AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 575 (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=91463)

marvelB 2010-02-15 01:43

One Piece - Chapter 575 (manga)
 
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.





Looks like we've got another early spoiler on our hands! ;) Of course, I once again have to stress that there's currently no guarantee that this is legit, but since most of these spoilers have turned out to be true so far, I'm giving it a shot:



-Chapter title is "Anger without words".

-Luffy is in a state of total shock as a result of Ace's death. Akainu takes this opportunity to attack him, but he gets intercepted by Marco. Whitebeard, who was witnessing the event, also attacks Akainu, although he's silent about it. It seems that he actually takes down the admiral in two attacks, the second one being powerful enough to damage the HQ itself, as well as the admiral.

-It looks like our old friend Blackbeard is somewhere nearby, enjoying the show. It seems that in addition to Shiryuu, he's joined by 3 legendary prisoners from Impel Down, as well as another mysterious character. Teach then says that he's glad that he arrived in time to witness old man Whitebeard's death.......



Well now, if this is true, then this chapter sounds like a winner, already! As I figured, Luffy is in no state to fight back right now, though I'm a bit surprised to learn that Akainu is taken out rather quickly. Blackbeard gathering this Impel Down prisoners is no surprise, though I wonder who that fifth new arrival may be. Well, we just gotta wait for the pics to confirm the spoiler now.....



By the way, there won't be a chapter next week, since Oda's taking a well-deserved break. :)

james0246 2010-02-15 01:52

this could be a legit spoiler. Which begs the question of just what possessed Blackbeard to walk into this den of snakes (wait, that's not right...)? There are still several thousand, if not tens of thousands, of marines, not to mention Sengoku and the various Vice-Admirals as well as the other Admirals, and of course, there is Whitebeard and his gang. Honestly, this seems like a very silly move.

Whatever the case, I can't wait to see who has joined Blackbeard's crew. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope and pray for Catarina Devon to be a member of the crew :).

And, of course, Whitebeard destroying Akainu so effortlessly is the bees knees.

C.A. 2010-02-15 01:55

Seems like Blackbeard's crew is now as large as Luffy's, Oda is probably preparing to have them all face off one on one in the future.

marvelB 2010-02-15 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2915922)
this could be a legit spoiler. Which begs the question of just what possessed Blackbeard to walk into this den of snakes (wait, that's not right...)? There are still several thousand, if not tens of thousands, of marines, not to mention Sengoku and the various Vice-Admirals as well as the other Admirals, and of course, there is Whitebeard and his gang. Honestly, this seems like a very silly move.



Well, Blackbeard's technically still a Shichibukai, isn't he? He hasn't "officially" renounced his position like Jinbei has, so it's sort of possible that the marines may still recognize him as an ally......



Quote:

Whatever the case, I can't wait to see who has joined Blackbeard's crew. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope and pray for Catarina Devon to be a member of the crew :).

Yeah, she should be one of them, along with "Giant Battleship" San Juan Wolf and "Big Drunk" Basco Shot (just mentioned the names again in case anyone else forgot the legendary prisoners Iva had mentioned in Impel Down). I'm also quite interested in learning who that fifth person may be......



Edit: Looks like the summary was confirmed to be legit! In that case, I eagerly await seeing the pics of Blackbeard's new homies! :D

striderm 2010-02-15 02:09

Hopefully they would all be just as oversized as BB's team members.

james0246 2010-02-15 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2915928)
Well, Blackbeard's technically still a Shichibukai, isn't he? He hasn't "officially" renounced his position like Jinbei has, so it's sort of possible that the marines may still recognize him as an ally......

How could they after he attacked Impel Down? Or, if they haven't heard of Blackbeard's betrayal (which is possible, considering that the comm station was destroyed by Bon Clay), they would distrust him for abandoning his post (he was suposed to be fighting against Whitebeard) or simply arriving with such well known criminals.

side thought: It would be cool if Blackbeard came to the battle/war to turn in his formal registration to Sengoku :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2915928)
Yeah, she should be one of them, along with "Giant Battleship" San Juan Wolf and "Big Drunk" Basco Shot (just mentioned the names again in case anyone else forgot the legendary prisoners Iva had mentioned in Impel Down). I'm also quite interested in learning who that fifth person may be......

Fisher Tiger :).

Yeah, San Juan Wolf and Basco Shot were the only other big name criminals mentioned to be residing in Level 6, so it stands to reason that they would be the most likely contenders (along with Catarina ) for Blackbeard's crew...still, all I care about is Catarina :).

marvelB 2010-02-15 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2915940)
How could they after he attacked Impel Down? Or, if they haven't heard of Blackbeard's betrayal (which is possible, considering that the comm station was destroyed by Bon Clay), they would distrust him for abandoning his post (he was suposed to be fighting against Whitebeard) or simply arriving with such well known criminals.


Well, he could always use the excuse of fetching reinforcements..... whom would just so happen to be a group of legendary criminals, that's all. :p




Quote:

Fisher Tiger :).

What, so Ace's death means that flashback characters have permission to rise from the grave, now? :heh:



Anyway, speaking of the fifth person, I notice quite a few at AP are speculating that it may be Roche Tomson (the name of a level 5 prisoner that appears on a prisoner list in chapter 536). I guess it's possible, but.... eh. I'd kinda prefer to see someone who's completely new (I.e. someone we've never seen or heard of before)......

seiji_kun 2010-02-15 02:30

After reading there was going to be a break, I did thougth it would be one hell of a cliffhanger to finally throw in BB. But just seems so predictable to throw in BB with those prisoners that everyone expected him to recruit to do probably the final blow that everyone expected him to do. Still Apprentice been putting out early spoilers the last couples of weeks so I don't doubt it'll be legit even if it is a BB spoiler.

Still, you're to late WB. Finally you decide to take out Akainu who screwed you over with Squadd... If you'd only managed to do it earlier, you could've prevented Ace's death. Kind of hope BB fails to kill WB cause I want WB to survive just so he hasn't completely lost this war.

And I wonder if the WG will be hostile towards him. I don't think they'll just laugh away the fact that he went to recruit some lvl 6 prisoners. That seems a serious reason to cancel his shichibukai title and throw those ex prisoners back in prison and BB along with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2915954)
What, so Ace's death means that flashback characters have permission to rise from the grave, now? :heh:

Lets make it Saul then :D . Since the man did had a high chance on surviving. He can be Robin's opponent for when the strawhats face of against the BB pirates. (j/k)

khoa1708 2010-02-15 02:37

Akainu gets taken out in 2 hits??? is that it? no big fight scenes or nething?

james0246 2010-02-15 02:44

Here's hoping Blackbeard doesn't steal Luffy's bounty increase...

marvelB 2010-02-15 02:47

^Nah, that's Buggy's job. :cool: Blackbeard's just there to kick back and enjoy the show, mark my words. ;)

Kafriel 2010-02-15 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoa1708 (Post 2915962)
Akainu gets taken out in 2 hits??? is that it? no big fight scenes or nething?

This is an all-out war, not a tournament...I actually prefer the fights to be short and meaningful, that way everyone gets some panel time and do something important too. Imagine how many chapters the war would be if every clash was 1~3 chapters long :O

mugenTaichou 2010-02-15 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 2915973)
This is an all-out war, not a tournament...I actually prefer the fights to be short and meaningful, that way everyone gets some panel time and do something important too. Imagine how many chapters the war would be if every clash was 1~3 chapters long :O

Yeah, that's true. thank god is not bleach-like fight. :heh:

khoa1708 2010-02-15 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 2915973)
This is an all-out war, not a tournament...I actually prefer the fights to be short and meaningful, that way everyone gets some panel time and do something important too. Imagine how many chapters the war would be if every clash was 1~3 chapters long :O

well... that is true... but still... longer than just 2 hits...

james0246 2010-02-15 03:10

^Something serious needed to happen to Akainu in this chapter, and Whitebeard delivered. This is an instance where a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" type of fight is more than agreeable, especially considering that the fans would have rioted without Akainu being given a good one-two.

marvelB 2010-02-15 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2915985)
I don't quite understand this statement. Why does it say three prisoners and another one? Should't this additional person be a prisoner as well? The only other possibility should be that it was a jailer, since BB shouldn't have had enough time to go somewere else and there probably weren't many visitors in ID. So why the need for emphasizing this person?


Eh, that's how the original summary was posted. For all we know, Blackbeard could have picked up the fifth dude right there on the battlefield or something.....



However, the fifth guy being Bon Clay is an interesting theory. Still, that would probably mean that Blackbeard curbstomped Magellan despite nearly getting killed by him before Luffy and co. escaped. :p





Anyway, as far as Akainu goes, even if Whitebeard schooled him this chapter, I'm quite certain that the admiral isn't down for the count just yet. Hell, I'm actually kinda expecting him to jump right back up and (almost literally) bite Whitebeard in the ass next chapter.......

seiji_kun 2010-02-15 03:17

Seeing Akainu get beaten will feel good and if he didn't get even the slightest beating people would've been left unsatisfied and would've probably needed to wait for years and years when Luffy does finally face of vs Akainu and is able to hit him. But kind of seems just a repeat of what happened against John Giant. Still can't wait till he get pummeled over and over bye Luffy one day, just like BB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 2915985)
I don't quite understand this statement. Why does it say three prisoners and another one? Should't this additional person be a prisoner as well? The only other possibility should be that it was a jailer, since BB shouldn't have had enough time to go somewere else and there probably weren't many visitors in ID. So why the need for emphasizing this person?

BTW, would be nice, if one of those turns out to be a transformed Bon Clay, using the chance to flee.

It's emphasized cause the three others we know of seeing Iva mentioned them. Basco Shot, San Juan Wolf and Catherina Devon. The fourth is just a complete mysterious beeing known nothing of. Though I do think it's just an other prisoner.

SMASHERJACKSON 2010-02-15 04:35

hmm still not sure bout these spoilers, guess ill need to wait for scans for confirmation but if true then i guess blackbeards a real cunt, though despite his words i wonder if hes there battle WB or not - either way at least akainu was put in his place.

also interested to see what the prisoners can do.

ZGoten 2010-02-15 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 2915925)
Seems like Blackbeard's crew is now as large as Luffy's, Oda is probably preparing to have them all face off one on one in the future.

I so hope you're right. I'm already looking forward to Zorro vs. Biso..I mean Shiryu.

andy 2010-02-15 05:31

BB coming so late in the game i wonder what he going to do .
WB taking down akainu should be awesome.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.