AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Boarding School (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86050)

Haladflire65 2009-09-08 14:49

Boarding School
 
Okay, I've just moved into boarding school for grade 10 and I'd like to hear any advice or stories or anything fun about living in residence. I'm really nervous and kinda lost because it's my first time living away from home. It's a school in Toronto, with boarders from grade 9 to 12; there's also a day school from Junior Kindergarten. I'm really overwhelmed.

Xion Valkyrie 2009-09-08 15:27

Hmm, first thing is to try to make a lot of friends. It's going to suck if you close yourself off in the first couple of weeks and end up not knowing anyone very well. Basically, just say hello to everyone you see and don't be afraid to just stop and join in on the conversation. Everyone is new, so nobody is going to think you're nosy. Do you have roomate?

AnimeFangirl 2009-09-10 05:42

Hmm, fitting-in anxiety, eh? I had a hell of a time my first year because I hated school rules, I hated waking up early, I hated school events and I hated the seniors. Stupid, ugly, bossy numbskulls. I still don't like them. So for advice...obey all the school rules, do all your chores on time and try to get along with your seniors. >__<

"Be yourself" is cheesy advice, but in boarding school you're going to be with the people 24/7 so any fakeness will show up sooner than ketchup on a white shirt. Join clubs you're interested in, smile, be friendly, you'll be fine. Don't be too desperate to find a "clique" right off the bat, just take your time and feel out the people you really want to hang out with. The first year's the hardest, after that the time just flies.

Gin 2009-09-10 07:05

Get in a fight with someone (and win) so people will think you're cool.

leoblack9 2009-09-10 11:14

It's pretty easy in a boarding school, just join whatever activites social or not there may be. Be yourself, stay cool and you're on your way to a fun and enjoyable year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 2635882)
Get in a fight with someone (and win) so people will think you're cool.

Yep, but that attracts more fights. Not really recommend it though. Yes people will think you're cool. But it depends on how long you can hold that cool face on, before the real trouble appears. Yes, the ones with the daggers or anything dangerous.

Cipher 2009-09-11 00:47

Do a naked mile run---or anything special.


Quote:

Originally Posted by leoblack9 (Post 2636196)
Yep, but that attracts more fights. Not really recommend it though. Yes people will think you're cool. But it depends on how long you can hold that cool face on, before the real trouble appears. Yes, the ones with the daggers or anything dangerous.

I doubt it'll get to knives--if it does, just run. Keep looking for trouble though.

james0246 2009-09-11 02:16

Watch the film if...., that'll set you straight...

Gin 2009-09-11 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 2637402)
Do a naked mile run---or anything special.

I doubt a bunch of 14-15 year olds will be having a naked mile run

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 2637402)
I doubt it'll get to knives--if it does, just run. Keep looking for trouble though.

idc if some pulls a knife on me, I never back down from a fight because I'm a man and I've never been afraid of anything ever.
Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2637515)
Watch the film if...., that'll set you straight...

This is also a good movie to watch.

Cipher 2009-09-11 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 2637655)
I doubt a bunch of 14-15 year olds will be having a naked mile run

...you never know. But I was actually talking about a one person nude run---for fun.


Quote:

idc if some pulls a knife on me, I never back down from a fight because I'm a man and I've never been afraid of anything ever.
I doubt you've even experienced a real knife/gun fight. Trust me, your legs will move faster than your bravery.



Quote:

This is also a good movie to watch.
damn..rick roll'd

AnimeFangirl 2009-09-11 06:42

Most importantly don't forget that you're in school to learn. No matter what else if going on in your life don't forget to study hard and keep your grades up. You'll be grateful in 3 years time when it's time to apply to college.

Gin 2009-09-11 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher (Post 2637782)
I doubt you've even experienced a real knife/gun fight. Trust me, your legs will move faster than your bravery.

Idk if you've ever experienced sarcasm. But I do know you have experienced being rickrolled. :heh:
On a serious note, I have had a gun pulled on me, it sucks but I'm still alive today because I didn't lose my cool like your post tells me you would have. Aren't you 16? Don't pretend like you have knife/gun fight experience, I doubt you ever even held a gun irl. There are only 3 things I'm scared of: Snakes, Electricty, and Needles, or any combination of those 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorfl (Post 2637783)
Most importantly don't forget that you're in school to learn. No matter what else if going on in your life don't forget to study hard and keep your grades up. You'll be grateful in 3 years time when it's time to apply to college.

This

jamie.joaquin 2009-09-11 06:56

boarding..
 
the fun of being independent will begin..


it is a nice feeling of being far from your home because you will be learning a lot of things that you do not know before..and the FREEDOM!! heheh..


but it is sad to be alone because it will make you feel that no one is there for you when you need help..:D

Cipher 2009-09-11 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 2637796)
Idk if you've ever experienced sarcasm. But I do know you have experienced being rickrolled. :heh:
On a serious note, I have had a gun pulled on me, it sucks but I'm still alive today because I didn't lose my cool like your post tells me you would have. Aren't you 16? Don't pretend like you have knife/gun fight experience, I doubt you ever even held a gun irl. There are only 3 things I'm scared of: Snakes, Electricty, and Needles, or any combination of those 3.

It's kinda hard to detect sarcasm on forums. 16 is actually a bit late...most of the kids here experiences it 13-14. But I'll be honest, my only gun fight experiences are ones wherein people just point them and pause. Holding guns are pretty normal though..I've had three guns. They were given away. Guns are like treasure here...I don't know...everyone wants guns...they're like cars. Anyways, back to the topic, IMO what truly is important is the skill of independence and to do that, you have to try w/o advice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.