AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 35 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89136)

White Manju Bun 2009-12-05 22:28

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 35 Discussion/Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 35.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

mageormike 2009-12-06 03:26

Wow, that was a really high tension episode with lots of new information to absorb.

Especially liked the final scene, but what a horrible place for a cliffhanger XD

GaimeGuy 2009-12-06 04:25

just out of curiosity, what did it end on? (place in spoilers for non-manga readers who don't know what happens :P )

Vlyse 2009-12-06 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaimeGuy (Post 2804736)
just out of curiosity, what did it end on? (place in spoilers for non-manga readers who don't know what happens :P )

Spoiler for ep 35 cliffhanger:


Good cliffhanger, imo.

Shiroth 2009-12-06 04:33

Yeah it's a good cliffhanger. I expected they'd end the episode on that.

Vicious108 2009-12-06 11:06

People complained about the way last week's episode ended and I thought it was awesome. This week though people seem to like it yet it sounds kinda weak to me.

The final scene of chapter 67 would've been a better cliffhanger IMO.

Haladflire65 2009-12-06 12:31

Great episode, with all the tension and the cliffhanger. My only complaint is that their repeating of the soundtrack reallly jarred me in this particular episode... Please, new music! Please! It's on freakin episode 35!

Vicious108 2009-12-06 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2805217)
Great episode, with all the tension and the cliffhanger. My only complaint is that their repeating of the soundtrack reallly jarred me in this particular episode... Please, new music! Please! It's on freakin episode 35!

Couldn't agree more. A Briggs/Olivier Theme is the least they could do, goddamnit.

But yeah, good episode, albeit not as good as it could have been. Some skipped dialogue here and there, and god the animators couldn't draw Olivier to save their lives in this episode. Same with Kimblee, who never looks half as cool as he does in the manga.

See you next time, Goldtooth, indeed.

K_Babyy 2009-12-06 14:34

I've noticed the outdated bg music as well, maybe it will change after the new OP and ED are aired, which is coming up soon, I believe.

Ah, Goldtooth haha, nice to see him finally make his debut, though we won't be seeing much more of him for a longgg time.

Overall, this was a great episode, I'm loving every minute of Briggs. =]

chaos_alfa 2009-12-06 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Babyy (Post 2805409)
I've noticed the outdated bg music as well, maybe it will change after the new OP and ED are aired, which is coming up soon, I believe.

Ah, Goldtooth haha, nice to see him finally make his debut, though we won't be seeing much more of him for a longgg time.

Overall, this was a great episode, I'm loving every minute of Briggs. =]

Goldtooth has already appeared earlier, in King Bradley's flashback.

velocd 2009-12-06 15:20

Great episode.

What did the flashback guy from episode 1 have to say that made Ed surprised? (Haven't watched a sub yet).

Quote:

and god the animators couldn't draw Olivier to save their lives in this episode.
Eh? I think she looks spot on from the manga. You're gonna have to cite a comparison.

Shiroth 2009-12-06 16:27

It doesn't make any sense why we're not getting any new music, because as it stands there's no way near enough material for a second soundtrack. :(

Vicious108 2009-12-06 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocd (Post 2805468)
Great episode.

What did the flashback guy from episode 1 have to say that made Ed surprised? (Haven't watched a sub yet).



Eh? I think she looks spot on from the manga. You're gonna have to cite a comparison.

Forget the comparison, just look at this shot:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...EMIST2009-.jpg

That's way too ugly, damnit.

velocd 2009-12-06 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2805643)
Forget the comparison, just look at this shot:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...EMIST2009-.jpg

That's way too ugly, damnit.

Meh, I did find shot odd but that was about it.

Haladflire65 2009-12-06 21:28

^ I kinda agree with Endless Twilight; I keep finding Olivier ugly, especially in that screencap... Maybe it's the lips...

Sackett 2009-12-06 21:50

Very well done cliffhanger. My cousin love Fullmetal Alchemist, but she's too busy with school to watch since... oh before the Lust - Mustang fight. I've been telling her "Armstrong's Sister" is going to be one of her favorite characters- this episode is going to be so well received...

Vicious108 2009-12-06 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2806038)
^ I kinda agree with Endless Twilight; I keep finding Olivier ugly, especially in that screencap... Maybe it's the lips...

I've never had any problem with her appearance, lips included, in the manga though. I mean obviously she's not supposed to be an incredibly beautiful and feminine woman, but a tough looking one, and the character design shows and accomplishes that just fine.

But unfortunately I feel the animators in this episode couldn't bring said character design to life properly in this particular episode. She looked fine in 34 though.

Krazzy Angel 2009-12-06 23:20

Doesn't olivier have a mole? I didn't see any in the anime.

Vicious108 2009-12-06 23:21

Yeah that too. It was missing in most of her shots.

They get Ed's little scar that almost nobody notices right, but forget about Olivier's mole. Wtf.

K_Babyy 2009-12-07 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos_alfa (Post 2805421)
Goldtooth has already appeared earlier, in King Bradley's flashback.

Ah, you're right, I completely forgot about that. Plus, I didn't even notice Olivier's missing mole and I've been reading the manga for years. >_>


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.