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 (Post 2397851)
Also do you know how many there are Hina fans and other girl fans? If Hayate chooses someone else but Hina it may end up not pretty, simply because Hina is MUCH more popular than any other girl in HnG. So what if some people started to hate her as you say? No one cares as they are a very small minority compared to the amount that loves her...

Haha~, I don't know and I'm sure you don't have an exact answer either, but I can tell there is a lot.
Like I'm trying to say(?), the point isn't the fact the people start hating Hinagiku (honestly, she's 2D...), but what those people will do. Of course, I'm talking about the extremes, so there isn't a high chance of it happening, but from time to time, I am sure we all have seen what some people will end up doing over developments to stuff (manga/games) that they don't like...
Of course, for that reason, if Hinagiku wins, there will be a lot more people celebrating, as you say... Though the thought that who Hayate ends with is determined/changed according to popularity doesn't leave me feeling good... Then again, I find it sad that if Hinagiku does win, I probably could only see that as because she is popular...
(EDIT: Coming back, what you are saying really feels like... I don't know, what I was talking about... the "Hinagiku is the most popular, so *insert event*. The rest? Who cares!"-type...)

.....................Wonder if I'm still half-asleep... Getting a bit confused over what I am writting...
Let's see, something to finish this up...
Well, as Mentar says, we'll see... The main thing for me is to see the manga actually get to that point instead of dragging it out for more and more volumes (in other words, I personally would like to see the manga end soon)... No point in worrying about something I can't control or hasn't even happened!
Ou~! <--Hah?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 (Post 2397851)
He knows he sits on the gold mine and tries to milk it, pushing all other silver mines to the side, specially because he never expected it to be such rich goldmine to begin with.

Desuyone~ <--agreeing at the obvious
.................................................. .............
...................
.............
........

DragoonKain3 2009-05-16 19:26

I think Ayumu said it best... Hayate is indeed attracted to more 'mature' women.

Now what's ironic is that both of these 'mature' women has as of now commited to rooting another person to win Hayate's heart lol.

thundrakkon 2009-05-16 19:50

Wow, after this episode, I have very much skewed in favor of Hinagiku. I loved Ayumi, too, but Hinagiku is such a better character to develop. For anyone to say that Hinagiku will "win" because of popularity is not fair.

I think that if she wins, it is because the mangaka wants her to win and intended it as such. If the writers begin to love a character as they start writing the story, they end up sometimes turning that character into the main character, like in Full Metal Panic.

Anyway, did we already find out what this "secret" that makes Hayate similar to Hinagiku is yet? I can't recall if it was ever mentioned before, or is this just a teaser for things to come?

serenade_beta 2009-05-16 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 2399301)
For anyone to say that Hinagiku will "win" because of popularity is not fair.

I think that if she wins, it is because the mangaka wants her to win and intended it as such. If the writers begin to love a character as they start writing the story, they end up sometimes turning that character into the main character, like in Full Metal Panic.

Grandmother: Life's not fair!

Yet because we don't have the ability to read people's minds, we can't know. We just end up seeing it the way we see it...
Of course (no offense), it isn't the most convincing when someone rooting for Hinagiku says it... Now if someone who hates Hinagiku (...Why do I keep typing Hinagiku as Hingaku...) says what you said, then...

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 2399301)
Anyway, did we already find out what this "secret" that makes Hayate similar to Hinagiku is yet? I can't recall if it was ever mentioned before, or is this just a teaser for things to come?

No, it was never revealed in the anime yet. But I believe there are already enough hints to get a good idea.


PS: Ayumu desu...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.