AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 50 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92434)

White Manju Bun 2010-03-28 00:05

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 50 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 50.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Shiroth 2010-03-28 04:43

Olivier easily had the best scenes in this episode, though the return of [spoiler]Maria Ross and Jean Havoc was very nicely handled[/i]. Music placement was seriously great as well for this episode.

Haladflire65 2010-03-28 08:55

Oh, my, god, this episode was epic. The music sounded great, and I liked that track that played for the preview, too. They pretty much did justice to the coup d'etat, I think, and Olivier's scenes were awesome... It's building up nicely to the climax of the climax :)

Arabesque 2010-03-28 09:27

Nothing but praise from me, this episode really made me even more excited for the ending.

Olivier/10 (though Havoc's return was equally great)

quigonkenny 2010-03-28 10:26

Great episode, but I think the best part is the last few seconds of the preview for the next episode... ^_^

kitten320 2010-03-28 11:35

BWAH! No way 0_0
Olivier VS Sloth next week?! For real?!

I though it would be only in next 2-3 episodes!
I'm so excited for the next week!

P.S. Just in case it isn't spoiler, this info is fom preview.

EDIT: I wonder why did they make for that silver haired guy to run out of office before getting shot... that looked random... I mean how the hell did he get there when Olivier was holding a gun right next to his head?
I think she should shoot him at place right like in manga...

xellos2099 2010-03-28 12:12

Sloth fight will take quite a while to finish as you can tell, there will be three fight going on at the same time.

kitten320 2010-03-28 12:36

Yeh I know, it also took a lot of time in manga too. But for the begining of the fight to be so soon really was unexpected for me.

DeX-kun 2010-03-28 15:39

What an amazing episode:

Spoiler for Episode 50:

xellos2099 2010-03-28 15:44

O yeah, at 7:08, did u guys notice the glowing pairs of eyes behind brig's soldier?

Haladflire65 2010-03-28 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by xellos2099 (Post 2977061)
O yeah, at 7:08, did u guys notice the glowing pairs of eyes behind brig's soldier?

Yeah, I was wondering what that was, but I was guessing it was Izumi :heh:

Shiroth 2010-03-28 16:04

Two new pieces of music this week is a good sign of a third soundtrack happening eventually. I especially adored the piece used for Ross and Havoc's return. Talk about damn epic.

I forgot to say it before, though this episode easily get's a 10 from me.

FlareKnight 2010-03-28 18:54

I still find it weird that Al doesn't go and pick up his head. Even if Pride seemingly is trapped it's pretty weird to let him continue banging on the head.

Things are moving along nicely. Great to have Ross and Havoc come back into these events. Definitely good to have their assistance since Mustang can only do so much on his own without massacring the enemies.

Just like the differences showed in Mustang and Olivier's methods. The guys fighting against Mustang better be grateful since they would be dead if they fought against the Briggs soldiers.

Definitely fun to watch these events unfold.

Freakyfeline 2010-03-28 19:08

Awesome episode

The fact that Mustang and his team turned against the whole army it's just awesome XD

Moroever I'm glad that Havoc and maria ross are back xD, and Olivia kicks ass as always xD

And I found hohenheim's line ' An old man like me would prefer to be alone with a young girl' amusing, I never thought he'd would be the type of say something like that XD

Vicious108 2010-03-28 19:09

Olivier definitely stole the show here, as expected.

I wish they'd shown her face when she was going on about not being a soft hero like the hero of Ishval though, instead of that guy's panicked face.

Other than that and Ed's scene not being nearly as funny as in the manga, it was pretty great. The music impressed me particularly. Great placement and new songs to boot. The one used for Ross and Havoc's return was top tier.

It's a bit sad that anime-only watchers have no idea who the guys who are helping Mustang are though.

Preview = hell yes. Next episode should be even more awesome.

DeX-kun 2010-03-28 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2977289)
It's a bit sad that anime-only watchers have no idea who the guys who are helping Mustang are though.

Which guys are you referring to? The ones that saved Mustang in the beginning of the episode?

Haladflire65 2010-03-28 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeX-kun (Post 2977322)
Which guys are you referring to? The ones that saved Mustang in the beginning of the episode?

Yeah, led by this guy whose name I forgot.

It's a lot cooler to know who they are... but anime-only watchers don't :( It makes Mustang all the more admirable.

DeX-kun 2010-03-28 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2977349)
Yeah, led by this guy whose name I forgot.

It's a lot cooler to know who they are... but anime-only watchers don't :( It makes Mustang all the more admirable.

Ah, I see. Does someone mind filling me in? Just a quick overview of who they really are. I'm interested, I honestly didn't pay much mind to them although it was a nice way to save Mustang. If I were to guess, I would say they were a part of the Ishbalan (don't know if I spelled that right) Massacre or something related to that?

Unless the anime plans to reveal who they are later on, but it seems like a lot of action is coming up so I'm not sure they will.

Haladflire65 2010-03-28 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeX-kun (Post 2977376)
Ah, I see. Does someone mind filling me in? Just a quick overview of who they really are. I'm interested, I honestly didn't pay much mind to them although it was a nice way to save Mustang. If I were to guess, I would say they were a part of the Ishbalan (don't know if I spelled that right) Massacre or something related to that?

Unless the anime plans to reveal who they are later on, but it seems like a lot of action is coming up so I'm not sure they will.

Their identity isn't really that spoilerific or anything, so might as well tell you :)

Spoiler:

DeX-kun 2010-03-28 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haladflire65 (Post 2977381)
Their identity isn't really that spoilerific or anything, so might as well tell you :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Mustang: