AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Manga for ereader (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87719)

melancholypikachu 2009-10-25 01:28

Manga for ereader

Hey guys,

I knew to this forum so excuse me if i have posted in the wrong thread. Anyway i was wondering whether anyone had any experience with manga and ereaders. I am looking at buying the recently released Sony PRS-600 ereader but the only problem is that i have a lot of manga that is two page scanlations. I need to find a program that will do large batches of splitting this two page images up into one page images. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Francis

ShootingStars 2009-10-25 02:46

PSP manga Splitter

Alchemist007 2009-10-25 05:42

While I'm not entirely sure what you're requesting. I prefer using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to view manga, just size it to what you want, use arrow keys to flip pages.

synaesthetic 2009-10-25 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 2727569)
While I'm not entirely sure what you're requesting. I prefer using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to view manga, just size it to what you want, use arrow keys to flip pages.

He's wanting to read manga on the Sony eBook reader. I kind of don't blame him, if I had one I'd want to read scanlations on it, too. The e-ink display is a hell of a lot easier on your eyes than a backlit LCD.

chikorita157 2009-10-25 12:50

It's better to convert it to PDF format since the Sony reader does support PDF files. Just use pdfcreator and make pdf files for all your images and merge them to one file and transfer.

I don't have one myself, so I don't know how well it will work.

-KarumA- 2009-10-26 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 2728080)
He's wanting to read manga on the Sony eBook reader. I kind of don't blame him, if I had one I'd want to read scanlations on it, too. The e-ink display is a hell of a lot easier on your eyes than a backlit LCD.

are the other E-readers all LCD-backlit then?
I'm thinking of buying one of those E-readers, the Sony Reader Touch Edition also seems to have a decent price
However what about the size, the ones I am seeing for 299,- Euro's are all 512 MB RAM is that similar to the amount of data it can hold?

[darkfire] 2009-10-29 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KarumA- (Post 2729567)
are the other E-readers all LCD-backlit then?
I'm thinking of buying one of those E-readers, the Sony Reader Touch Edition also seems to have a decent price
However what about the size, the ones I am seeing for 299,- Euro's are all 512 MB RAM is that similar to the amount of data it can hold?

He is talking about things other than ebook readers. Due to the nature of e-ink it is impossible to backlit it. I would get the Nook but its us only for now.

-KarumA- 2009-11-15 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikorita157 (Post 2728105)
It's better to convert it to PDF format since the Sony reader does support PDF files. Just use pdfcreator and make pdf files for all your images and merge them to one file and transfer.

I don't have one myself, so I don't know how well it will work.

question, can it also split pages?
I have a lot of scans lying around that are 2 pages next to each other, does this program have the function that you can split them when you convert to pdf?