AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Xenoblade: A Monolith + Nintendo RPG (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92561)

HayashiTakara 2010-04-01 20:10

Xenoblade: A Monolith + Nintendo RPG
 
This spring Nintendo is releasing Xenoblade, a game developed by Monolith studios (famous for their Xenosaga series) in Japan.

Main Website:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/

The game appears to be the successor the the Xeno series. It's all there, the futuristic setting with Mechs and all the other good stuff. Can't wait for E3 to see more on the U.S. release.

Here are some images:

the.Merines 2010-04-01 21:52

I've heard it has nothing to do with Xenosaga. Rather, it was renamed from Monado to Xenoblade to honor Takahashi's previous work on Xenogears and Xenosaga.

roriconfan 2010-04-02 06:04

I see no walls of text.
I see a guy with a sword fighting monsters.
I see no religious symbolisms.
I see the usual brainless one-man vs the world stuff.
This ain't a Xeno continuation.

HayashiTakara 2010-04-02 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 2983800)
I see no walls of text.
I see a guy with a sword fighting monsters.
I see no religious symbolisms.
I see the usual brainless one-man vs the world stuff.
This ain't a Xeno continuation.

You have no idea how stupid you're sounding right now.

1. No trailer / website / whatever will show walls of text.
2. You have a party, go watch a trailer, visit the website.
3. A few random pics will only show so much
4. You have a party, go watch a trailer, visit the website.

You can take control of one character while your team is controlled by A.I. but you can issue commands to do a force action to the other members.

-Sho- 2010-04-02 08:39

For the new trailer :




I liked Xenosaga series and Baten Kaitos too . Monolith Software did good job .
I don't know for this one .
I won't say that it's the successor to the xeno series .
Need more info .

HayashiTakara 2010-04-02 09:02

True, lets see what happens when the main website gets fully updated with info, or when the japanese release comes out in a couple of months.

paw24 2010-04-04 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 2983996)
True, lets see what happens when the main website gets fully updated with info, or when the japanese release comes out in a couple of months.

Thus this Game release or is under development??? i'm curious cause i played XenoSaga..

HayashiTakara 2010-04-04 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by paw24 (Post 2986947)
Thus this Game release or is under development??? i'm curious cause i played XenoSaga..

It's not released yet. It's japanese release is late spring.

roriconfan 2010-04-04 14:26

It's officially not part of the Xenosaga universe. Nice world but the story sounds simple and dualistic. And no half hour cut scenes. Unforgivable!

HayashiTakara 2010-04-04 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 2987204)
It's officially not part of the Xenosaga universe. Nice world but the story sounds simple and dualistic. And no half hour cut scenes. Unforgivable!

Could you refrain from talking like you know what you're talking about? Nothing is even known about the game yet, it's not even out yet. After the game is released than you can spout all the pointless nonsensical hate all you want.

Benoit 2010-04-04 15:43

Honestly, I think he was being sarcastic to the detriment of Xenosage.

roriconfan 2010-04-04 17:08

Jeez, IGN has revealed a lot of info already. I'm not making this up.

TJR 2010-04-04 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.Merines (Post 2983354)
I've heard it has nothing to do with Xenosaga.

Correct, it was conceived as a 100% original project. Tetsuya Takahashi maintains that it has nothing to do with previous Xeno games.

Quote:

Rather, it was renamed from Monado to Xenoblade to honor Takahashi's previous work on Xenogears and Xenosaga.
That's Nintendo's official line anyway. We all know that they changed the name for marketing purposes.

Albafica 2010-04-05 03:01

I love Xenogears and Xenosaga so I wait this new game!

jonli 2010-04-05 04:15

Strange, I'd expect this to be on the PS360. But given that Xenosaga didn't do too well last gen it seems like Monolith Soft doesn't want to risk too much by developing on the next gen consoles and chose the wii instead.

UNLESS, the gameplay is related to the Wii's mechanic like Fragile. That would be interesting...that's why it's called Xeno "BLADE". Just food for thought.

Don't shoot me, I never liked the Xenosaga storyline or games, I watched the anime but fell asleep and gave up. I recently just started playing Xenogears, the gameplay is great for its time but I'm not impressed by the story yet, I'm hoping it'll pick up. Fei isnt' really an interesting character, but that's maybe because I hate amnesiac heroes.

Benoit 2010-04-05 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli
Strange, I'd expect this to be on the PS360.

You must have missed the news where Nintendo essentially bought Monolith Soft.

HayashiTakara 2010-04-05 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoit (Post 2988132)
You must have missed the news where Nintendo essentially bought Monolith Soft.

Took the words out of my mouth. Nintendo owns 80% of Monolith so Monolith is essentially a 2nd party company to Nintendo.

jonli 2010-04-05 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 2988420)
Took the words out of my mouth. Nintendo owns 80% of Monolith so Monolith is essentially a 2nd party company to Nintendo.

Wow, I DID miss that news. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I had no idea, I didn't follow Monolith Soft at all. Now everything makes sense. Wii-motion plus sword anyone?

Terrestrial Dream 2010-04-05 23:15

Well played Xenogears recently but never played Xenosaga. Hoping that this will be at least good as Xenogears.
Speaking of Xenogears
Spoiler:

HayashiTakara 2010-04-06 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 2988793)
Wow, I DID miss that news. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I had no idea, I didn't follow Monolith Soft at all. Now everything makes sense. Wii-motion plus sword anyone?

Well not much is known about the gameplay so far. What we do know is that your main character and two other people you choose from the cast that joins you. You control one of the characters and the other two will fight according to A.I., you can force commands on them to casts spells and such, from what is known though the combat will be similar to that of FF12.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.