AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84892)

Pellissier 2009-08-06 09:28

Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season), Episode 19.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

xellos2099 2009-08-06 22:13

I wonder if we will see Vita's rocket hammer in this episode.

Midonin 2009-08-07 12:26

Recursive fictionality, over the top battles with a children's card game (though no reappearance of Hayate's other half), suspiciously familiar hammers, and a second half focused entirely on comedy. The first half also reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of the first season. I shall let the enjoyment from this one week linger as long as possible.

serenade_beta 2009-08-07 17:17

Muu... Very plain episode, in both character and story/gag. The first part was still okay, thanks to the Yugioh part, but the 2nd half got dull as the characters looked for a tsukkomi moment for the entire 2nd half...

Still... If they were going to parody that scene, I wish they also inserted in what's after.
"Mou yamete, Yuugi! Tokku ni HAGA no Life ha 0 yo!"
"HA☆NA☆SE"
Hmm... I'm sure I made a mistake somewhere... Need to re-watch that part on youtube again. Ahh... The good old Yugioh days...
*checks wiki*
Hmm, episode 162...

Ah!
*edits*
Order is wrong.
It's
Quote:

"Mou yamete, Yuugi!"
"HA☆NA☆SE!"
" Tokku ni HAGA no Life ha 0 yo!"
Nani Kanchigaeshiterunda! Mada ore no BattlePhase ha shuuryoushitenaiZE!
DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

ZUTTO ORE NO DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

qwertyman 2009-08-07 20:50

Episode was pretty eh. Only redeeming quality of it was Sakuya.

Spoiler for next ep preview:

Ottocycle 2009-08-08 02:50

I loved the gags this episode. Graf Eisen Raketenform was reproduced wonderfully. And then there is the wonderful combination of Tanaka Rie singing Fly High and Coach coming back. WANT FULL VERSION NOW.

Sakuya made the episode for me as usual. Perfect 10.

chinaboat 2009-08-08 04:28

It was wonderful watching the card game and seeing comedy that could only be done in an anime. A refreshing change from regurgitated manga

Alvord12 2009-08-08 09:27

The only parts of the show which really made me laugh was:
1. The card game :heh:
2. Nagi hammering Hayate on the head :eyespin:
Other than that, it was just a plain episode. Can't wait for next week's episode though!!

Shiroth 2009-08-09 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ottocycle (Post 2567474)
I loved the gags this episode. Graf Eisen Raketenform was reproduced wonderfully. And then there is the wonderful combination of Tanaka Rie singing Fly High and Coach coming back. WANT FULL VERSION NOW.

Sakuya made the episode for me as usual. Perfect 10.

I'm giving in a 10 just because i adore and miss these type of episodes. Such a shame we don't get more of them.

Shame i've been completely spoiled by Gintama in the card battle reference department. What we got in this episode just couldn't compare at all. Still great though.

raxel 2009-08-09 17:44

LOL omg this episode made me rofl so hard she totally stole graf eisen from vita >:O and the character cards and cosplay cards and how she turned into isumi #2 for like some couple of minutes man this episode killed me

LeaD36 2009-08-09 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by raxel (Post 2570622)
LOL omg this episode made me rofl so hard she totally stole graf eisen from vita >:O and the character cards and cosplay cards and how she turned into isumi #2 for like some couple of minutes man this episode killed me

your avatar is what´s killing me, makes me wonder if i should pick up the soul eater anime afterall, the manga´s awesome, but the anime reviews left a void in me

Sackett 2009-08-09 21:30

The card game was hilarious.

Although once again the opening....

*goes and quietly weeps in a corner*

Why? Why? I mean... when I complain that there's too much fanservice, I don't mean Isumi in the maid outfit. Stuff like that's to be expected, but the swimsuit and the bunny girl outfit. *shudder* those parts are just so out of place. And then the touching moment when Nagi's mother morphs into Hayate... right after all the boob shots, and I'm just sitting there thinking- "this Opening animation sucks so bad".

oompa loompa 2009-08-09 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2570587)
I'm giving in a 10 just because i adore and miss these type of episodes. Such a shame we don't get more of them.

Shame i've been completely spoiled by Gintama in the card battle reference department. What we got in this episode just couldn't compare at all. Still great though.

I agree, this is more of classic Hayate that got me hooked onto the show and the characters, quirky humor, combined with great funny characters. I'm giving it a 9 and not a 10 though, as I didn't like the ending. The first half was great, and as for the second half, well, more Maria and Sakuya can never be a bad thing.

On a side note, Maria may be a bit of an airhead with concern to the outside world, but isnt she the one who was the first to notice the problem between 'these two naturally empty minds?' + the fact that in reality shes a super genius. Was the second half anime only?

qwertyman 2009-08-09 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sackett (Post 2570980)
The card game was hilarious.

Although once again the opening....

*goes and quietly weeps in a corner*

Why? Why? I mean... when I complain that there's too much fanservice, I don't mean Isumi in the maid outfit. Stuff like that's to be expected, but the swimsuit and the bunny girl outfit. *shudder* those parts are just so out of place. And then the touching moment when Nagi's mother morphs into Hayate... right after all the boob shots, and I'm just sitting there thinking- "this Opening animation sucks so bad".

Actually, Sakuya wears that bunny outfit in the manga much later on... and I don't think there's a good reason for it in the manga, either.

OceanBlue 2009-08-10 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyman (Post 2571179)
Actually, Sakuya wears that bunny outfit in the manga much later on... and I don't think there's a good reason for it in the manga, either.

Unfortunately, the scenes in the opening probably won't be in the anime.

`tristan` 2009-08-10 08:59

@ oompa loompa

Second half of the episode can be read at in chapter 131

@ OceanBlue

I wouldnt say that those scenes wont be in the anime.

Spoiler:

qwertyman 2009-08-10 11:09

Sakuya doesn't wear the bunny suit during that arc, though...

RockD 2009-08-11 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by `tristan` (Post 2571808)
@ oompa loompa

Second half of the episode can be read at in chapter 131

@ OceanBlue

I wouldnt say that those scenes wont be in the anime.

Spoiler:

yeah... I got the same way of thinking...
it would be possible if this anime gonna ends in 26 episodes
Spoiler:

Mentar 2009-08-12 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2570587)

^_^

You know, it's replies like these which soothe my heart about episodes like these. In my book, it was a big waste of time. A couple of chuckles, yes, but essentially an episode like a baiser. 90% air, and a bit sweet fluff to chew on. No lasting impact or development whatsoever though.

But then again, there are people who really like this style (which particularly the second half of S1 was sporting), and if episodes like these make them happy, I guess it's a good tradeoff ;)

SaintessHeart 2009-08-12 06:32

This episode is full of fanservice if you look at the cards. Hinagiku swimsuit is just win.

Though it never crossed my mind that Sakuya can be so moe.

Spoiler for Spoiler: