AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Playback Help (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   directx missing files windows 7 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87695)

enzo80 2009-10-24 12:58

directx missing files windows 7

i have directx 11 installed and just started using windows 7 i keep getting this message whenever i try to reinstall the cccp program missing directx 9 biniaries even though i have directx 11 and when i choose skip it installs and works perfectly but windows 7 always ask me if i want to run the MPC program
i dont want this message to always occur how can i fix this problem

emptyeighty 2009-10-24 13:18

The CCCP installer gives you that nagscreen because starting with 2009-09-09 it uses a new video renderer, EVR-CP, which needs a certain DX9 dll that is _not_ in DX10/11. To fix this, install what the link in that nagscreen tells you to.

If you _don't_ install DX9,that's not a huge problem. The CCCP installer will then automatically _not_ use EVR-CP, but instead go for VMR7 as the older packs always did on Vista+.

Now VMR7 is not the best renderer out there, it shows visual problems for lots of people. That's why CCCP tries to use EVR-CP if possible.

Quote:

windows 7 always ask me if i want to run the MPC program
What message do you get exactly?

enzo80 2009-10-24 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by emptyeighty (Post 2726044)
The CCCP installer gives you that nagscreen because starting with 2009-09-09 it uses a new video renderer, EVR-CP, which needs a certain DX9 dll that is _not_ in DX10/11. To fix this, install what the link in that nagscreen tells you to.

If you _don't_ install DX9,that's not a huge problem. The CCCP installer will then automatically _not_ use EVR-CP, but instead go for VMR7 as the older packs always did on Vista+.

Now VMR7 is not the best renderer out there, it shows visual problems for lots of people. That's why CCCP tries to use EVR-CP if possible.

What message do you get exactly?

the annoying message "are you sure you want to open this program" whenever i click on media file that should auto open with media classic player

emptyeighty 2009-10-24 14:07

That doesn't sound like something CCCP would have anything to do with.. check your accout settings/UAC for allowing to run MPC as admin every time or so. I'm not really sure how it works on Vista/Win7 :(

Cynor 2009-10-24 17:44

Is one of the problems with VMR7 the whole picture looking all jaggy and aliased? I'm not trying to threadjack or anything but I just installed 7 too and when I started trying to play video everything looks all grainy/jaggy around the edges

Edit: Also, when I went to re-install CCCP it didn't pop up about missing the files or anything but I don't have an option for EVR-CP rendering in my player...

RayLancer 2009-10-24 18:11

You have to install DX9 if you're running Vista or 7, apparently DX9 doesn't come pre-installed on those OS. I learned this the hard way when I updated my old Dell laptop from XP to 7.

emptyeighty 2009-10-25 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynor (Post 2726530)
Is one of the problems with VMR7 the whole picture looking all jaggy and aliased? I'm not trying to threadjack or anything but I just installed 7 too and when I started trying to play video everything looks all grainy/jaggy around the edges

Can be. Depends on vidcard/driver a lot.

Quote:

Edit: Also, when I went to re-install CCCP it didn't pop up about missing the files or anything but I don't have an option for EVR-CP rendering in my player...
Then you should have the required file (unless there's a bug in the CCCP installer..). Check in CCCP's MPC-HC, right click -> Options -> Output under "DirectShow Video". If there's no pop up in the installer for you, it should be set to EVR Custom Pres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayLancer (Post 2726572)
You have to install DX9 if you're running Vista or 7, apparently DX9 doesn't come pre-installed on those OS. I learned this the hard way when I updated my old Dell laptop from XP to 7.

I think DX9 is there, just not all of it.