AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I need a suggestion :) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92462)

valkyrist 2010-03-29 05:13

I need a suggestion :)

Hey guys! :)

I've watched animes like Ouran HSHC, Suzuka and Fruits Basket.
I love romantic animes with a pinch of drama and comedy.
But what I love about them is that they make me cry. Haha.
I'd love to watch more now that it's summertime, but I can't seem to choose any.
I'm afraid that the ones that I'll pick won't be worth my time. :(
So please, please, help me.
I need a few suggestions on animes that can crush my heart. Haha. :( :(
I'd really be happy and thankful!

^o^

Haak 2010-03-29 05:32

For Romcoms with some drama there's Cross Game (Just ended. You'll be getting a load of recommendations for this one), Toradora and Honey & Clover

For a pure drama romance that'll crush your heart, I recommend 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Nowusee 2010-03-29 07:29

Bitter virgin is all depressing stuff... but still good...

SeijiSensei 2010-03-29 07:45

Give Nodame Cantabile a try. There are two sequels, and a couple of live-action versions, as well.

I think you'd also be a good candidate for Saiunkoku Monogatari. The first season is licensed; the second is fansubbed.

bateszi 2010-03-29 07:46

Lovely Complex is a really happy-going, sweet rom-com about a small boy and a tall girl. It feels very shoujo too, in the same way that Fruits Basket feels shoujo. :)

valkyrist 2010-03-29 09:48

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ^o^

I'll give them a try~

Sackett 2010-03-29 10:15

Maison Ikkoku is a good choice.

As is Cross Game.

Honey and Clover will make you cry.

Arbitres 2010-03-29 10:21

Romance, you say? Try Vision of Escaflowne... It's quite romantic. It has 'mech armor' (the best way to describe them, they are mech. But pilots wear them like armor. You have to watch the series to understand.) and drama. It has afew comedy moments, but don't expect too many.

The anime is old, around 1999 and such, or earlier. But if that doesn't scare you away, then look forward to the storyline and mech armor fighting. Because the music compliments the anime quite well. (It's unusually tense and beautiful at the same time.)

No one mention Clannad? Oh you guys so suck. *sweatdrop* That anime is romance and comedy. Plus it's dramatic as well. (.....Nagisa, you are worthy of respect and compassion. Ruhe jetzt.)

I also second 5-centimeters per second.

valkyrist 2010-03-29 10:34

Thanks, thanks! ^o^

I'm excited to watch them now! :p

Scorch 2010-03-29 12:17

I second Honey and Clover, 5 Centimeters per Second, and Clannad. H&C is a particular favorite of mine.

I'd also like to add in Rec - it's about a salaryman and an aspiring voice actress. It's more on the dramatic side, although it has its funny moments.

capture 2010-03-29 22:58

I also recommend what the other posters have recommended... since they're aren't bad either..

adding

True Tears
- don't know if this will make you cry but I think it's a recommendable one...

Kare Kano - one of the best romcom anime for me...

valkyrist 2010-03-30 09:24

THANKS!~ ^o^

Pixelation 2010-03-30 15:48

Kanon (My current favorite)
Itazura na Kiss
Please Teacher (Please Twins if you like this)

I can also second recommendations for:
Lovely Complex
Clannad
Maison Ikkoku
Kare Kano

Itazura na Kiss and Lovely Complex are still in fansubs so that's a good place to start. =)

y_nikita 2010-04-01 11:55

NANA is best for me...best anime-manga ever...
and mmmmmm clannad,skip beat,kimi ni todoke they are all very good animes...
but nana is besttttttt ever for me...