AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Punch Out!! - Wii (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81885)

Narona 2009-05-22 15:31

Punch Out!! - Wii

No thread for this game? :/

The game just got released in France. We bought it and, even if I still haven't played to it myself yet, it's awesome.

The game is beautiful even on our big TV. I love the animations and voices (Glass Joe speaks in french, haha XD)

I am currently watching my father who's playing to it right now (and even if he played to the original game, he has some difficulties right now XD)

I will try it myself later :)

Kusa-San 2009-05-22 15:39

From what I heard and read, it seems this game is really great :D 8/10 on Gamekult who is know to be one of the most severe french website about video games ! So I will buy it tommorow even if I can't play to this game for the moment (too much work :heh:)But, as soon as the holyday come, I will clearly enjoy it to the fullest :D

*watch the video*

I want this game now O_o ! But I can't play to thus game now O___o !....T____T

Narona 2009-05-22 15:43

The music/sounds/voices are so awesome :heh:

HayashiTakara 2009-05-22 16:23

Punch Out isn't Punch Out without its official theme song

Kusa-San 2009-05-22 16:31

The more I watch these videos, the more I want the game :heh: I'm torturing myself :heh: And thanks for the vid HayashiTakara :)

Sety 2009-05-22 19:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaL8HqufFI

This video should seal the deal.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2009-05-23 01:38

So, for those of you that have played this game, do you think it is better than its predecessors Punch Out and Super Punch Out for the NES and SNES, respectively? I'd like to hear your thoughts. :)

Tamad 2009-05-23 10:27

I really do want this game, but with much bigger things coming out in a week's time, I'm wondering if this really is worth the $50.

holyalexander 2009-05-23 21:41

i really love this game ever since it was released on SNES..

Windy 2009-05-23 22:59

I have this in the US and while it is truly an incredible game, I would say the price tag should be more around $35 or $40US for the amount of game content.

I felt like crying when I lost to Title Defense Glass Joe. x.x I never thought I would lose to him of all people.

To answer someone earlier's question, this game is more enjoyable than NES PO and Super Punch-Out, and has a difficulty level on par with the original (In Title Defense anyway)

Kaioshin Sama 2009-05-23 23:20

Is that Macho Man Randy Savage doing the voice of Super Macho Man?

Narona 2009-05-24 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma (Post 2412013)
So, for those of you that have played this game, do you think it is better than its predecessors Punch Out and Super Punch Out for the NES and SNES, respectively? I'd like to hear your thoughts. :)

My father, who played to all the games of the series, said that this one was his all time favorite :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamad (Post 2412514)
I really do want this game, but with much bigger things coming out in a week's time, I'm wondering if this really is worth the $50.

IMO? it really worths $50.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windy (Post 2413520)
I have this in the US and while it is truly an incredible game, I would say the price tag should be more around $35 or $40US for the amount of game content.

I felt like crying when I lost to Title Defense Glass Joe. x.x I never thought I would lose to him of all people.

To answer someone earlier's question, this game is more enjoyable than NES PO and Super Punch-Out, and has a difficulty level on par with the original (In Title Defense anyway)

I disagree. There are much more contents in this one than in the other games of the series. Don't forget that not all the people played to the other punch out games, and a lot of people will already spend quite some time in the first mode, before even starting the Title Defence Mode. There are also the challenges for every boxers. And even if the two players mode is not the best mode ever, it's still quite fun when you play with your family (like me :) )

The game is quite polished too (musics, graphics, sounds, voices, cutscenes, animations etc.)

If this game doesn't deserve to be sold at $50, then a lot of games on the three consoles don't deserve it either (and there are a lot of games that are not as good as this one).

So far, I will only complain about a few things :

- The two players mode could have been better.
- The balance board support is crap.
- I don't play Online, but I guess that some people will complain about the lack of online modes. No leaderboards either for your Times.

Windy 2009-05-25 13:34

Leaderboards are pointless when all boxers have a set minimum time that they can be beaten at. All of the top times would be that, except for cheaters of course.

But yeah, there are a lot of games on other consoles that dont deserve the top retail price tag *COUGH HEAVENLY SWORD COUGH*