AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (Psychic Detective Yakumo) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89835)

LKK 2009-12-29 10:34

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (Psychic Detective Yakumo)
 
The seinen novel series Shinrei Tantei Yakumo (Psychic Detective Yakumo) by Manabu Kaminaga is scheduled to get an anime adaptation in the fall of 2010 according to the January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine. Tomoyuki Kurokawa will direct the overall series, while Hiroyuki Kawasaki will supervise the series' scripts. Bee Train is producing the anime. [Source]


The series follows Yakumo, a young man who can see the spirits of dead people. He uses this ability to help solve murder cases.



Shinrei Tantei Yakumo has had several adaptations including a CD drama, a live action adaptation, and two separate shoujo manga adaptations.

The first manga adaptation drawn by Ritsu Miyako was a two volume set.



The second manga adaptation is drawn by Suzuka Oda and is currently running in Asuka magazine. One compiled volume has been released.

Spoiler for second manga adaptation cover:


Anime series' official web site

White Manju Bun 2009-12-29 12:11

WHY YES ILL BE WATCHING THIS!!

Hopefully Ill get around to reading the manga first XD But man Suzuka Oda's art for the 2nd manga is hot!! Of course I'm biased to her since I love her KHR doujins <3

Considering how Sensei and Sage see the comparisons to this and Ghost Hunt if I wasn't watching this I'd be kicked out of class XD

MidnightReverie 2009-12-29 12:42

I'm all over this (and Shiki too). :D

According to the official website it will run for 13 episodes. Enough to adapt a book or two?

Oda Suzuka's art is hot indeed, but I find Suzuki Yasushi's novel cover illustrations the best. They're so pretty and stylish.

LKK 2009-12-29 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightReverie (Post 2843470)
According to the official website it will run for 13 episodes. Enough to adapt a book or two?

The first two-volume manga adaptation covered 3 story arcs. Those arcs were likely from 3 books, I guess. I could easily see 13 episodes covering those 3 stories. (3 eps, 3 eps, & 4 eps.) (4 eps, 4 eps, & 5 eps) For now, that's my guess as to what's going to be covered.

PreSage 2009-12-30 13:40

I AM SO WATCHING THIS just to oggle Yakumo...erm I mean for the great plot. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2843435)
Hopefully Ill get around to reading the manga first XD But man Suzuka Oda's art for the 2nd manga is hot!! Of course I'm biased to her since I love her KHR doujins <3

Considering how Sensei and Sage see the comparisons to this and Ghost Hunt if I wasn't watching this I'd be kicked out of class XD

Oda's art for Yakumo is hot! But the first manga artstyle wasn't bad either. I like them both but I wonder which artstyle the anime will use? If they're not using the original novel then I'm guessing it will probably be Oda's character designs.

Sensei will definitely kick you out of her class if you don't watch. :heh: I have my own portable T.V. to watch in detention. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightReverie (Post 2843470)
According to the official website it will run for 13 episodes. Enough to adapt a book or two?

Aww, is that all? :( I was hoping for at least 26 episodes. ;____;

This image of Yakumo from the original novels is nice too...more realistic and a bit darker than the manga versions.

Hopefully we'll get a bit more of the romance where GH lacked. :heh:

...and another scary doll episode??? :twitch: Anyone planning on watching this in the dark? :eyespin:

Thanks for creating this thread, LKK. :cool:

LKK 2009-12-30 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreSage (Post 2845174)
Oda's art for Yakumo is hot! But the first manga artstyle wasn't bad either. I like them both but I wonder which artstyle the anime will use? If they're not using the original novel then I'm guessing it will probably be Oda's character designs.

My first guess would be that they're going with the novel illustration style since they used a novel cover for their preliminary web site image.

Quote:

I have my own portable T.V. to watch in detention. :p
Hand it over, missy. :mad:
Shouldn't you know by now not to brag about your detention contraband?

Quote:

Aww, is that all? :( I was hoping for at least 26 episodes. ;____;
Well, it's been known to happen that a second cour is announced during the first cour's run. So here's hoping that'll be the case this time.

Quote:

This image of Yakumo from the original novels is nice too...more realistic and a bit darker than the manga versions.
I think that different art reflects the difference in intended audiences between the novels and the manga. Seinen versus shoujo.

Quote:

Hopefully we'll get a bit more of the romance where GH lacked. :heh:
Unfortunately with only 13 episodes scheduled, I'm not holding my breath for this. I don't think there will be enough time in the leads' relationship for any romance to develop.

Quote:

Thanks for creating this thread, LKK. :cool:
You're welcome. :)

MidnightReverie 2009-12-30 14:51

Those three stories were actually in the first book. Here's my guess if they choose to do two books.

Novel 1: 2-2-3 eps
Novel 2: 6 eps

I nabbed some images from the author's official website. The novels have covers by two different illustrators. Akatsuki Katoh for the Bungeisha edition and Suzuki Yasushi for the Kadokawa Shoten edition.





ps. pd_yakumo @ LJ exists :cool:

totoum 2009-12-30 17:35

According to ANN Bee Train will be in charge of the animation and there's two staff members who are known

Director: Tomoyuki Kurokawa (only other directorial work is the "Murder Princess" OAV,though he's been involved in quite a few other Bee Train Projects)


Series Composition: Hiroyuki Kawasaki

White Manju Bun 2009-12-30 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreSage (Post 2845174)


Oda's art for Yakumo is hot! But the first manga artstyle wasn't bad either. I like them both but I wonder which artstyle the anime will use? If they're not using the original novel then I'm guessing it will probably be Oda's character designs.

Id fall over dead if they used Oda's art but since only 1 vol of her vers is out I bet they either use the novel or the completed manga. btw have you seen her Mukuro???

Quote:

...and another scary doll episode??? :twitch: Anyone planning on watching this in the dark? :eyespin:
.....oh dear :uhoh:

Avira 2009-12-30 18:38

Hm sounds interesting. I loved Ghost Hunt and this sounds similar..

Can't ignore the guy either :love:

LKK 2009-12-30 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightReverie (Post 2845275)
Those three stories were actually in the first book. Here's my guess if they choose to do two books.

Novel 1: 2-2-3 eps
Novel 2: 6 eps

[snip]

I nabbed some images from the author's official website. The novels have covers by two different illustrators. Akatsuki Katoh for the Bungeisha edition and Suzuki Yasushi for the Kadokawa Shoten edition.
ps. pd_yakumo @ LJ exists :cool:

I didn't know that about the books. It's been hard for me to find out information about the novels since I have to rely on Google (etc.) translations which drive me crazy. So thanks for the info.

Thanks also for the pics and the LJ information!

Zu Ra 2010-01-01 15:00

This anime seems to have lot in common with my fave genre of animes . But the covers sorta scare me away . Is this in any way BL , need to know ? ^^

PreSage 2010-01-01 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zu Ra (Post 2848422)
This anime seems to have lot in common with my fave genre of animes . But the covers sorta scare me away . Is this in any way BL , need to know ? ^^

Which cover gave you the idea that this series is BL? :eyebrow: If you think that other character is a guy, you're wrong; it's a girl. This is a seinen series, and it's similar in concept to Ghost Hunt, if you've seen that.

Short answer to your question: No, it's not BL.

On another note, it seems that Yakumo will draw in the audience the way Naru did for Ghost Hunt. :heh:

Zu Ra 2010-01-01 15:20

All of them :heh: ...... I been following this genre from quite a long time . But thanks though on the enlightenment regarding Seinen : D

IMO reminds me more of Kindaichi Case Files more so the LVA

Sakuya 2010-01-03 03:00

Wow, this sounds awesome. I really enjoyed Ghost Hunt. By the way, the novel covers remind me so much of Naru from GH. :heh:

PreSage 2010-01-03 13:10

If you think those covers remind you of Naru, check this other one by Ritsu Miyako in the first manga adaptation:

Spoiler for save space:

White Manju Bun 2010-01-03 18:43

@Zu Ra maybe cuz Suzuka Oda draws BL doujins you were confused?? :heh:

@Sage in that pic both could easily pass for Naru and Mai, its scary.

Sakuya 2010-01-03 18:48

Wow! Now I want a sequel of GH in their older years! :heh: Nah, I'm pretty sure I will enjoy watching this.

GDB 2010-01-03 18:52

I'm really hoping this is an actual adaptation and not some sort of continued story like the live-action series was. I really want to see the first case (from the manga, anyway) animated.

Also, personally, I preferred the first manga's art to the more recent one. Haruka was more attractive.

PreSage 2010-01-04 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2851614)
@Sage in that pic both could easily pass for Naru and Mai, its scary.

That pic is the reason I got into STY in the first place. At first I thought it was a doujin of Naru and Mai - aaand...so I dug further and found Yakumo. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 2851629)
I'm really hoping this is an actual adaptation and not some sort of continued story like the live-action series was. I really want to see the first case (from the manga, anyway) animated.

Also, personally, I preferred the first manga's art to the more recent one. Haruka was more attractive.

I think the anime will be an adaptation and not a continuation - it would make little sense if it was a continuation. :eyebrow:

I have to agree with you on Haruka. Miyako's character design for Haruka is more mature and prettier than Oda's Haruka, who looks more like a high school senior than a University student. But I've only seen the first chapter, so maybe Oda's Haruka will grow on me. But if the anime went with Miyako's character design...I'd get too much of a GH vibe and that's not good either. :heh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.