AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei: Maasaki Yuasa does noitamina! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89263)

7Th 2009-12-10 22:04

Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei: Maasaki Yuasa does noitamina!
 
Nodame's follow-up has been announced, and it's going to be directed by the Maasaki Yuasa! Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei will be an adaptation of the Tomihiko Morimi novel of the same name. Character design will be by Yusuke Nakamura, who does the cover art for the Asian Kung-Fu Generation CDs.

Fevvers 2009-12-11 03:50

Does that mean I won't have to fear plotting incoherency?

Still, very excited just because a badly done Yuasa show is still heck a lot better than the tons of drivel we've had the previous seasons.

ArabianSwan 2009-12-11 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 2814345)
Nodame's follow-up has been announced, and it's going to be directed by the Maasaki Yuasa! Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei will be an adaptation of the Tomihiko Morimi novel of the same name. Character design will be by Yusuke Nakamura, who does the cover art for the Asian Kung-Fu Generation CDs.

Top that with MADHOUSE production ^__^ this recipe makes me really hungry :hyper-^v^::hyper-^v^:

TheFluff 2010-01-22 18:32

this is going to be the best show of spring, but nobody will watch it

White Manju Bun 2010-01-25 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7Th (Post 2814345)
Nodame's follow-up has been announced, and it's going to be directed by the Maasaki Yuasa! Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei will be an adaptation of the Tomihiko Morimi novel of the same name. Character design will be by Yusuke Nakamura, who does the cover art for the Asian Kung-Fu Generation CDs.

I love the character design and of course biased to Noitamina in the first place. Will keep this on my radar.

Kanon 2010-01-27 14:03

Maasaki Yuasa + Noitamina = must watch. Sadly it's probably true that almost nobody will watch it.

Crontica 2010-01-28 13:01

With deigns like that it'll be miracle if i do watch it. Noein was the limit on how badly they could sacrifice art stability.

Zu Ra 2010-01-30 01:05

Though never was into Nodame , this caught my interest . Mainly due to its niche art work (Reminded of XXXHOLiC) and slice of life settings . Will give this a try and see if it is to my liking : )

SneakerPimp 2010-02-21 08:38

Trailer: http://www.manganimation.net/news/20...masaaki-yuasa/

Weils 2010-02-21 09:23

From ANN:

Opening theme: "Koinu to Ame no Bīto (迷子犬と雨のビート; Stray Puppy And The Beat Of Rain)" by Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Ending theme: "Kami-sama no Iu Tōri (神様のいうとおり; As God Dictates)" by Junji Ishiwatari & Yoshinori Sunahara + Etsuko Yakushimaru

Cast:
Maaya Sakamoto as Akashi
Shintaro Asunuma as "I" (Watashi)
Hiroyuki Yoshino as Ozu
Junichi Suwabe as Jōgasaki
Keiji Fujiwara as Higuchi
Yuko Kaida as Hanuki

Kanon 2010-02-21 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp (Post 2925917)

As expected of Masaaki Yuasa, the art is very special. Most people are going to get turned off once again.

Maaya Sakamoto? Yet another reason to watch this.

MidnightReverie 2010-02-21 13:53

I must say the way they presented the trailer with the use of AR markers at the press conference was pretty cool. :heh: Link for those interested (starts from 4:00).

solomon 2010-02-21 22:44

Must see easily.

I couldn't deal with Kaiba, Yuuasa's art house tendencies ran rampant with that one.

Still Kemonozume and MindGame I love because despite all the craziness, the shows are grounded with real genuine emotion. I expect this for this show given that it's about kids in college. His visual stylings need no introduction.

Can't wait.

Kaoru Chujo 2010-02-26 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 2926913)
Must see easily. I couldn't deal with Kaiba, Yuuasa's art house tendencies ran rampant with that one.

Still Kemonozume and MindGame I love because despite all the craziness, the shows are grounded with real genuine emotion. I expect this for this show given that it's about kids in college. His visual stylings need no introduction. Can't wait.

The problem for me wasn't the art, it was the writing. I'll have to give Kemonozume and Mindgame more of a chance, since you say there is real emotion there.

The problem I see here is that the writer is Uezu Makoto (School Days, etc.). I just hope that the original novel is better than Uezu and more grounded than Kaiba.

I take Yuuasa seriously. I just haven't been able to get through to anything genuinely human. I admit it may be my fault. I hope this is when I get it.

Excellent cast. And I'm happy it's set in Kyoto.

epl 2010-03-26 17:55

New Yojou-han PV is posted on the noitamina website

http://noitamina.tv/

Looks pretty good. Can't wait til this airs.

7Th 2010-03-26 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by epl (Post 2974440)
New Yojou-han PV is posted on the noitamina website

http://noitamina.tv/

Looks pretty good. Can't wait til this airs.

Expectations were blown away! Looks incredible!

bateszi 2010-03-27 07:43

Yup, after the first trailer I wasn't so sure, but this second one is really the Yuasa-brand of awesome; particularly liked the scene with the fireworks, vibrant and full of life. Also, really excited about the fact I have absolutely no idea where this series is going to go.

Joojoobees 2010-03-27 18:38

I agree. The first trailer cut too much up to get a sense of how the actual show would come across. In a word the intense visuals looked "garish". This new trailer, by using more extended sequences, gives a much better sense of what the real viewing experience will be like. Still intense, but I can imagine making sense of it, and enjoying it. I really liked Mind Game, so I'm on for this one.

SeijiSensei 2010-04-16 07:37

Like House of Five Leaves, Youjo-han has been licensed for streaming by Funimation and will appear on its site. The first simulcast will appear a week from today.

I wonder if this represents some sort of commitment to Noitamina by Funi or just a one-off deal. Most Noitamina shows remain unavailable and largely unknown in R1 because few of them have gotten licensed. I find it remarkable that successful franchises like Nodame or shows like Mononoke which had strong Japanese DVD sales never appeared in R1.

Will Funi simulcast the live-action Moyashimon that is coming up this summer? They've shown more interest in licensing J- and K- dramas recently.

White Manju Bun 2010-04-16 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 3006372)
Like House of Five Leaves, Youjo-han has been licensed for streaming by Funimation and will appear on its site. The first simulcast will appear a week from today.

Added the little red L to the thread, thanks for the info.

Quote:

I wonder if this represents some sort of commitment to Noitamina by Funi or just a one-off deal. Most Noitamina shows remain unavailable and largely unknown in R1 because few of them have gotten licensed. I find it remarkable that successful franchises like Nodame or shows like Mononoke which had strong Japanese DVD sales never appeared in R1.

According to recent twitter posts by Funi, it seems theyre digging anything noitaminA at the moment. Because of this Im truly hoping they license Mononoke sooner then later.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.