AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Love Hina and GTO manga question (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8307)

jzsuprarock 2004-02-27 05:46

Love Hina and GTO manga question

I've heard that the storyline of the manga was different from the anime, if so whereabouts eg beginning, ending, etc. And also if it is different, from what vol onwards does the storyline change??

Zephyranthes 2004-02-27 06:13

With regards to Love Hina.

For me, the manga is much better because it offered many other side events.

Basically, the anime show removed some side events and only focused on the main plot of the story. Also, the manga covered the ending for the series :)

Akageno 2004-02-27 12:28

imho at first you view anime and read manga after. like this
you'll have more enjoy from Hina.

babbito2k 2004-02-27 12:32

GTO anime compresses a lot of events, so some great things get left out. I really enjoy the manga but I didn't think the anime was anywhere near as good.

Mr_Paper 2004-02-27 12:36

Basically the animes for both series just skipped over the parts
of the mangas that were either side stories or didn't focus on
the main character(s). A shame since the side stories are very
ammusing for both series.

SoulDrinker 2004-02-27 17:44

in love hina they threw in some filler like new characters and some stuff that does nothing for the story.

jzsuprarock 2004-02-27 19:34

so what vol onwards does the two manga become different to the anime or is it like scattered al over the place

Samurai X 2004-02-27 22:28

For love hina its scattered all over the place there's basically differences from the first volume on

jzsuprarock 2004-02-27 22:37

oh ok its just that i've got the anime and i can't be bothered to buy the whole manga set. What about GTO??

babbito2k 2004-02-27 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzsuprarock
oh ok its just that i've got the anime and i can't be bothered to buy the whole manga set. What about GTO??

Same thing. They start cutting material with the very first episode. GTO is a very long manga series too...

jzsuprarock 2004-02-28 00:06

i heard from someone that the ending of the manga GTO was different from the anime as well, T/F

snoopy 2004-02-28 03:58

The GTO anime ended production before the manga was even finished, it's only natural the two would end differently.

Baba 2004-02-28 08:21

Could somone please give me the end of the GTO anime (in spoilers brackets). I own the 25 volumes of the manga,and don't have any plans to watch the anime, however I'm curious as to what kind of ending they did for it.

Motoko 2004-02-28 08:50

I read the Love Hina manga before i saw the anime. And the anime is just a compressed version of the manga, guess there would be well over a 100 episodes if they keep with the manga. But it's fun watching Keitaro getting punched animated.

jzsuprarock 2004-02-28 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba
Could somone please give me the end of the GTO anime (in spoilers brackets). I own the 25 volumes of the manga,and don't have any plans to watch the anime, however I'm curious as to what kind of ending they did for it.

i have no idea how the spoiler tag in this forum works so STOP READING IF U DNT WANT SPOILERS

Spoiler:

P.S. [spioler]This is how to use the spoiler tag, but just spell spoiler correctly :)[/spioler]

7thMethuselah 2004-02-28 17:40

The Love Hina anime pretty much follows the manga but it leaves out alot. Also some stories are changed a little (one example is the fact that Shinobu is allready in Hinata House at the start in the manga while she gets introduced in the Anime in the 2nd episode). In general the timeline is respected.

In order to appreciate the OVA and Love Hina Again it is better to have read the manga because otherwise they come dropping out of the sky and seem rather out-of-place. Also it's alot more clear who Keitaro's "girl-of-promise" is in the manga. Expect more character development in the manga as well.

About the ending: The anime ends with Love Hina Again and the ending of it is different from the one in the manga. In the manga these events take place in book nr 12. The manga continues after that (with one of the most hilarious books (nr 13) of all imo :heh:) for 2 more volumes.

PS The manga is a zillion times better then the anime and Motoko is the greatest :D !!!

Strider_Lee 2004-03-01 05:00

QUOTE from baba: "Could somone please give me the end of the GTO anime (in spoilers brackets). I own the 25 volumes of the manga,and don't have any plans to watch the anime, however I'm curious as to what kind of ending they did for it"

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzsuprarock
i have no idea how the spoiler tag in this forum works so STOP READING IF U DNT WANT SPOILERS

Spoiler:

P.S. [spioler]This is how to use the spoiler tag, but just spell spoiler correctly :)[/spioler]

Well, that is not exactly what happened, but here goes:
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if that is entirely exact, but it's late and I am tired. If anything, the manga is much better than the anime, but the anime was still great in its own way. It's just a shame that the anime was being made too fast and caught up with the manga still being made.

If anything, I really suggest that those of you who have not picked up the manga yet to go and get it. You'll like it just as much, if not better, as the anime.

jzsuprarock 2004-03-01 05:41

has tokyotop released all 25 vol

Baba 2004-03-01 08:21

I'd like to thank jzsuprarock and Strider_Lee for all this information. Indeed, the end for the manga is much much different. However, this got me interested in the anime, so maybe I'll watch it someday.

Kyuven 2004-03-01 15:13

the anime NEVER addresses anything after vol. 14
and none of the saejima chapters are animated (thank god!)
and a lot of Uchiyamada and (Mr.) Sakurai's soliloquys are cut short/not included
Miyabi also never dyes her hair in the anime (damn shame too, missed out on one of the funniest scenes i've ever seen...)
the characters don't get developed nearly as much in the anime as they do in the manga (ESPECIALLY Urumi and Kikuchi) and a few characters get replaced or don't really appear ("shark" Fukada and "cute" Fukada aren't Murai's love interests in the anime, "shark" Fukada doesn't appear til the Okinawa arc and "cute" Fukada is replaced by a typical-bitch-teenage-girl named Akane Fujita...another shame but no one would understand the "fuka" pun if it were animated anyway)
i read volume 13 waaay too many times so i could go on for hours about the differences between it and the anime equivalants :)