AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Battle Programmer SHIRASE (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=873)

SirJeannot 2003-11-07 05:03

bps ... a surprising anime

i started to watch it, like eh? :twitch: wtf is all that crap ... but now i feel it like an enormous joke aimed to poke us 1337 HaxX0RZ :heh: .. perhaps because the 1st eps aren't that great :o
a real opening & the recurrent events (like the sister undressing) are soooo damn phunny :)

one of those i wish it would last forever :heh:

Keitaro 2003-11-07 05:35

I find BPS interesting probably because this shows theme deals with Crackers and such. Oh boy i hope that guy BPS isnt an perveted as I think he is, wasn't that his relative when he tried to look up her skirt in episode 1 or 2. Thats nothing new thanks to Onegai Twins for that. Anyways I hope future episodes are better.

Koshiba 2003-11-07 08:07

I like this anime.. But maybe I'm just biased since I like Shirase Akira so much. ^^; lol. I thought it was interesting to see Misao from Pretty Sammy in it! o.O The opening/ending themes are good too.

Tea Pad 2003-11-07 12:51

I'm enjoying it so far as well. "Oh, it blew up." Shirase's reactions (or lack thereof) are very entertaining. And his relationship with Misao (the little girl) is definitely perplexing.

gravitation 2003-11-07 13:26

whats this anime about anyway?!

LiQuid|J 2003-11-07 13:30

animenfo.com is your friend.

Thany 2003-11-07 14:12

BPS ==> Battle Programmer Shirase
And here is the link to animenfo if you're really too lazy http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1..._programm.html

Lord Raiden 2003-11-07 16:01

still not totally sold on this anime, but being an uber nix geek myself I do like the hacker themes in it. :)

Anlushac11 2003-11-13 15:37

I dont know what to think of BPS...but I like it.

I really really like this show for some reason. Shirase's interest in young girls is distrubing but I like the show.

I also really like the OP and ED of the show.

IMHO the show is not realistic but its something about the comedy and mood of the show I think works.

What is everyones opinions?

Nagare Ryouma 2003-11-13 16:52

What's BPS?

Breogan 2003-11-13 17:03

Battle Programmer Shirase

I like it too, but I find the episodes really short, since half of the 13 minutes is gone with the OP, review of the last episodes, ED and preview of next episode :/

hentai_wolf 2003-11-13 17:13

All I can say is that Pixy Misa better make an appearance at some point in this show. If they're going to have Amano Misao in the show how can they ignore her alter-ego?

Thany 2003-11-13 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai_wolf
All I can say is that Pixy Misa better make an appearance at some point in this show. If they're going to have Amano Misao in the show how can they ignore her alter-ego?

It can also be just a coincidence for the names :)
It sometimes happens :)
Or perhaps was done on purpose?

gravitation 2003-11-13 17:28

im gonna download this anime to see what its like but
i was wondering whether i have to download all three of these? *since it says part 1,2 and 3* if so why is it in parts?

Thany 2003-11-13 17:39

It seems the anime is cut into 3 parts...
So you'll have to see 3 mini sequences of about 10 minutes each from a "We Sucks" Fansub :heh:
And I dunno why it was cut into 3 parts...

Tea Pad 2003-11-13 17:59

Seems to me the show actually airs in those little segments. I could be wrong, though.

As for the original question, I really enjoy BPS. And I agree that it's somewhat difficult to nail down what about the series and the characters is so appealing. It's an odd one, to be sure.

hentai_wolf 2003-11-13 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanosk ~ Revived
It can also be just a coincidence for the names :)
It sometimes happens :)
Or perhaps was done on purpose?

It's certainly on purpose. Both shows are AIC and they have some of the same people working on them.

Wandering_Youth 2003-11-13 19:41

It's a funny anime about a computer hacker who's hired by many different people for many reasons. Hmm, where's Koshiba? She could probably tell you more about this anime since she's such a fan of the main character. :)

Keitaro 2003-11-13 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anlushac11
I really really like this show for some reason. Shirase's interest in young girls is distrubing but I like the show.

I also really like the OP and ED of the show.

IMHO the show is not realistic but its something about the comedy and mood of the show I think works.

What is everyones opinions?

I find it distrubing also, shes got to be in junoir high, he like in his twenties or thrities. Other then that Im starting to like it, im curious about his hacker techniques very interesting indeed.

Koshiba 2003-11-14 09:18

Well.. I obviously like the show. The music is great and it's funny. ^^ The next episode looks really interesting so I can't wait.