AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Character Discussion - Nami (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8866)

scoopnokes 2004-03-06 17:59

One Piece - Character Discussion - Nami
 
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Nami related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Nami fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.


Why Won't Nami Give in to Sanji

I think Nami should give in to Sanji they will make a good couple

Alkatrazz 2004-03-06 18:05

Because she's an ice princess, is my guess.

wnkryo 2004-03-06 18:08

She probably did, who knows. Sanji might be hitting it up all the time :D

Zacron-X 2004-03-06 18:55

Sanji is the biggest pimp in the 5 oceans, he's probably had Nami and Vivi numerous times.

Vicious 2004-03-06 20:05

... huh? :twitch:
Why Nami won't give in to Sanji? Well, maybe because she isn't interested in him at all for now. If you pay attention to her tone (in the anime) and in the way she acts, she just uses Sanji.

Pretty obvious.

scoopnokes 2004-03-06 23:21

well its just a question. i like to see if they hit it off, :heh: wounldn't be funny if they had kids :heh:

Mr. Bushido 2004-03-07 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoopnokes
well its just a question. i like to see if they hit it off, :heh: wounldn't be funny if they had kids :heh:

then the episode will be full of zoro telling sanji's kid how stupid his/her dad is, then sanji and zoro fight.

Zacron-X 2004-03-07 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
then the episode will be full of zoro telling sanji's kid how stupid his/her dad is, then sanji and zoro fight.

Gotta love a winning formula :heh:

Jn183 2004-03-07 02:49

nah...Nami is still waitin' to see if Luffy would ever notice her since Luffy kept on helping her out. Once she realize that Luffy only interested in her as a friend and his real interest is in Shanks then she will turn to Sanji. Well maybe Usopp since she always seem to team up or talk to him the most..well, off the scene most of the time. Hmmm...possiblility since Usopp does help her out and give her weapons to defend herself. But I guess Nami would be let down since Usopp already had someone waiting for him. Oh, wait a min, Nami kept on messing with Zoro. There are more scene of her with Zoro than with Sanji. Sorry to ruin anyone Sanji and Nami thingy. :P

Bun-kun 2004-03-07 03:12

Sanji ownz all, but I think they use each other, hells the moment he sees another girl he off. :-D

Sethi 2004-03-07 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
... huh?
Why Nami won't give in to Sanji? Well, maybe because she isn't interested in him at all for now. If you pay attention to her tone (in the anime) and in the way she acts, she just uses Sanji.

Pretty obvious.

My thoughts exactly. :D
Besides the only person i see Nami with in the Crew has to be Luffy, i mean it's quite obvious that both of them share a special connection in the worst moments they are there for each other and both take care of one another, also Luffy seems to be the only person Nami actually listens, either they will end together or they will be Like Brother and Sister.

wnkryo 2004-03-07 09:05

Actually I think Nami is waiting for Luffy to notice her just like some one stated above. I mean come on... what girl wouldn't want a stretching penis.

Vicious 2004-03-07 09:18

Luffy noticing Nami?
No, please don't.
I don't want One Piece turning as the typical "main character- friendly girl" case in the Shonen. That's why I want Nami alone, Sanji alone, and Luffy even more alone. It would suck big time if he started dating Nami.

DwArD 2004-03-07 09:54

One thing that One Piece lack is definitely love. With all the kickass action and comedy scene, the next thing I was expecting is love. But Nami and Sanji...hhmm....aint tt guy a playboy? I definitely won't wanna see Nami with him. Luffy also doesn't seem like the type if u guys know what i mean. He just seems like those happy-go-lucky type.

scoopnokes 2004-03-07 10:14

Even so, romance is missing in this series.

soraryu 2004-03-07 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethi
My thoughts exactly. :D
Besides the only person i see Nami with in the Crew has to be Luffy, i mean it's quite obvious that both of them share a special connection in the worst moments they are there for each other and both take care of one another, also Luffy seems to be the only person Nami actually listens, either they will end together or they will be Like Brother and Sister.

I agree. Although Nami care for the members of the Straw Hat Pirates, she seems to care the most for Luffy. According to what has happened this far, the only person to have actually held Nami is Luffy - albeit Luffy had fainted by then (after captain Kuro is defeated).

Moreover, Nami seems to be able to (totally) let down her guard when she is alone with Luffy. I don't think that she will (totally) let down her guard when alone with Sanji.

Nami could be feeling that Luffy has some feelings for her as Nami is the only one who gets to wear/protect Luffy's precious Straw Hat when Luffy is in a battle (where the straw hat has some probability of being damaged).

Nami seems to treat Zorro (elder brother - dependable but can be manipulated by warrior's virtue, honour etc...), Sanji (elder brother - but fend off his advances discreetly - can be manipulated by feminine wiles/whims etc...), Usopp (younger brother - manipulated through his pride etc...), Chopper (younger brother), Robin (elder sister) accordingly.

Mr. Bushido 2004-03-07 11:45

if there is to be any romance in this anime its probable gonna involve either Nami or Zoro with a character not of the Straw hat crew. Like Zoro and Tashigi.

Jn183 2004-03-07 11:51

Just you guys wait until
Spoiler:
That will help your thirst for romance. However, as Vicious-san mentioned, I really like One Piece the way it's. No need to put in some sort of romance. If fan want to see that go watch Kimi umm..No something. :P This is more about accomplishing your dream and while you at it just sit back and relax with friend. Why need to have such complicated stuff as love? Heck, that might be why I'm so into One Piece. The series make love to be not an important thing. That might be why Sanji always fall in love but never really act serious about. Hmm.. that explain why I kept on watching One Piece sub and raw.

eLstar 2004-03-07 11:58

Sanji is better off chasing every girl rather then sticking with one.

Vicious 2004-03-07 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by soraryu
I agree. Although Nami care for the members of the Straw Hat Pirates, she seems to care the most for Luffy. According to what has happened this far, the only person to have actually held Nami is Luffy - albeit Luffy had fainted by then (after captain Kuro is defeated).

Moreover, Nami seems to be able to (totally) let down her guard when she is alone with Luffy. I don't think that she will (totally) let down her guard when alone with Sanji.

Nami could be feeling that Luffy has some feelings for her as Nami is the only one who gets to wear/protect Luffy's precious Straw Hat when Luffy is in a battle (where the straw hat has some probability of being damaged).

Nami seems to treat Zorro (elder brother - dependable but can be manipulated by warrior's virtue, honour etc...), Sanji (elder brother - but fend off his advances discreetly - can be manipulated by feminine wiles/whims etc...), Usopp (younger brother - manipulated through his pride etc...), Chopper (younger brother), Robin (elder sister) accordingly.

Of course they like each other. But like friends, not like lovers at all.
Nami is very grateful to Luffy for him helping her beat Arlong and free Kokoyashi Village. She trusts Luffy like no one.
Also, Luffy didn't show any "stronger feelings" for Nami. He cares equally for all of his friends, he doesn't consider one "better than the other one". And no, he doesn't love Nami at all. Nor does Nami love Luffy. And it would suck if they end up as lovers at the end IMO.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.