AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84021)

Pellissier 2009-07-17 02:32

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2009-07-17 12:45

Hai, hai, the OP/ED didn't change this week either.

Shiroth 2009-07-17 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2521419)
Hai, hai, the OP/ED didn't change this week either.

Yeah. It's getting beyond the joke now.

Good episode anyway, especially with all the Nagi service in the second half. That's all i ask for really.

xellos2099 2009-07-17 17:03

Is it confirm that season 2 will be only 26 episode? If not they could be using the new song after 26.

qwertyman 2009-07-17 19:27

Eh, was expecting a little bit more out of this episode.

Spoiler for this episode:

Mecha_Trueno 2009-07-17 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 2522114)
Eh, was expecting a little bit more out of this episode.

Spoiler for this episode:

I haven't read the manga, but that line WAS in the episode... unless you're referring to something else.

Anyway, really liked the whole Hayate x Hamster scene.

I still find the idea of 'Maria-san needs babysitting as well' freaking funny:D

qwertyman 2009-07-17 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno (Post 2522175)
I haven't read the manga, but that line WAS in the episode... unless you're referring to something else.

Anyway, really liked the whole Hayate x Hamster scene.

I still find the idea of 'Maria-san needs babysitting as well' freaking funny:D

Well... it was and it wasn't there. In the manga there's two jabs, not just one.

serenade_beta 2009-07-17 20:33

Spoiler:

Guido 2009-07-17 20:55

This is going to be a joyride to the Shimoda onsen!!

Spoiler:

Texas84 2009-07-17 22:59

Artwork was awesome this week. Hamasta suki desu.

Edge Meltdown 2009-07-18 06:22

*edit*

i see some missing parts from the manga like the one where maria and hayate played against k. segawa at ping pong i wish they put that up but o well... overall it was a good eps and next week it's this arc's conclusion and they better change teh OP & ED because its starting to get old :heh: no offense

speck123 2009-07-18 07:10

^Kotetsu's full name is a spoiler. Please edit your post.

*edit* D'oh, his surname is the spoiler, and not the first name (sorry to be a little nitpicky).

I too wanted to see the table tennis game. Would've been fun.

Trans-Fat 2009-07-18 17:32

A good episode overall, but I did wish they showed the ping pong game. Unless only due to the translation, the conversation between Hayate and Ayumu with the couples in the car was more hilarious in the manga.

Spoiler for just in case:

Episode felt a bit too fast, imo. If this anime will indeed be 26 eps, I wonder where and how they will end it.

Sackett 2009-07-18 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2522195)
Spoiler:

You do get that the "private road" thing is a censorship joke, right?

Riding double on a bike is against the law- but not if it's a private road.

Ashlotte 2009-07-18 20:00

O...k...I feel superbly confused here...Around the midpoint it seemed like everyone was still making their way to the onsen then suddenly Nagi is back at home and Maria is now at the onsen?!? I don't get how you go from Hina, Nagi, and Maria on the train headed to the same place to Nagi alone at home suddenly...Did I blank out some part here or something? :eyespin:

Other then that fine episode I suppose...

qwertyman 2009-07-18 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashlotte (Post 2523820)
O...k...I feel superbly confused here...Around the midpoint it seemed like everyone was still making their way to the onsen then suddenly Nagi is back at home and Maria is now at the onsen?!? I don't get how you go from Hina, Nagi, and Maria on the train headed to the same place to Nagi alone at home suddenly...Did I blank out some part here or something? :eyespin:

Other then that fine episode I suppose...

Notice anything different? =p

Nagi owns another mansion there, apparently. Or something to that effect.

serenade_beta 2009-07-18 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sackett (Post 2523730)
You do get that the "private road" thing is a censorship joke, right?

Riding double on a bike is against the law- but not if it's a private road.

Yeah, I know.

thundrakkon 2009-07-19 01:30

So we get to see Nagi's mom in this episode, which was nice. She appears to be Isumi's mom's sister, if the translations are correct. She also has a similar appearance to Hayate, apparently, that is why Nagi is so attached to Hayate, apparently.

Wait, so Isumi and Nagi are cousins? I always thought they were just best friends? I'm confused now...

Trans-Fat 2009-07-19 03:05

I doubt that Nagi and Isumi are related. Isumi's mom calling Nagi's mom "Onee-san or Onee-sama" is probably more out of respect (for seniority, etc) or formaility than out of blood-relatedness. It is similar to how some kids refer to older girls "Onee-san/chan/sama" even though they are not blood related to her. Nagi's attachment could also be caused by huge misunderstandings since chp.1 along with the similarities she find Hayate to have with.

Ashlotte 2009-07-19 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 2523894)

Notice anything different? =p

Nagi owns another mansion there, apparently. Or something to that effect.

Ahhh...okay...gotcha.

Episode still felt odd to me...They spent an episode and a half building up to everyone traveling to the Onsen, but in the end its just Nagi and Saku for abit before switching gears to some alien?

What was the point of showing Isumi again...Or her grandmother...Or Hina for that matter...Was this all structured the same in the Manga? It feels so completely random and disjointed to drop a plot part way through a 2-part arc to pursue some completely unrelated story...

I know I know Hayate is random, but when it comes to the story it usually keeps its ADD in-check long enough to finish telling it completely before running off to the next thing... :heh: