AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Metal Gear Rising: Revengence! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82246)

Kyero Fox 2009-06-01 20:12

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence!
 
So it was announced by Kojima that there is a new Metal Gear game in development starring Raiden for the XBOX 360. While I don't believe he's said that it was exclusive, he did say at the press conference that it was in development for Microsoft's console.

SOURCE
The Press Conference Announcement

Kaisos Erranon 2009-06-01 20:13

My reaction to this: Woohoo!

Kid Ying 2009-06-01 20:46

My reaction to this: Jizz in my pants.

Marion 2009-06-01 21:01

URGH ANOTHER RAIDEN GAME

Well at least it doesn't star Old Snake :U Let's see how Raiden does on his own for once

GuidoHunter_Toki 2009-06-01 21:01

My reaction to this: Its about time! Contrary to a lot of negative opinions about Raiden I've heard over the years, I've always liked him as a character.

HurricaneHige 2009-06-01 21:57

Gray fox clone with a less than interesting backstory >_>

Even if it is multi i dunno if i have enough interest to get it for my PS3

u43368 2009-06-01 23:23

I'm hoping this will half as awesome as ZOE, since I think it's the closest thing we'll be getting to another ZOE game in a loooooooooong time.

Kyero Fox 2009-06-01 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion (Post 2430075)
URGH ANOTHER RAIDEN GAME

Well at least it doesn't star Old Snake :U Let's see how Raiden does on his own for once

I love it when people do that crossthrough thing ...

people need to lay off Raiden. and he would own Gray Fox.

Marion 2009-06-01 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 2430257)
I love it when people do that crossthrough thing ...

people need to lay off Raiden. and he would own Gray Fox.

|D

But in all seriousness, I think Raiden is cool.

Spoiler for MGS4:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-01 23:59

My reaction to this is that Kojima needs to stop pretending that he won't force any of this interactive movie with game segments on us anymore after completing the last one. Seriously just stop saying it's the last one unless it actually is. I just refuse to pretend that these are still good games. The first one....that was a game. Second one....also a game. By the time the 3rd run rolled around though it was just....ugh.

yezhanquan 2009-06-02 00:16

To Kojima, MGS should be dead long ago. I don't think it's him that's forcing the stuff on us, but Konami. Cash Cows are addictive.

Shinji103 2009-06-02 00:36

I'm....quite surprised that there was ever hate for Raiden. I never saw or heard of any (although that could be attributed to me not being a huge forums buff at the time), and I certainly can't see what was so bad about him. In fact, I like his character as much as Snake's and was a bit dissapointed when MGS4 didn't have much of him. (and naturally, has about two steps short of having a squealing fanboy breakdown the times that he did show up kicking arse as Cyborg Ninja Mk. III, lol) I'm all for this puppy here.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-06-02 00:44

At this point I would gladly support a Raiden based game over having to hear David Hayter's generic gruff delivery (honestly has there ever been a more overglorified voice actor for such a generic one note role?) and Snake's whole overwrought routine once again. If Snake is supposed to be dead or dying, please leave it that way. Though honestly I wonder why they can't just end the franchise. I mean yeah I know money and all, but if it's going to continue the way it's going they might as well just make it into a movie. And you know what, I'd probably go see it, because Metal Gear would almost certainly make for a great movie as opposed to the "game" they are trying to sell it as and that seems to be what Kojima wants anyway. I mean the whole bonus discs with the cutscenes reintegrated into one long movie should be a tipoff as to his true wishes.

Though one thing.....whoever writes the dialogue for these games needs to be replaced now as it's just gotten so utterly pretentious and nonsensical it makes me want to weep.

In case people didn't pick up on it, yeah I'm really off the Metal Gear franchise at the moment. Loved Twin Snakes and found Sons of Liberty decent, but it's really in need of a reboot in the worst way now.

fourtwenty 2009-06-02 01:03

Meh, haven't even finished 3 yet, 4 is waiting for me. Maybe after those I'll decide if this was a multiplat to pick it up or not.

yezhanquan 2009-06-02 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2430363)

Though one thing.....whoever writes the dialogue for these games needs to be replaced now as it's just gotten so utterly pretentious and nonsensical it makes me want to weep.

In case people didn't pick up on it, yeah I'm really off the Metal Gear franchise at the moment. Loved Twin Snakes and found Sons of Liberty decent, but it's really in need of a reboot in the worst way now.

I'm sure the Japanese fans hearing the Ohtsukas (probably the father-son team this side of the Pacific), Inoue Kikuko and Kuwashima Houko would respectfully disagree. Oh, and Fukuyama Jun. Can't forget him in 4.

Is there anyone who played and understood both versions of any MGS game, particularly 4? How does the translation stack up?

MakubeX2 2009-06-02 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2430406)
Is there anyone who played and understood both versions of any MGS game, particularly 4? How does the translation stack up?

Judge for yourself :-

俺は雷 雨の化身
I am lightning, the rain transformed...

お前も死ねない身体に?
違う!死を恐れていないだけだ
You, too... Immortal?
No. I just don't fear death.

yezhanquan 2009-06-02 01:44

Well, first example is there, although I probably would replace "transformed" with "incarnate".

Second example: Since "immortal" does imply a body that can't die...

Master Mold 2009-06-02 01:56

Yay another MGS game, I hope Ocelot is in this.

Kid Ying 2009-06-02 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2430363)
At this point I would gladly support a Raiden based game over having to hear David Hayter's generic gruff delivery (honestly has there ever been a more overglorified voice actor for such a generic one note role?).

You are (not) alone in there, Kaioshin. I think David Hayter is totally overrated. After hearing the japanese dub, hearing his gruffs makes my ears bleed. Specially in MGS3, where he gave a lesson of how to not act at all.

And he's one of the best of MGS english cast. Raiden dub is just atrocious if you compare with his japanese voice, Liquid, Solidus... All of them are nowhere near the talent of the japanese dubbers.

Not that i think MGS dub is horrible, it's fairly decent. It's only that the japanese is way better, hehe. I'm even thinking in getting the japanese version of Rising just to get rid of Raiden english dub.

About the whole game/movie, well, to be honest, i didn't get it. You liked(or at least think it's average) MGS2, when besides MGS4, he's the one with most movies and talk. I love MGS2, it's my favorite one from the series and i think most of the talk is needed for the story(except everything Rose tells you), but there's a lot of talk, much more than the 3.

Kaisos Erranon 2009-06-02 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2430293)
My reaction to this is that Kojima needs to stop pretending that he won't force any of this interactive movie with game segments on us anymore after completing the last one. Seriously just stop saying it's the last one unless it actually is. I just refuse to pretend that these are still good games. The first one....that was a game. Second one....also a game. By the time the 3rd run rolled around though it was just....ugh.

The fans won't let Kojima stop.

Also he hates everyone. Gamers in particular.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2430363)
Though one thing.....whoever writes the dialogue for these games needs to be replaced now as it's just gotten so utterly pretentious and nonsensical it makes me want to weep.

The dialogue is supposed to be pretentious and nonsensical. That's what makes it METAL GEAR?!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.