AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Legend of Dragoon (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8293)

Dark_Sun 2004-02-27 02:14

Legend of Dragoon
 
I think this game is awsome. It's a copy of final fantasy 7 but you can actually press the button while attacking to make it more powerful, i think that makes this game hella fun. I guess the story is ok, its kinda basic though.

what da u think bout dis game?

DekaMaster 2004-02-27 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
I think this game is awsome. It's a copy of final fantasy 7 but you can actually press the button while attacking to make it more powerful, i think that makes this game hella fun. I guess the story is ok, its kinda basic though.

what da u think bout dis game?


LoD is in NO WAY a copy of Final Fantasy 7. Where did you even get that idea. For starters the graphics are much better and during regular game play all the characters don't look like little popeye clones. Moving up the story,if you even think the story is like FF7's you haven't play LoD just looked at it. It is so far beyond FF7 story wise.

Dark_Sun 2004-02-27 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger
LoD is in NO WAY a copy of Final Fantasy 7. Where did you even get that idea. For starters the graphics are much better and during regular game play all the characters don't look like little popeye clones. Moving up the story,if you even think the story is like FF7's you haven't play LoD just looked at it. It is so far beyond FF7 story wise.


um...the items are alike...and the protection and shit.

and the story is saving a girl from the castle (first) and friggen revenging a friend. Also they all have there little miny stories. (lavitz) but anyway..ur thoughts are opinions. so are mine so koool it and take a deap breath

p.s. i've only played up to the second disk(the beginning of the second disk)

daliinn 2004-02-29 15:32

yeah i also agree that this game wasn't much like FF7 at all. The fighting system and ability selection were very different. I think it was more like breath of fire IV more than anything. It was still a great game though. The only problems were that they could have gone into a little more depth with the characters and the storyline. im really suprised that no one made a sequal to this game.

deathxorxdefeat 2004-03-02 04:12

I had have many times I could've bouight this game but I haven't.And even if I did,though i'm not the biggest FFVIII fan,I would probably still like fFVII more.And if in anyway it is simalar to FFVII its the same company,O.O''.I'll buy this game soon,and when i do,give m about 4-1 days and i'll tell you how long it took me to beat and with what I beat it with.Later.

-Death

Flash_Squirrel 2004-03-02 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
what da u think bout dis game?

This game is SERIOUSLY bad.
Nothing could beat this game in crappiness. I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of it. And I'm a huge fan of RPGs. 3 years in the making for Sony, huh? The slacked ALOT in those 3 years to do a game like that.

A waste of money.

AG3 2004-03-02 09:12

I thought the game was pretty bad. The battle system was less than stellar, and the story was rather shallow. I think I played about 5 hours before I gave it up. RPG is my favorite genre, but sadly, I couldn't get myself to complete it. It's not that the game is overwhelmingly bad, but with all the other RPG titles out there that I have played, LoD has NOTHING that keeps me interested in continuing playing it. Seen it all, seen it better. Most RPGs manage to get SOMETHING good enough to make you want to keep playing it, but LoD is mediocre (or worse) in just about every aspect.

Just my opinion, of course.

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG3
I thought the game was pretty bad. The battle system was less than stellar, and the story was rather shallow. I think I played about 5 hours before I gave it up. RPG is my favorite genre, but sadly, I couldn't get myself to complete it. It's not that the game is overwhelmingly bad, but with all the other RPG titles out there that I have played, LoD has NOTHING that keeps me interested in continuing playing it. Seen it all, seen it better. Most RPGs manage to get SOMETHING good enough to make you want to keep playing it, but LoD is mediocre (or worse) in just about every aspect.

Just my opinion, of course.


Would you mind listing some rpgs you think are good? If you are putting this one as bad compaired to others you have played I would like to know what they are.

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
This game is SERIOUSLY bad.
Nothing could beat this game in crappiness. I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of it. And I'm a huge fan of RPGs. 3 years in the making for Sony, huh? The slacked ALOT in those 3 years to do a game like that.

A waste of money.


Can you explain why you don't like it?

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathxorxdefeat
I had have many times I could've bouight this game but I haven't.And even if I did,though i'm not the biggest FFVIII fan,I would probably still like fFVII more.And if in anyway it is simalar to FFVII its the same company,O.O''.I'll buy this game soon,and when i do,give m about 4-1 days and i'll tell you how long it took me to beat and with what I beat it with.Later.

-Death

Doesn't really make any sense to say you would like one game more than a game you have never played.

daliinn 2004-03-02 17:08

hmm, not that many fans of lod. You also have to be aware of the time period this game came out. Back in the day this and FF7 were really the only two hot RPG's for the playstation. compared to most of the other games coming out this was a very origional rpg with awsome graphics for its day.

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by daliinn
hmm, not that many fans of lod. You also have to be aware of the time period this game came out. Back in the day this and FF7 were really the only two hot RPG's for the playstation. compared to most of the other games coming out this was a very origional rpg with awsome graphics for its day.

I disagree Suikoden,Wild Arms,Wild Arms2, Star Ocean 3 were all out around that time and all were very popular and IMO all better than FF7

AG3 2004-03-02 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger
Would you mind listing some rpgs you think are good? If you are putting this one as bad compaired to others you have played I would like to know what they are.

As I noted, this is my personal taste.

I'm a much bigger fan of Final Fantasy, because the storyline part is much more involving to me. I actually like all the PS1 Final Fantasy games, and Final Fantasy X. I dislike FFX-2 though, because it's too non-linear, the story doesn't drive you forth like the one in FFX did. It's like going around picking up bits and pieces that I don't need, and the main plot is scattered so much that I get bored between the plot pieces. It's also a bit too light-hearted for me; for someone who's looking for a love she thought dead/vanished, Yuna seems awfully calm and only very rarely concerned, and the story just wasn't "serious" enough for me (warning: grumpy old geezer alert :rolleyes: ).

I like the return of semi real-time combat, and the dress changing is a nice comeback of the FFV job system. I'm more interested in the story than the actual gameplay, though.

I like the Breath of Fire games (not so much Dragons Quarter, though) because the setting and plot is unusual, even if it has annoyingly much combat between the story events.

I like Baldurs Gate II, because it has adequate NPC interaction, a good story, and with all the mods available it can be tweaked and almost be replayed indefinitely (I like the Imoen Romance Mod from Lord Mirrabbo, despite the "siscon" criticizm some people give it :p ).

Another RPG favorite is Fallout 1 & 2. Not console style, but with hilarious dialogues, and those descriptions when you shoot someone in the groin with a shotgun or a plasma rifle just appeals to the sadistic side of me ("her childbearing days are in trouble as she collapses in a limp heap" and "She takes it like a man. That is to say, it hurts" :heh: )



I expected to like LoD, but it just didn't click. There's something about it that fails. I just can't get into the characters, because unlike the FF games, it doesn't spend time showing the characters' personalities and such, it feels too shallow, too impersonal. At least in the hours I spent playing it. I dislike the need to time the strikes in combat to fight effectively, and the battles progressed very slowly regardless of how much weaker than me the enemy was. I'm not saying LoD was awful, but it failed to appeal in any of the (for me) important parts, I couldn't find a single thing that I could latch on to, to make me continue playing. Maybe it would have gotten a little better later on, but I kinda doubt the game would suddenly become radically different after a few more hours.

Dark_Sun 2004-03-02 20:36

ohh you only played 10 minutes......well of course. The first part of the game is shit but it's better later (in my opinion of couse). The music really sux compared to ff music (which is the best game music in the world).


p.s.....i do admit the battling system IS pretty boring...but i like having to press the button for critical hits.

Dark_Sun 2004-03-02 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger
I disagree Suikoden,Wild Arms,Wild Arms2, Star Ocean 3 were all out around that time and all were very popular and IMO all better than FF7


um...not more popular than FF7..i can bet you on that one

daliinn 2004-03-02 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
um...not more popular than FF7..i can bet you on that one

yeah there isn't alot of games that can live up to FF7

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRanger
I disagree Suikoden,Wild Arms,Wild Arms2, Star Ocean 3 were all out around that time

your right these games were around at the same time and were all great games but weren't as popular. In fact most people have never even heard of Wild Arms or Star Ocean other than the hardcore RPG players.

fenrihr 2004-03-02 22:16

having never played LoD, i can't really speak much about it, however, on the others i'd have to say Suikoden 2 might be as popular as FFVII, look for a used copy of that game.

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by daliinn
yeah there isn't alot of games that can live up to FF7



your right these games were around at the same time and were all great games but weren't as popular. In fact most people have never even heard of Wild Arms or Star Ocean other than the hardcore RPG players.


sigh. I wonder where all the FF7 fans where when real rpgs were coming out on snes and genesis and sega cd. FF7 just made RPG's really mainstream and that is about all I will give it.

DekaMaster 2004-03-02 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
um...not more popular than FF7..i can bet you on that one


Maybe in sales. But alot of people that paid for FF7 don't like it.

Dark_Sun 2004-03-03 22:34

yeah alot...but most of that ppl did ;D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.